Escapist Podcast: 121: Game of the Year & Steam Machines

121: Game of the Year & Steam Machines

And we're back. With the holidays behind us, the Escapist Staff discusses Game of the Year and many of the recent announcements at CES 2014.

Watch Video

AC 4 is the best mechanics wise for me, things like sprint is shift, jump is space,don't have to hold down three or four keys to sprint like 2 and no massive sod as a main character like in 3. Conner is a massive twit.

4 is just fun. except for those god damn legendary ships, fuck those guys.

WTF is up with the sound quality? Sounds like you recorded it in a swamp.

Darth Sea Bass:

Yeah sorry about that, I was trying a new recording method and unfortunately it has some peaking issues that I didn't catch while sound checking. I tried to do some recovery and cleaning up on it, but there's only so much you can improve audio.

Slycne:

Darth Sea Bass:

Yeah sorry about that, I was trying a new recording method and unfortunately it has some peaking issues that I didn't catch while sound checking. I tried to do some recovery and cleaning up on it, but there's only so much you can improve audio.

No probs! Sorry if i sounded a bit arsey!

Onlive was the box set service that you just plug into a TV and use. It's still in business, though it did go bankrupt in 2012 and was sold off for $4.8 million. So while they weren't entirely successful, they are still around and one would hope that they might crawl up out of the muck as broadband becomes more widely available.

Ha! Very cool to see Path of Exile get a minute on the podcast. I've been hooked on it for a little while now. It's been making me feel guilty about not playing the games I've actually spent money on.

Cool to hear you guys talking about POE. Yes, GGG does make the game from West Auckland, New Zealand. I have actually personally visited their studio about 3 times and spent time chatting with some of the leads. They're pretty open to visitors as long as you ask ahead.

So, yeah, I had to stop the podcast at Bioshock Infinite. You see, you guys may have to play all those games for your job, but a lot of us don't have either the money or the time to go through all of them in the year they are releases, and Infinite is one of those I haven't gotten around to. It would be kind of useful in your breakdown of the episode's content to tell me when I could chime back in to avoid spoilers. I'll think I'll just skip to minute 57.

Man this podcast sure has bad luck with audio issues. At least it's not as bad as the time when the podcast was just a 1 1/2 hour loop of talking about Smurfs. That went from confusing to funny to annoying to creepy :D

About the bechdel test and historical movies, there is usually no reason why they would need to fail. Women were present in monumental occasions throughout history, even if their contributions and presence was largely ignored by historians for a long time.

I'm not saying that every historical movie should include the point of view of female characters, but this attitude of 'of course historical movies won't have women in them' always annoys me.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here