Dark Souls Quiz

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Dark Souls Quiz 3x3

With Dark Souls II just around the corner, we thought we'd give a little love to one of my favorite recent games. Dark Souls is an uncompromising RPG that knows its audience and isn't trying to appeal to everyone. If you're willing to dive deep into the game and learn all its little quirks, it's one of the more rewarding RPGs to add you your finished games list. But let's test to see how well you remember your travels through Dark Souls.

We've even prepared some musical accompaniment to get you in the proper mood.

Try not to die because as befitting the subject, there's only a badge for getting a perfect score.

Take the quiz!

the release date question was the one that tripped me up

Aced it, natch.
Though, after 2 years of playing it non-stop, I'd be surprised by anything less.

I scored 100%, with 10 of 10 correct on The Escapist's Dark Souls Quiz.
Take this quiz

Well, I did not get first place- nor did I even reach the time to score top 10. But only because one question threw me off and the end results wouldn't tell me which answer I got wrong. Figures it would be the one with how many knights there were that don't respawn... no matter!

When it was clear which answer I got wrong, I corrected myself instantly. Never breezed through a quiz so easily before, knowing the answers so well. Still completely satisfied with the quiz itself and now I have a Dark Souls Badge that I can proudly wear within my top 5 badges. Thank you Escapist staff for this wonderful gift indeed!! ^_^

Had to pause to count the black knights. Remembered them all right.

... Hmm, it seems impossible to move badges around on my IPad. Tried dragging, but on here it just highlights them...
All well. Once I get out of college today, I will go home and move the badges around on my actual computer.

God, I simply love the quiz and badge overall for this week's quiz... it just, makes me so happy!!

:D

Yeah, I tried to make a few of them a little tricky on purpose. It seemed only fitting.

Those are all extremely easy except for two questions, one of which is nonsensical (release date) and one of which is just odd.

Who counts how many of a specific enemy they encounter? Just backstab the Black Knight and move on.

EDIT: Took me just over a minute and i got one wrong. Had to retry, but hey im used to that with Dark Souls. Got 100% in 2 minutes ranking me 22nd. Okay then.

wat
My first quiz with a 100% because I went with something I thought was a joke answer.
And 7th place whooooo

I got 60%, and I've never even played Dark Souls. :)

Slycne:
Yeah, I tried to make a few of them a little tricky on purpose. It seemed only fitting.

Under normal circumstances, this may of caused a few eyebrows to raise up or even stir anger in the hearts of the users.

However...

This is Dark Souls we're talking about. The game itself is merciless, teaching you that even in death... you learn from your mistakes. That dying is only a step in the right direction rather then "Haha you suck!" since the game requires patience, durability, and you to never give up. I can't count how many times I have died in the game... it probably sums up the number of times I have eaten out at say Subway or Taco Bell- which has been a lot of times.

So being tricked or not knowing the number of knights that don't respawn is perfectly okay in comparison with what Dark Souls 2 shall throw at us. I'm not even considering that you can get invaded while you're hollow now and the fact enemies (NPCs) can learn how you fight during combat. It's going to take a lot out of me XD

Caramel Frappe:
Snipped for souls

The same thing happened to me, I was caught out by the number of knights. Nevertheless, this is how you start a Monday! Gosh dang it, I absolutely adore Dark Souls.

Caramel Frappe:

When it was clear which answer I got wrong, I corrected myself instantly. Never breezed through a quiz so easily before, knowing the answers so well. Still completely satisfied with the quiz itself and now I have a Dark Souls Badge that I can proudly wear within my top 5 badges. Thank you Escapist staff for this wonderful gift indeed!! ^_^

:D This quiz got made by popular demand! WHOO YEAH DEMOCRACY.

The quiz is impossible on my end. I got 90% 4 times and the only question I missed was the "Gwyn is the lord of _____" question. None of them are right, and yes, I've tried all 4 answers.

EDIT: Got it after another round of trying every answer. It would've been easier if they used his in game title of Lord of Cinder instead of what the answer was.

thejackyl:
The quiz is impossible on my end. I got 90% 4 times and the only question I missed was the "Gwyn is the lord of _____" question. None of them are right, and yes, I've tried all 4 answers.

EDIT: Got it after another round of trying every answer. It would've been easier if they used his in game title of Lord of Cinder instead of what the answer was.

Yeah, I remembered Cinders and just assumed Flame was the representation of that in the Quiz... but when I figured out that's what was wrong It was a pretty easy 2nd pick.

thejackyl:

He is called The Lord of Sunlight in the opening cutscene. He became known as The Lord of Cinder once he used his soul to rekindle the First Flame.

OT: I'm super happy to have a Dark Souls badge now. Can't wait until the sequel is released. *waits impatiently*

Yeah, with you guys, "Lord of Cinder" is all that clicked in my head. God, that annoys the crap out of me... coulda aced it. Coulda been a contender.

Too easy, I got 70% and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Church185:

thejackyl:

He is called The Lord of Sunlight in the opening cutscene. He became known as The Lord of Cinder once he used his soul to rekindle the First Flame.

Yeah it's just semantics because there are 2 right answers.

80% first time. That badge will be mine you hear! 100% completion hoh!

"Not soon enough" was the correct answer right?

Way too easy for a Souls veteran. I even knew the non-respawning knights question, but only by a fluke as I recently looked it up. However, the release date question threw me off. I had to retry twice to get it. That shit ain't fair.

It's not often I come across a quiz here where I genuinely don't have a clue about single one of the questions. Even when it's a game I haven't played I'll usually know at least a couple just through cultural osmosis. On the plus side, I beat the monkeys of random chance by a whole 0.5.

endnuen:
Had to pause to count the black knights. Remembered them all right.

I think that is the one that I missed. With out looking that question up, I was thinking....

1. Undead Burg
2. Undead Parish
3. Dark Root
4. Catacombs
5. Tomb of Giants
6. Undead Sanctuary
7. Undead Sanctuary

Dam , failed at lord Gwyn I think , forgot about the whole sunlight gig before becoming lord of cinder, however not soon enough was apparently correct so ill take that as with windows live going down and MP dark souls not working on pc as a result there cant be a sequel soon enough , not that I want it rushed.

Maxtro:

Triality:
Yeah it's just semantics because there are 2 right answers.

80% first time. That badge will be mine you hear! 100% completion hoh!

But there weren't two right answers in the quiz, so your point about semantics is moot.

ThatDarnCoyote:
I got 60%, and I've never even played Dark Souls. :)

You need 100% to get the medal through. Go get it son.

Maxtro:

I thought that was a joke answer and assumed it could only have been the October choice because I knew it was being released this year. Then I go to another Dark Souls 2 article and it states the date as March 11th! Don't think that was a fair multiple choice...

I went from 9/10 to 8/10... and I thought I only changed one answer! But since it isn't telling me what questions I got wrong, I don't know what to fix!

Screwed up the Covenant question twice in a row >_< Figured it was 7, but i was off by 2 xD

But the quiz isnt too hard even if you havent played very far, since alot of the questions can be solved by simple process of elimination, the covenants and black knights are the most difficult tho

All this talk of dark souls is starting to make me think a sequel is to appear very soon.
I guess i should actually pull my my ballsack back out of my vagina again and try to complete the 1st game. Sorry battlefield 4...you take too long to give me nice things

He is Gwyn lord of cinder, not lord of sunlight!

Xsjadoblayde:
All this talk of dark souls is starting to make me think a sequel is to appear very soon.
I guess i should actually pull my my ballsack back out of my vagina again and try to complete the 1st game. Sorry battlefield 4...you take too long to give me nice things

Well you would be right. Dark Souls 2 is coming out in North America on March 11th for Xbox 360 and PS3. There is a pc version in the works as well, but the release date for that version is currently unknown.

Good luck with completing the game! Just be observant and time your attacks correctly, you should be fine.

Broderick:

Xsjadoblayde:

Well you would be right. Dark Souls 2 is coming out in North America on March 11th for Xbox 360 and PS3. There is a pc version in the works as well, but the release date for that version is currently unknown.

Good luck with completing the game! Just be observant and time your attacks correctly, you should be fine.

Ooh thankyou. I may need it! Am actually stuck on this boss that wields 2 blades and 2 hounds and they just plough straight towards me as soon as i pass the light. I wouldnt mind so much, but they often trap me and kill me before i can get up and run. Last night it ended because i thought i had a plan to run in there with a bone charm so i could grab my 9000 odd souls from my last failure, warp back to a bonfire and maybe level up. I rage quitted after they pinned me down in 3 seconds flat...hoping it wouldnt save the loss of all them souls. Scared to go back to see if it did or not :(

gwyn is lord of Cinder tho he was lord of sunlight but became lord of cinder when he linked the flame and burned

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here