Gun Nutella

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Gun Nutella

There's a clear difference between the two.

Read Full Article

I thought the look of the previous pannels were just experiments, but i can see now that it's here to stay.
I absolutely approve of the new art! It feels like the characters have grown durring the time with the comic.
It made me remember L4D's AMMO HERE! ...but i don't know what game this is about :(

Gun enthusiasts?

What the hell is a gun?

Those things look like rooty tooty point and shooties.

As a gun enthusiast, this made me laugh.

..The joke is that a "assault gun" doesn't exist and a shotgun fires shells, not bullets, right?
It might seem obvious to some of you, but I know little about guns, and thus I am unsure if I got the joke or not.

I do this to my gun enthusiast friend too sometimes. It's always hilarious when he falls for it because I've done it so many times and he still can't stop himself from correcting me.

Daystar Clarion:
Gun enthusiasts?

What the hell is a gun?

Those things look like rooty tooty point and shooties.

Quite right, old chap. If I knew you I'd buy you a chocolate globbernaught from the shop.

Realitycrash:
..The joke is that a "assault gun" doesn't exist and a shotgun fires shells, not bullets, right?
It might seem obvious to some of you, but I know little about guns, and thus I am unsure if I got the joke or not.

It's like calling Link 'Zelda', or referring to a PS4 as 'a Nintendo'.

All I know is that bullet-things go inside then come out very fast. D:

reverse_rpm:
I thought the look of the previous pannels were just experiments, but i can see now that it's here to stay.
I absolutely approve of the new art! It feels like the characters have grown durring the time with the comic.

It's very weird, because the description says "Follow Grey and Cory on Twitter", but the last few comics have been drawn by Rachel Baggs. I don't know if this is permanent or if Cory accidentally himself for a bit.

I'm a language enthusiast. I don't have to be a gun enthusiast to be pissed off at "shotgun bullets".

Being a firearm enthusiast myself, I've got some friends that do this sometimes and it's funny because I know they're just screwing with me. People that are legitimately ignorant who get corrected and informed and then continue to do it annoy me though.

Realitycrash:

Also it is Magazines not clip.

SirBryghtside:
My guess is that Rust tore their friendship apart somehow, and now Grey's outsourcing out of spite :P

This is fully possible and probable. D:

Realitycrash:

The jokes are that she called a magazine a clip, an assault rifle an "assault gun", and shells bullets. But you don't even have to be a gun enthusiast to know the differences.
--

Concerning magazines and clips, this is a subject that I too am touchy on because the distinction is plain and easy. You don't call trucks cars, and you don't call fedoras ballcaps. At this point any media that should know the difference but fails to correctly specify that difference (such as combat games or shows revolving around the use of weapons) automatically loses points with me.

Brandon Webb said it best: "It's common for people to get the two mixed up... If you hear someone talking about clips, you know they don't know the difference. No one uses clips anymore."

Johnny Novgorod:
I'm a language enthusiast. I don't have to be a gun enthusiast to be pissed off at "shotgun bullets".

Things worse than a shotgun bullet:

Shotgun Bidet
Shotgun Bullet Bill
Shotgunned Bambi
Critical Miss comics about Evangelion
Shot Put Bullet
Shock Gun Pulley
Chopped Gun Brle

Dead Raen:

Realitycrash:

The jokes are that she called a magazine a clip, an assault rifle an "assault gun", and shells bullets. But you don't even have to be a gun enthusiast to know the differences.
--

Concerning magazines and clips, this is a subject that I too am touchy on because the distinction is plain and easy. You don't call trucks cars, and you don't call fedoras ballcaps. At this point any media that should know the difference but fails to correctly specify that difference (such as combat games or shows revolving around the use of weapons) automatically loses points with me.

Brandon Webb said it best: "It's common for people to get the two mixed up... If you hear someone talking about clips, you know they don't know the difference. No one uses clips anymore."

That quote is basically true but I still use clips for a few things. Some bolt actions can be fed from a clip (Mauser and Mosin actions come to mind) and the surplus ammo that I use for my AR-15 comes on a 10-round stripper clip and the M1 Garand that I will buy some day feeds from a clip. But the principle still applies.

Edit: Fapmaster's images are basically the end of the thread right there. No more explanation required.

Realitycrash:

In the first picture, she refers to a magazine as a clip and calls an assault rifle an assault gun. You are right about the shotgun one. As expected, gun enthusiasts really get caught up on these, especially when politicians trying to increase gun control mess up the terminology.

Edit: Sorry. I didn't intend to answer an already answered question, but someone else posted the answer while I was busy finding examples.

Realitycrash:

To explain:

Shotguns usually fire "shells" (or "slugs"), not "bullets". A "clip" is a device used to hold ammunition together to aid in feeding the weapon. A "magazine" is similar, but contains a feeding mechanism (such as a spring-loaded follower) to feed the weapon.

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

More amusing is the "assault gun" joke, since an "Assault Rifle" would mean something like this:

Whereas, an "Assault Gun" looks more like this:

Hope that helps the non-gun people here.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Mystic. *Shakes fist*

The fact someone had to explain the joke makes me weep for this site...

You guys.

You use to be cool.

T^T

I'm really liking the new art style.

Fapmaster5000:

Realitycrash:

To explain:

Shotguns usually fire "shells" (or "slugs"), not "bullets". A "clip" is a device used to hold ammunition together to aid in feeding the weapon. A "magazine" is similar, but contains a feeding mechanism (such as a spring-loaded follower) to feed the weapon.

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

More amusing is the "assault gun" joke, since an "Assault Rifle" would mean something like this:

Whereas, an "Assault Gun" looks more like this:

Hope that helps the non-gun people here.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch by Mystic. *Shakes fist*

Good luck trying to hide a tank when attempting a murder. :P

Dead Raen:
No one uses clips anymore.

While mostly correct, that's not entirely true. Revolvers that fire semi-auto rounds use clips. Moon clips, I believe. I almost bought one as I didn't want to keep up with two different types of ammo but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the hassle as getting replacement moon clips at the time seemed to be a pain.

Proper nomenclature is a helluva drug...

Oh man this annoys the hell out of me - I've interrupted desperate struggles for survival in online co-op to correct my friend on weapon types and names.

DayZ posted something on facebook about the new gun that they have with a stripper clip and said that it was the only time that it was appropriate to use the term "clip"

Except when talking about the issues their zombies have with walls!

HA!

Fun comic though.

To be fair, all guns are shotguns in the sense that they all shoot.

P.S. Thanks

Fapmaster5000:
As a gun enthusiast, this made me laugh.

Can you show me how to use the laser thingy on my submachine doodad?

Kennetic:
That quote is basically true but I still use clips for a few things. Some bolt actions can be fed from a clip (Mauser and Mosin actions come to mind) and the surplus ammo that I use for my AR-15 comes on a 10-round stripper clip and the M1 Garand that I will buy some day feeds from a clip. But the principle still applies.

Let me correct him: "No one uses clips anymore, unless they're using guns from an older generation." As for your surplus ammo, does it feed into the AR-15 directly, or does the ammo come clipped so it can be stripped into a magazine?

antidonkey:
While mostly correct, that's not entirely true. Revolvers that fire semi-auto rounds use clips. Moon clips, I believe. I almost bought one as I didn't want to keep up with two different types of ammo but ultimately decided it wasn't worth the hassle as getting replacement moon clips at the time seemed to be a pain.

I hadn't known about this previously. I think what he says still stands, however, because very few people are going to be using revolvers. As a former NAVY SEAL, I think he was referring more to their military presence and less so for collectors and recreational use. Like the M1 Garand, these clip-based weapons are certainly in circulation and are used and fired regularly - but you won't be seeing these weapons on the front lines.

Dead Raen:

Kennetic:

Let me correct him: "No one uses clips anymore, unless they're using guns from an older generation." As for your surplus ammo, does it feed into the AR-15 directly, or does the ammo come clipped so it can be stripped into a magazine?

The ammo just comes out of the box in 3 clips of 10. I feed the clips into the mags. I have a speed loader too but I only use Pmags and I'm not scratching up my purty plastic lol. I was only quoting to point out that clips can come up in conversation quite a bit.

Daystar Clarion:
The fact someone had to explain the joke makes me weep for this site...

You guys.

You use to be cool.

T^T

I was sure that it was this site that was constantly waving it's gun nut, hoo ahh banner with pride on an almost daily basis...

I am also surprised!

Maybe it is also a factor that people are less embarrassed by asking before googling/researching nowadays too?

http://xkcd.com/1322/
Did ya guys draw some inspiration?

Dead Raen:

I once called a friend's pickup truck a car and he gave me grief about it. I found it a bit silly since he only used the truck for personal driving so for practical purposes it was not different than my compact car. Plus I am not a native English speaker and in my native language the equivalent word for 'truck' is only used for commercial vehicles.

Kennetic:
I was only quoting to point out that clips can come up in conversation quite a bit.

Ohok. I believe he was only referring to people using "clips" in the sense of loading weapons, not as their use to hold boxed ammunition.

Nielas:
I once called a friend's pickup truck a car and he gave me grief about it. I found it a bit silly since he only used the truck for personal driving so for practical purposes it was not different than my compact car. Plus I am not a native English speaker and in my native language the equivalent word for 'truck' is only used for commercial vehicles.

Non-native speakers are exempt from criticism. Don't worry, I still love you. <3

So it would be like telling a zombie enthusiast that there are 'man eaters' outside rather then calling them by the appropriate name.
I actually liked this comic, made me think about my choice of words more carefully lol.

I admit though, i'm not the best in english despite being born in the USA, but I try my best to use proper grammar and what not.

Wow, that actually took several reads to get...

Fapmaster5000:

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

... Well, I learned something new. I called any set of bullets going into a pistol a clip...

What are the long strips of bullets called? Are they a different category?

-Dragmire-:
Wow, that actually took several reads to get...

Fapmaster5000:

Clip means this:

Magazine means this:

... Well, I learned something new. I called any set of bullets going into a pistol a clip...

What are the long strips of bullets called? Are they a different category?

That's called a belt. That's what machineguns use. The gun will manipulate the links while slamming the round into the chamber then eject the links separately from the spent casings.

Pages 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here