Feed Dump: Stark Dynasty

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Stark Dynasty

Cinnamon, duck hunters and Velveeta products are all in this week's Feed Dump.

Watch Video

I love that we live in an age where you can honestly ask someone, "Do you watch tv?". You know, without it being a strange question.

"Who wants to see my hairy back?" We all do Beej, we all do.

Not probably get too much sugar Danish Baker guy, you would die from too much sugar in that time.

Maybe the pistol's for if you want a challenge?

Just remember to take the hat off if you start hearing voices.

Why is Beej so quick to take off his pants?

Is anyone else getting what looks like a "Best Of" compilation of other Escapist shows? This is seriously odd.

EDIT: Reloading it twice seemed to get it over whatever nonsense it was showing. Still not sure why that happened, though.

I completely don't get the 420 mile marker thing.

I'm also surprised that Canada uses the god-awful american middle-endian date style. You used to be cool, Canada!

mrverbal:

I'm also surprised that Canada uses the god-awful american middle-endian date style. You used to be cool, Canada!

420, 4th month and 20th day, is an unofficial holiday for pot heads.

On that day, at 4:20 pm, they smoke pot.........That's it.

Dx And what is so wrong with our date system?!
We put down the month, then the day. The month is more important!

Disclaimer: not really mad. ;p

lol, OK, actively laughing at work. Awesome ep :)

mrverbal:

The international confusion is why I prefer to use Year-Month-Day. It's unambiguous, yet forces Europeans to implicitly conform to my preferred Month-Day format. :-D

I want that hat.

And I too hunted ducks with a pistol back in my youth.

*pats Zapper*

kailus13:
Maybe the pistol's for if you want a challenge?

I'm guessing this article was Graham's original source; down at the bottom it says that both the pistol and one of the semi-auto rifles are .22s.

Mossberg's Web site says its .22-caliber pistol is "perfect for small game, plinking, target shooting -- or clearing cottonmouths out of your duck blind."

That said, besides the small game mentioned above, pistols are actually used in some hunting -- I hear it's fairly common for hog hunters to use fairly powerful revolvers and pistols, because the hogs tend to be in thick scrub brush where longguns are unwieldy. One of the few places where a Desert Eagle might almost be considered useful.

As much as I laughed at Graham trying to pronounce kanalsnegl, I realize that the word must - understandably - seem completely bonkers to you guys. :)

AntiChrist:
As much as I laughed at Graham trying to pronounce kanalsnegl, I realize that the word must - understandably - seem completely bonkers to you guys. :)

Eh, at least it's not Welsh.

Don't forget you can also get your own Reddit branded guns as well!

Imp Emissary:

mrverbal:

The year is most important. Bow before the might of the US military date system (this post taking place on 20140115 at 1526 PST). More space efficient, better for digital record keeping, doesn't coddle our lazy american brains.

The slow lorises and amorphous cheese alien are in league with one another. Kraft may need help on this one...

loc978:

Imp Emissary:

mrverbal:

The year is most important. Bow before the might of the US military date system (this post taking place on 20140115 at 1526 PST). More space efficient, better for digital record keeping, doesn't coddle our lazy american brains.

-_- Fair enough. The year is most important.

That said; It looks better when written like this[ 2014/01/15 at 15:26 PST ]. ;p

This all reminds me that I need to learn more metric.

Surprised not to hear about how a guy at the Edmonton International Airport brought a pipe bomb through security and all they did was confiscate it and let him on the plane, and only told the RCMP 4 days after. Then when they did arrest him when he got back, all he got was a fine because you know carrying explosives through the airport is no big deal but, you have over 4 oz. of liquid you better watch your ass.

mrverbal:
[snip]

Imp Emissary:
[snip]

Actually, most theories point to it being a time of day, not a date.

Aris Khandr:
Is anyone else getting what looks like a "Best Of" compilation of other Escapist shows? This is seriously odd.

EDIT: Reloading it twice seemed to get it over whatever nonsense it was showing. Still not sure why that happened, though.

I believe that's a new ad for the site. Because, you know, you might as well concentrate every video on the site into a ultra pure form.

Denmark do just the same that germany has done when the EU said that german bread has to much salt: nothing

-Dragmire-:
I love that we live in an age where you can honestly ask someone, "Do you watch tv?". You know, without it being a strange question.

Relevant XKCD:

Ah, Graham you're an adult again! Sorry, I've just come back from watching some LRR videos from between 2004 and 2008. It can as a bit of a shock that it's actually 2014 now...

God of Path:
The slow lorises and amorphous cheese alien are in league with one another. Kraft may need help on this one...

I say we leave them to it, I'm sure that something delicious will come out of it whatever else happens.

That hat is exceptional.

Also, if that mile marker was 419.9 repeating I'd be very happy.

Did Kate record this on her way to a hen's party or nightclub? Or a hen's party at a nightclub?

To correctly pronounce any Danish word you must imitate the movement your tongue makes when it has been severely numbed.
No offense to any Danish people of course, I'm sure your language is rich and expressive. I myself am english and live in Sweden so I understand that whilst mocking language differences is fun we should be careful not to be insulting.

Except for people from Skåne, the words are Swedish but it sounds like Danish. Why don't they just pick one and stick to it.
Of course I'm joking. It's a wonderful part of Sweden with a beautiful landscape. Every region has its own idiosyncrasies in pronunciation.
I myself am from the southwest of England and... Hobbits and Pirates. I think I'll leave it there.

The Gentleman:

mrverbal:
[snip]

Imp Emissary:
[snip]

Actually, most theories point to it being a time of day, not a date.

>3> Yes, I know. I was talking about the people "celebrating" "420".

<.< Though, I guess some pot heads may "celebrate" 420 every day....

Sad part of where I live, people will probably take that Duck Dynasty ad seriously and buy the guns, wear the bandana and start yammering about the government coming for their guns...I wish I was kidding

Kyrdra:
Denmark do just the same that germany has done when the EU said that german bread has to much salt: nothing

-Dragmire-:

Relevant XKCD:

Well, at least it's going back to neutral territory based on that graph.

-Dragmire-:

Kyrdra:

-Dragmire-:

Relevant XKCD:

Which in turn calls forth another XKCD comic...

Scars Unseen:

-Dragmire-:

Kyrdra:

Relevant XKCD:

Which in turn calls forth another XKCD comic...

Pfff, you xkcd people have an answer for everything!

Honestly, that was pretty fucking funny.

I never understood why 4:20 was so special.

It's before 5 so that says to me that you don't have a job.
Not having a job says to me that you live off someone else, someone who probably does work, and gets off at 5.
So you get high just before the person supporting you gets back.
Shouldn't you be trying to HIDE the fact that you aren't pulling your weight? Do it at Noon or something.

huh. he actually does say that last part.

YAY My country is kind of, but not really, but then again, releveant. Somehow. Yay!

Dascylus:
To correctly pronounce any Danish word you must imitate the movement your tongue makes when it has been severely numbed.
No offense to any Danish people of course, I'm sure your language is rich and expressive. I myself am english and live in Sweden so I understand that whilst mocking language differences is fun we should be careful not to be insulting.

Except for people from Skåne, the words are Swedish but it sounds like Danish. Why don't they just pick one and stick to it.
Of course I'm joking. It's a wonderful part of Sweden with a beautiful landscape. Every region has its own idiosyncrasies in pronunciation.
I myself am from the southwest of England and... Hobbits and Pirates. I think I'll leave it there.

People use to say that you should talk as if you have a potato in your mouth, when you´re speaking danish.
Though it shouldn´t be so extreme, it is basically correct. We talk alot with our throats, more deep sounds.
Anyone from my country can easily hear the difference between the I in "Killing" -Kitten, and the Y in "Kylling" -Chicken.

I'm currently in Mexico, and it is really weird for me that my family can´t hear a difference between my friends names, when i´m talking of Lene and Lone.

And to keep stereotypes going: Swedish=Drunken danish. Norwegian=Drunken danish, being sung. Finnish=What?

Ps. No offense taken. Its all in good fun.
Pps. The "G" in "kanelsnegl" is pronounced like the Y in "hey." Really convoluted way of saying things, I know, but hey english isn´t my native language, and this was easiest to explain.

I'm pleased that Kate is in another video, will she be in any of the streams?

Uhm... am I the only one who gets a franken-clip show of various Escapist series?

Or am I missing some kind of clever joke?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here