The Case of the Hidden Pocket

Sherlock_3x3

You are Sherlock Holmes - the greatest consulting detective ever. It's not every case that takes your undivided attention for more than a few minutes. This is one such boring waste of your time.

Can you solve this one? Can you be the most Sherlock of Sherlocks? Well, let's find out...

Take the quiz!

I give up... I've noticed important details, like

but fitting it into the answers is proving difficult.

It's a wonderful idea, quite the brain teaser, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting a perfect answer. And it's difficult not knowing which ones I got right and wrong without the option to look back over my answers. So sadly, I'm going to have to give up until next time.

EDIT: I finally got it finished, and I'm proudly sporting the badge. *holds hands in pray position and grins* Just call me the world's only consulting draconic detective.

Thanks for the feedback on this one, folks! It is a bit of an experiment.

What are we meant to put for the first question when each possible answer is something that Sherlock might say?

The problem is that most of the answers are all legitimate points and it become a guessing game of what would Sherlock say, not what is correct.

Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information. -Mod

JonB:
Thanks for the feedback on this one, folks! It is a bit of an experiment.

Don't stop here! I failed to mention that I like it a lot!!

madgaurd1989:
The problem is that most of the answers are all legitimate points and it become a guessing game of what would Sherlock say, not what is correct.

Dude, spoiler tags!

Had to take it twice. I figured it out easily the first time, but the answer choices don't actually make sense.
And the first one is just arbitrary and clumsily worded.

Hm. A couple of things:
-Love the non-game-related quiz. More cool culture stuff plz!
-The first question, you are penalizing non-Sherlock fans. They wouldn't necessarily know how Benedict Cumberbatch plays Sherlock, and the correct response wasn't necessarily one you would hear from Robert Downey Jr.'s rendition in the Guy Ritchie films.

Sadly, Sherlock's presence wouldn't even have been necessary: the rozzers would've found a bullet hole in the victim upon full examination, and that would've been enough for them to perform a gunshot residue test on Warrent's hands.

But it was good fun, regardless. Put me strongly in the camp of 'YES! Please include quizzes that aren't just trivia-based about a particular game!!! If you do want to do more of the Sherlock (or perhaps Escapist's own detective...) themed quizzes, tho, I would strongly suggest getting a basic forensic pathology textbook. You'll find plenty of ideas in there, as well as help with aspects of criminal investigation. (Warning, however: don't get an illustrated one unless you have a strong stomach! ;)

Took me 5 tries to get 100%. Having grown up with a different version of Sherlock Holmes (the Soviet one, starring Livanov), I have to agree with leyke and solidstatemind about the first question. 3 out of 5 tries were just to get the first answer right. But overall I really enjoyed this quiz! Looking forward to more like this =)

Sherlock's personality shouldn't be a factor in the answer, keep it to the detective work.
But aside from that and a couple other minor hiccups, I had a blast, even though I got a terrible score.
I'd love to see more!

Loved the idea, but yeah, figuring out the right answers even when you understand the situation is tricky. More like this though, please!

madgaurd1989:

Please use spoiler tags for sensitive information. -Mod

I was suppose to guess what he would say? That's bull. I'm sitting here actually solving a murder. Screw it. I give myself 100%

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here