Unskippable: Call of Duty: Ghosts

Call of Duty: Ghosts

I don't quite think the Ghostbusters are equipped to deal with this one.

Watch Video

No! She was only three days from retirement!

I assume the female astronauts going to die right? There's no point having people wistfully wanting to get back home if they actually get back home.

And hey that's yet another thing CoD Ghosts shares with

I would think playing Call of Duty would get very confusing considering you keep character jumping.

BrotherRool:

I assume the female astronauts going to die right? There's no point having people wistfully wanting to get back home if they actually get back home.

It's like showing someone a picture of the girl you promised to marry when you got back from the war; you're drawing a metaphysical bullseye on your forehead.

OT: Well obviously they had to go away from the house to tell their ghost stories. Kids these days would be using wifi to fact-check Dad's story, complaining about how "no such unit exists" and "people aren't made of grey wax".

canadamus_prime:
I would think playing Call of Duty would get very confusing considering you keep character jumping.

That implies anyone's paying attention to the story. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

That implies anyone's paying attention to the story. I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

No, that's assuming anyone's even playing the single player campaign. Which I'm guessing isn't many people.

canadamus_prime:

No, that's assuming anyone's even playing the single player campaign. Which I'm guessing isn't many people.

On Steam, last I checked Black Ops 2, more than half the players (closer to 2/3s) had got the achievement for the first story mission. The question isn't "do people play the story?" It's "how much do they play" and "do they pay attention?"

I decided to check for Ghosts, too. Right now, almost 3/4 have at least completed the first mission, with the first six story achievements having over a 50% user completion. From all appearances, the people playing the story aren't few at all.

Granted, this is the only platform I'm aware of where we can check overall user scores, but still.

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

On Steam, last I checked Black Ops 2, more than half the players (closer to 2/3s) had got the achievement for the first story mission. The question isn't "do people play the story?" It's "how much do they play" and "do they pay attention?"

I decided to check for Ghosts, too. Right now, almost 3/4 have at least completed the first mission, with the first six story achievements having over a 50% user completion. From all appearances, the people playing the story aren't few at all.

Granted, this is the only platform I'm aware of where we can check overall user scores, but still.

Well colour me surprised. I figured people only played Call of Duty for the multiplayer.

canadamus_prime:

Well colour me surprised. I figured people only played Call of Duty for the multiplayer.

I was surprised myself, but it seems like a lot of people played Ghosts to completion. Granted, these numbers may fall with time....

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

I was surprised myself, but it seems like a lot of people played Ghosts to completion. Granted, these numbers may fall with time....

Who knew? But yes, I suspect those numbers will diminish.

To be fair, wax soldiers are really cheap. It just shows how low the budget was that they could only afford 60 of them.

Why would you call your kill-sat ODIN anyway? Did they already have a THOR?

Given that you control where he goes, can you make him walk in front of that car?

It's a bad start when the video you're mocking is trying even harder to be completely silly.

VikingKing:
It's a bad start when the video you're mocking is trying even harder to be completely silly.

I want to see Platinum games make a cod game, you would be shooting at giant robot dinosaurs before anyone could mutter the word "terrorism".

I've been convicted by this game into thinking that the player characters have all been in horrible accidents after which their brains were placed into jars, given robot bodies and then people put gloves on the robots. In the past games your player character had a voice an opinions. In Ghosts all you do is follow orders and interface with other electronics. You've received no special training, you're just equipped with super advanced WiFi.

The whole game makes so much more sense if you go through the campaign with that in mind. It also explains why you can't see your reflection in mirrors. It isn't that you don't have a reflection, but your mind would not be able to cope with the image it sees and your character would go insane.

Worgen:
I want to see Platinum games make a cod game, you would be shooting at giant robot dinosaurs before anyone could mutter the word "terrorism".

I want at least one section where we play the midget drill instructor and have crotch shots replace head shots as the method to instantly kill enemies.

It could also be the forced stealth section because you already happen to be low enough to hide behind most chest high walls.

That vacuum joke was the first time I've laughed at Unskippable in a good while. Well done.

Thunderous Cacophony:

BrotherRool:

It's like showing someone a picture of the girl you promised to marry when you got back from the war; you're drawing a metaphysical bullseye on your forehead.

OT: Well obviously they had to go away from the house to tell their ghost stories. Kids these days would be using wifi to fact-check Dad's story, complaining about how "no such unit exists" and "people aren't made of grey wax".

Kids these days have 3G.

canadamus_prime:

When I played CoDMW2 I didn't realise I was jumping.
Lets just say some scenes confused me until I got it.

canadamus_prime:

Zachary Amaranth:

canadamus_prime:

I used to enojy the Call of Duty campaigns. Then MW2 happened. I still enjoyed it, but the more I thought about it the less I liked it. Same with every CoD up to Black Ops 2. That was the one that made me give up on CoD for good.

Though I did like being able to customise your loadout in the BO2 campaign. Select-fire FAL and a Browning Hi-Power? It's practically an L1A1 SLR and a L9A1. We British Army now.

Aw, don't apologize for that "vacuum" joke, that was gold! Sincere silliness is so rare these days.

The only thing I can say was wrong was that one of you didn't say, after that guy asks "What's going on here?!" during the ODIN attack, "Don't ask me! I'm the Player Character in a modern Call of Duty game! I can't talk!"

Wait, why name a satellite weapon after Odin? How about Zeus? Was Zeus taken?

And note to Zachary and canadimus_prime: I read your above debate in Graham and Paul's voices, and it was hilarious.

Techno Squidgy:

canadamus_prime:

Zachary Amaranth:

I used to enojy the Call of Duty campaigns. Then MW2 happened. I still enjoyed it, but the more I thought about it the less I liked it. Same with every CoD up to Black Ops 2. That was the one that made me give up on CoD for good.

And then MW2 happened... The campaign jumped the shark and the MP got even more twitchy.

kailus13:

Presumably it's an acronym. "Orbital Destruction In...NOW!"

Darth_Payn:

And note to Zachary and canadimus_prime: I read your above debate in Graham and Paul's voices, and it was hilarious.

Which one was I? Graham or Paul?

Anthony Hopkins is doing what now?

Thunderous Cacophony:

BrotherRool:

She can't die, she just christened her new boat the "Live 4 Eva!".

OT; The dusty space needing a vacuuming joke, I think it was the best pun you have ever come up with.

canadamus_prime:

Darth_Payn:

Which one was I? Graham or Paul?

That depends: which one do you identify with?

that was hilarious xD tho tbh I found the Ghosts intro to be more interesting than say the Black Ops ones lol

Wait. So, the space flashback is to fifteen minutes earlier but you have to actually do something to get the plot moving forward. What if you leave your game running for twenty minutes without pushing off from the station? Is there a temporal paradox? Do you have to go back in time to fix it? Are you actually your own dad?!

I think I'm going to spend the rest of my life looking for a way to implement that space vacuum pun into conversation.

I only wish Graham could have said it completely straight.

Darth_Payn:

The Greeks are sooo 2013 man. 2014 is the year of the Norse, baby!

Darth_Payn:

Because I'm pretty sure it is abbreviation, because EVERYTHING now needs to be abbreviation *sigh*
I'm still waiting for a game where dialogue would go like this
"...We name this orbital defense platform Zeus."
"Let me guess, it stands for Zero Encounter U-something Satellite?"
"No, it stands for Zeus, y'know bearded greek dude, throws lightning, kills stuff. We though it was fitting name"

Well, with the whole explodey mountain thing,they should have called it RAGNAROK, or maybe FENRIR. But ODIN works I guess, could double as a spy satellite then to.

kailus13:
To be fair, wax soldiers are really cheap. It just shows how low the budget was that they could only afford 60 of them.

Well n the Mortal Engines series the big space based death satellite is called ODIN because it stands for Orbital Defence Initiative. And because its stonking great laser cannon is like one big eye (from a distance anyway). Its probably something similar here

I actually lived very close to the Odenwald - which some claim is called that as "Odin's forest"; the etymology isn't entirely clear - for several years. We never had satellite-induced volcanic eruptions. But maybe Odin just likes us better? Also, I'm pretty sure they weren't in Purgatory but Hel or something. The vacuum joke made me chuckle. :-)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here