Escapist News Now: Elder Scrolls Online A-List Voice Cast

Elder Scrolls Online A-List Voice Cast

Zenimax and Bethesda revealed their star studded voice cast for the Elder Scrolls Online, and it contains some impressive names.

Watch Video

Just like Star Wars Galaxies... so much talent being wasted on a "WOW killer" that will fail.

Well having tested in the beta I can say it feels very far from WoW. I can also say personally I skipped all the story. Maybe when the game launches and I have more time then a weekend to play I will watch more of the story.

ESO will be a good game. Does it need all that voice talent? Probably not. I think the general player will care a less about it.

Probably doesn't need that level of acting, but since voicing is a complaint in all of the games so far, it's nice to see them going big. Studios spending big money is how they let us know that they care :P

Kate Beckinsale as the leader of the Aldmeri Dominion? If I ever get this game, I know which team I'm gonna be on.

I honestly do not think subscription based model is viable and only hope that, when the which to some F2P system, it won't be that bad.

Oh boy, blowing a big chunk of the budget on "celebrities" to do what dedicated voice actors would be happy to do, plus another character at no charge.

I'm probably overreacting, it's not as bad as some of the stunt casting I think of when I read a title bragging on it's "A-list" voice cast.

A shame its not a true super skill game... I think it would be better if it was more TES only instead of 100 cap on skills its 1000. And uhg I hate class systems.... the only requirements should be based on attributes and skill level.

Dammit Malcolm McDowell you brilliant bastard, are you ever NOT a villain?!

There seems to be a serious lack of people with terrible nordic accents - so how will this believably be an elder scrolls game?

Ubiquitous Duck:
There seems to be a serious lack of people with terrible nordic accents - so how will this believably be an elder scrolls game?

Actually, that's exactly how this will be an elder scrolls game! By default, everyone's accent will be terrible.

The more I hear of this, the more I hope they'll re-release a proper single player version when it inevitably crashes and burns. But noooo they will probably continue with their idiotic and dated subscription system and then go "free"-to-play like the rest of them

I'm cautiously hopeful about ESO, and the calibre of the voice actors here makes me still more hopeful.

Now to temper my fanboyism with some more of that caution.

mjharper:
I'm cautiously hopeful about ESO, and the calibre of the voice actors here makes me still more hopeful.

Now to temper my fanboyism with some more of that caution.

Likewise.
I don't this ESO should have existed in the first place, but it does now. I can only hope it works. I wish the subscription model was closer to the Wildstar proposed one or the EVE implemented one.

Strict sub models are old and not needed. Flexible ones however are an option. I understand that F2P might not make for the best play experience, but not everyone can afford 8.99 a month.

If you haven't got an income you cannot justify 8.99 a month. Or you feel compelled to play more than you want.
If you don't have an income, you probably do have time. So if you can spend that "time" to pay for your fee, then it would be great.
The subscription model does alienate a lot of potential players. Particularly players who are reluctant to jump ship from the snuggle-blanket of World of Warcraft.

No Troy Baker?

Although as impressive as the voice line up is i'm wondering how many of them will actually get to dump lore in your face more than once before fading into the background or just straight-up dying.

But i suppose since it isn't actually developed by the usual Bethesda suspects the voices might stick around for a bit... and not be terrible. I can hope, right?

A shame they don't mention how poor the majority of the voice acting is or the fact it is completely non-existent. I would have taken straight text over the text to voice that has been used in most of the game which was hopefully a placeholder. That said, no amount of A-list voice acting can save the terrible gameplay of the game. Another generic fantasy MMO that is doomed to die young.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here