Feed Dump: Runners, Sliders, Designers

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Runners, Sliders, Designers

Running without a gun is just taking your life into your hands, everyone knows that!

Watch Video

I dont understand the White Castle burger thing. I dont get how they can be 'so influential' when we dont have it on the west coast. At least McDonald's, as horrid as it is, is everywhere.

Holy shit, it's Chris Avellone...how the hell did you pull that off?

It's Chris goddamn Avellone! What is he doing being mildly funny with our favorite Canadians!
Get back to making cool things with games!

Holy #!@?, I clicked on this weeks because of the Obsidian tags but my mind was not ready for what followed. How on earth did you get him on Feed Dump?

Did you guys use a Lucha libre mask on an earlier episode or am I simply confused?

Am I a bad person for not knowing who Chris is?

Malconvoker:
I dont understand the White Castle burger thing. I dont get how they can be 'so influential' when we dont have it on the west coast. At least McDonald's, as horrid as it is, is everywhere.

Yeah can you really be called influential if your burgers are square and everyone else's are still round?

Draconalis:

Not really =D But he is one of the best game designers ever, he wrote basically the entirety of Planescape: Torment, Knights of the Old Republic 2, a lot of Fallout: New Vegas and he's been working on Wasteland 2, Torment: Tides of Numeria and Project Eternity, South Park Stick of Truth

EDIT: Totally forgot about Alpha Protocol

If you don't like PC RPGs he probably hasn't done much of note :P

How on earth can it be the most influential burger in the world when most countries have no whitecastle and are therefore clearly not influenced by it? I mean, surely by weight of numbers alone the big mac is more influential? (Also terrible and you should feel bad if you like it, but still more influence)

Fun episode, cool (if random) to see Chris Avellone show up... But, what was up with the audio balance on this show? It seems like everything was coming through entirely on one side.

(Checks headphones)...Yep, I think it's you...

Whoa! How did you guys get Chris Avellone on the show? That's awesome.
Also, how can White Castle burgers be the most influential? We don't even have White Castles here on the western half of the United States. Every town has like 4 McDonalds and 3 Burger Kings, but I've never even seen a White Castle, much less eaten at one.

Draconalis:

he has been making really good RPGs since the late 90s, did (among other things) the amazing writing in things like planescape torment and Kotor 2. he is also one of the founders of obsidian so you can blame him for every single bug in fallout NV and alpha protocol.
it's kinda sad that people like him are not as visible as they should be.

Callate:
Fun episode, cool (if random) to see Chris Avellone show up... But, what was up with the audio balance on this show? It seems like everything was coming through entirely on one side.

(Checks headphones)...Yep, I think it's you...

That's my fault. I'll fix it for next week!

Chris Avellone! :D

GUEST DUMP!

How'd you kidnap/lure him?

That credit sequence with him rocked. Now I want to play New Vegas again. XD

Whoa its Chris Avellone, one of the greatest games designers ever. How long did it take Alex to Kidnap er convince him to join you guys this week?

Zipa:
Whoa its Chris Avellone, one of the greatest games designers ever. How long did it take Alex to Kidnap er convince him to join you guys this week?

It's easy - they all just prayed to the white castle burger for strength.

Also - there may be better sources for news but they don't have Chris Avellone. Because they are just not awesome enough for that.

Keep your day job, Chris.
Also I wish we had White Castle here.

Zipa:

It's not the first time he's been on a LRR video, I'm guessing he's friends with one of the gang.

judgementbringer:
Whoa! How did you guys get Chris Avellone on the show? That's awesome.
Also, how can White Castle burgers be the most influential? We don't even have White Castles here on the western half of the United States. Every town has like 4 McDonalds and 3 Burger Kings, but I've never even seen a White Castle, much less eaten at one.

It's not in the South either. This deceleration is false.

Fat_Hippo:
Holy shit, it's Chris Avellone...how the hell did you pull that off?

Well they aren't supposed to reveal this I'm afraid.

After all, what they did is a felony in 57 countries, and a misdemeanour in another five.

I think Poland still has Tarring and Feathering on the books for it come to think of it...

mrverbal:
How on earth can it be the most influential burger in the world when most countries have no whitecastle and are therefore clearly not influenced by it?

It was the first fast food burger.
So I guess that counts for something

DirgeNovak:

It's not the first time he's been on a LRR video, I'm guessing he's friends with one of the gang.

Check out http://www.dracogen.com/ and know that Steve Dengler is Ash Vickers brother and you can see that the culprit is sitting right there in the video^^

Now disclaimer: I do not actually know that this is the reason they know him but it would be my guess.

Bingo. ;)

vxicepickxv:
It's not in the South either. This deceleration is false.

Ummm I hate to break this to you...

Ash.Vickers:
Bingo. ;)

I love that you joined this forum, just to make that comment. :)

I found it very hard to understand the speaking in this episode.

Huzzah for having a game dev appear in the show! Good fun. He certainly had a high charisma modifier.

I too found the audio really off for this episode. It was very low volume, and the balance was all over the place. Technical difficulties?

So is Chris Avellone a regular cast member now? I hope so.

But I am genuinely curious how White Castle apparently has the most influential hamburger. Most other hamburgers I know of have taken the route of not tasting like vomit. White Castle doesn't seem to be influencing anyone.

Oi. Chris Avellone. Quit doing hilarious cameos on one of my favorite web series and get back to writing for games that I will instantly fall in love with no matter what flaws they might have.

HOLY FUCKING SHITPICKLES IT'S CHRIS AVELLONE HOLY SHIT

*Deep breath*

Wow. Was not expecting that. Anyway, while you're in the neighborhood, could you remind someone to update the TToN tumblr? It's been three weeks, and I'm going into serious withdrawal here.

I honestly thought White Castle went out of business years ago.

There was one around when I was living in a suburb about an hour outside of Chicago, but that eventually changed into a KFC. Haven't seen them here in Vermont either. Or New Hampshire or Maine. Where the hell is White Castle these days anyway?

Oooh, stereo (at least, mixing board stereo). I'm getting chills at the thought of Chris Avellone whispering game design secrets in my ear.

I hate to have to use this now that it's a meme, but... Cool stories, bro. I actually mean that, not the sarcastic BS currently implied. I do find it curious that the White Castle Slider is somehow more influential than the Quarter-Pounder, (first mass-produced burger designed to be eaten as a meal), the Big Mac (introduction of "secret ingredient" and "signature" burgers to fast food), or the Whopper (the first ever fully-customizable sandwich in fast food). But hey... first is first, despite being nowhere near perfected...

Redlin5:
Chris Avellone! :D

GUEST DUMP!

How'd you kidnap/lure him?

With White Castle, obviously.

Oh hey, it's that guy that makes all the games I like.

2xDouble:
With White Castle, obviously.

The funny thing is that I've never heard of White Castle before this Feed Dump.

I thought all the newscasters in Mexico wore masks.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here