Escapist News Now: GTA 5 PC Listed on Amazon

GTA 5 PC Listed on Amazon

According to Amazon, the PC version is currently available for pre-order.

Watch Video

still not sure if i will get it. after SA i dint bother to get any title anymore. well, i rather wait and see how the port is. if its like GTA4, then no thank you.

Metalrocks:
still not sure if i will get it. after SA i dint bother to get any title anymore. well, i rather wait and see how the port is. if its like GTA4, then no thank you.

GTA4 was both a terrible PC port and a great PC port at the same time. The optimization was terrible and there were crashes and stuff. Outside of that it was great. It was one of the first games I remember to allow seamless transition from kb/mouse to controller. I loved driving with a controller and then shooting with a mouse. It also automatically switched the onscreen instructions from kb/mouse to controller. It allowed you to have the controller inverted and the mouse normal.

The other great thing was something I wish every game had: the recorder and editing tools. You could hit a button and it would save the last 14 seconds or so of game data (NOT just a video recording). You could then pull this up in a really well made editing program. So, every time something crazy happened you hit a button. Then you could rewatch it in the editor and see all the crazy stuff from different angles or in slo-mo. You could make a video with all the clips and add music from the game. The video could be rendered at the games highest graphics settings too. People made full movies with the thing. I almost had more fun making videos of explosions, beatings, car wrecks, explosions, sweet ramps, bail outs, and explosions than I did playing the game.

So, much better graphics, better controls, and a special added recording system for the port. But, yeah, it ran terribly at first so it goes down as one of the worst PC ports evar. I didn't have any real trouble by the time I played it, which was probably a year after it came out. Loved the Episodes from Liberty City stuff too.

GTA4 was pretty good, after you patched it. I have never finished it. GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas; These are GTA games that I have played and finished, multiple times. But I can't even make it through 1 playthrough of GTA4. If it does actually get released, it's likely I won't buy it unless I am bored and it is on a 50% sale or something.

Hm. I can't really see myself buying this, seeing as I've had more than my share of open-world goodness with AC4 and Saints Row IV. GTA 5's mechanics look incredible, but from what I've heard and seen of the three protagonists, there's just something about their respective motivations and the whole basis behind what's going on that gets to me.

Plus, I'm sort of getting tired of Rockstar's incessant "Oh hey! Let's satirize America! AGAIN! Let's up the Cynicism to ELEVEN!"

I look at the game and all I want to do is nod my head and say "Yeah, I get it. Western civilization is fucked up in so many ways it's not funny. Do you REALLY have to bash that in for every game you make, though? How about you bashed your own pond, Houser bros? Give us a GTA set in a London ersatz!"

Buuut, fat chance of that happening. Being Canadian, I should probably just disregard whatever bits really do irk me, but the fact is American culture is pretty much everywhere. Riffing on it pretty much means you're riffing on my culture, too.

Captcha: hear me roar!
Oh, fuck you, Captcha; not a Katy Perry reference! I thought you had more class!

meh, the hype train has moved on for me and now i don't really care enough either way...

I don't care for another repetitive session of this game, already had 3 of them and only played two of them a lot, the third was already worn out for me personally. Sure new people that never played GTA V can't do much wrong with this title (except when they have problems with playing asshole characters).

While I am kind of excited to see this come onto PC since its an amazing game...

GTA IV isn't helping since that PC port was absolute shit...

And I don't see rockstar trying any harder with GTA V

So I'll wait and see if its a decent port

I really wish R* had decided to do Red Dead Redemption on PC. But GTA V could be good if they decide to put effort into it.

Oh boy another crap port to the PC...... *sigh*

Might be tempted to pick it up, GTA 5 was fun, but the AA was so bad that I couldn't see what half the cars were until I was right on top of them. If a PC version is higher quality it might be worth it at least over a sale.

Depends on the quality of the port. I most likely will wait a few days to see if it's horribly broken. If and when they release and fix it, then I might buy. Maybe it'll be in time for the Steam summer sale.

EDIT: If they're making a PC version, it'd be absolutely stupid not to make Xbone and PS4 ports. PC is the one that's harder to code for in that case due to variety of hardware, porting to a console that uses the same basic architecture shouldn't take that much work.

I'll buy it once it gets released, but I wouldn't hold my breath if its right at launch or I just wait for Steam sale.

I have managed to keep myself unspoiled on the story of the game so I guess I can get looking forward to that at least.

Wow, those are most certainly hot news.
Or would be if amazon didn't have Gta 5 pc available for preorder for over a year now.

DarkhoIlow:
I'll buy it once it gets released, but I wouldn't hold my breath if its right at launch or I just wait for Steam sale.

I have managed to keep myself unspoiled on the story of the game so I guess I can get looking forward to that at least.

Agreed. It took R* nearly three months to get GTA IV on PC to a decently playable state. I'm betting it will take them at least 2/3 of that for GTA V.

I couldn't help but notice the price tag of 60 Euro... so they are charging more than the average PC game for a game that has been out for quite a while after the hype has died down and the story has been spoiled for some of us.

Given the story when it comes to the actual quality of the PC ports I think I will give this one a miss until there's a Steam sale.

Edit: Also a few other stores have had this listed for months already, even before the console releases. This doesn't really mean anything.

while definitely not true, i think it would be funny if this was just the repackaged malware people got the first time

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here