Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Castlevania Frankensteins

Lol, ok, I know someone says they like the show more, the more kevin is in it...but....It's not Kevin's SHOW!!!

Great top 5:)

I don't remember that boss battle from SOTN and I have played the game like 10x...weird.

That mash-up of Young Frankenstein with I, Frankenstein was worth the price of admission alone.

(Especially since the price of admission was, technically, free. But that doesn't mean the compliment wasn't sincere.)

Also, "Since the original was released, three days before I was born"... Now I feel reeeeeally old.

Kevin, i know people in comments say that they love this Lisa, but it's not Lisa's show! I mean, it's cool to see her once in a while, but don't drag too much attention to her. We love you much more! Also, good top5 as always! :3

Callate:
That mash-up of Young Frankenstein with I, Frankenstein was worth the price of admission alone.

(Especially since the price of admission was, technically, free. But that doesn't mean the compliment wasn't sincere.)

Also, "Since the original was released, three days before I was born"... Now I feel reeeeeally old.

Yeah, I was 6 when it came out. It's still a hard game.

Castlevania 2 did have a pretty solid soundtrack, and some interesting concepts, such as day and night cycles.

Sadly Lisa didn't come out snapping a whip for this one. [sigh] my fantasies will have to remain unfulfilled. :)

That bit of predictable creepiness out of the way (I can't believe I'm the first one to make that crack... haha pun intended) this is a pretty decent list, and honestly it's pretty amazing that Castlevania survived long enough and had so many installments that it can have it's own, internal, "top five". :)

I'll also admit "Simon's Quest" was my first Castlevania game. I'm not a huge fan of the genere, but I did play that one (and other installments on and off) quite heavily for a while. I do admit it is one of the weaker installments in the series, but in part because I think it's heavily glitched in some copies. It seems like a lot of people (like me) got stuck at the point where your apparently supposed to throw holy water at the cliff face left of the starting town in order to proceed at one point, and in some copies of the game it just doesn't work even with all of the "flags" set.

Truthfully though I'm not a big fan of reboots, and honestly it would have been nice if they tried to do a new, but similar, franchise rather than just re-doing Castlevania with a new continuity.

Kevin: LOOOOOVE YA!!!!
We need more of him, keep that summon spell active!!! :D

Um, what are you talking about, Lisa? Isn't this Top 5 with Kevin Kitty? Coulda sworn it was.

Never played any of those games and I don't care about I, Frankenstein, but I freakin' grew up on Mel Brooks. Lisa, I think I'm in love with you.

I actually do want to see Kevin on the show more <3! So cute!
I really liked when he was in the plastic bin.

Hmm, I don't really remember that SOTN boss fight. Probably because the game is insanely broken and you can just skip 90% of the boss battles.

Wait wait wait, Alucard is Trevor Belmont? Are you kidding me with this?

Yeah, I know I should probably be commenting on the video, but...seriously, are you kidding me?

Wasn't there a Castlevania with Nazi's or something? I remember fighting a FrankenNazi back in the day on the original xbox.

Maybe Kevin wants to run his own top 5 list?

Holy crap, that intro was genius!

Top 5 with Kevin. I'd watch that.

All hail Kevin!

The Young Frankenstein cutaways were great. My favorite Castlevania Frankenstein's monster appearance is from the fourth game. I remember him being one of the easier boss battles, but not this easy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bE_9gYB3Va8

Can't go wrong with a little Gene Wilder in your intro. Yay movie references!

JimB:

Yeah, I know I should probably be commenting on the video, but...seriously, are you kidding me?

In Lords of Shadow alternate universe he is.

OT: I demand a Kevin Top 5 Lisa.

one thing bugged the hell out of me for this. Dawn of Sorrow was on the DS, and Aria of Sorrow was on GBA (much better game). Other than that, good list.

Kevin is taking over the show it seems...

we want kevin. we want kevin.

maybe you should try a god for a change ;)

It's amazing the coincidences we stumble upon- I was born in the same month when Super Mario Bros. was released in America, beginning the great resurgence.

I, too, feel the Portrait of Ruin version of the Creature should've made it in. He's finally back to his full boss status (after being forced to spend several games as a 'NORMAL-ASS ENEMY!'), and unlike some prior incarnations in Super Castlevania 4 and Dracula X he's actually difficult this time, probably the only boss to benefit from the time period setting- machine guns FTW.

Jacco:
Wasn't there a Castlevania with Nazi's or something? I remember fighting a FrankenNazi back in the day on the original xbox.

Umm, there was no Castlevania on the first XBox, maybe you're thinking of Castlevania Bloodlines on XBLA, originally on the Genesis, which had some skeletons wearing Kaiser helmets in a German munitions factory level? Missed opportunity for Portrait of Ruin really, being one of the only ones set after WWII.

RandV80:
Maybe Kevin wants to run his own top 5 list?

canadamus_prime:
Top 5 with Kevin. I'd watch that.

leviadragon99:
Kevin is taking over the show it seems...

Metalrocks:
we want kevin. we want kevin.

maybe you should try a god for a change ;)

Top 5 with Kevin... guest starring Lisa Foiles. I could deal with that.

Man, Kevin's a loose cannon! Nothing can stop his flippant, devil may care attitude!

I actually haven't played that many Castlevania games, so I can't comment on the list that much.
I do like that one death animation a lot though.

Lisa Foiles:
Top 5 Castlevania Frankensteins

IT'S ALIVE!

Watch Video

Er...is your cat really as big as he looks? Or is it just the angle or whatever? :s

JimB:

Like someone else pointed out, yeah. Alternate universe (the technical 'reboot' of the franchise done by a completely different studio) has your main character becoming a vampire, while completely leaving out that bit of story for a piece of DLC and a little stint of post-credit scenes. He is Dracula because reasons, so obviously if he has kids then they must be Alucard and company.

Now imagine if you come back next week and you see an episode of Top 5 with Kevin.

Come on, Lisa. "I said 'that', not 'cat'!"? a bit of a stretch....

You flame-haired prevaricatrix! Simon's quest was a good game. But you needed the nintendo power article on it to get anywhere, cause the NPCs in game lie to you. You have to crouch at that one cliff holding the crystal, incidentally.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here