Zero Punctuation: Broken Age

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

I'm also getting a regular ad, then an escapist ad, then another regular ad... ad infinitum.

I am watching adverts telling me to watch videos on the site that are stopping me watching videos on there site.I think my brain just exploded with this state of events.

The ads are playing instead of any video on the site right now. What's up Escapist???

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume that what you see in the video(s) he uploaded is supposed to be a metaphor for what the games feels like.
Some kind of monstrosity that was pieced together from all their other games that somehow seems more like an advertisement for said games rather than being it's own game, while surprisingly enough ending up being rather entertaining anyway...

...or maybe I'm just being pretentious... *shrug*

Good, you appear to have broken the site completely.
Just ad after ad after ad after ad from the video-player with no way to get to the content I'm here to try and watch.
No ad-block on any of the 3 different browsers I tried it with (Firefox, Chrome and even IE), and nothing, just constant escapist ads on repeat. Please fix this mess as soon as possible.
I'd like to actually watch some of your stuff, not just ads for your bloody stuff.

Guess Escapist Illuminati really felt the pressure to make us visit their site when we are on their site. Their logic is impeccable. It can't be broken more then it is at this time!

I'm just glad I'm not the only one only seeing ads and no review. Though I really want to know what is going on?

Not only can I not watch this ZP and get endless ads, that's the case for EVERY ZP (and I'd imagine all the other content on the site).

What is going on Escapist?

Am I the only one getting an endlessly looping escapist promo, rather than the review?

Did nobody notice that before what you see now, there was actually a 4:40min video that started with the ZP-logo but no intro and which was pieced together from clips from some ZP-episodes and most other shows, just telling you that you could watch them on the escapist right at the end?

Then the site went down for 30sec and now we get that 15sec ad...
My guess is, someone's screwing with "us".

Publisher's club member... Why am I seeing ads?

I'm about ready to cancel my pub club membership if this keeps happening.

I believe that was their adblock protection measure, but it seems to be hitting everyone

So can the Escapist stop jerking off long enough for me to watch the videos I came here to watch? Just asking because this isn't even like an Ad, it just shows me this commercial of the site I'm already visiting and then that's it. No Zero Punctuation. I get it, I'll watch the website I've been faithfully watching for almost four years now. Now lemme hear what's pissing off Yahtzee this week.

To be fair, ALL videos on The Escapist have been replaced with that ad!

Did someone fool them into thinking it was April 1st already?

The Escapist:
Hey, companies! Do YOU have a crappy Warcraft card game spinoff that nobody really wants to play? Then come to The Escapist! We might not be able to deliver the content that the people that populate our site actually come for, but our ad players are doing 100%, A-Ok! They'll never crash!

Hey all, we are looking into this issue with our video player right now. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Well i was gonna ask if anyone else had a borked video player. Seems kind of a redundant question now.

Pub Club members: change to HTML5 for the actual video, not the ad.

So it's not just me having a problem with the video? That's good, I guess? Unless this is some witty joke, in which case I can't say I'm finding it very amusing.

Just sayan, I'm getting the same issue. Every video I try to play on the Escapist is an infinite ad loop. No ad blocker, tried Firefox and Chrome. BTW, that banner ad for ESO HAS to go. The video reloads on every click of my scroll wheel, making the site impossible to navigate.

Lets blame Hackers and cause some Hysteriaaaaaaaaa!!!

The video played for me...

"Donkey Island and Day Of The Testicle"

And the Youtube page is always a week behind to drive traffic here... That's a lovely turn of events.

KefkaCultist:

Adeptus Aspartem:
Seems a common problem them. 'cause i got the 8:10min long video with snippets from all the show on a infinite loop.

>:( No ZP for me today then.

I also got that, but I watched it thinking Yahtzee was doing some elaborate joke about the game with the snippets of Escapist shows. XD

I don't think so, because the same thing happened on Jim and Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular. must now test to see if this is also happening on non-Yahtzee videos.

Ad-loop... No new ZP.... Badges are gone... The end is nigh! Repent! Repent!

Well nothing to do until someone fixes the problem.

So...how bout them Seahawks?

AND IN THE SECOND DAY GOD SAID: "LET THE LOOPED ADS EXIST TO POISON THIS HIPSTER SITE" AND GOD SAW THE ADS WERE NOT GOOD, BUT HE KEPT THEM ANYWAY BECAUSE HE DOESNT EXIST...
Seriously, this is obviously a mistake, one that i expect to be fixed quite soon, no need to get mad yet :)

FFP2:
The video played for me...

"Donkey Island and Day Of The Testicle"

Oh hi, you must be the other person using the HTML5 version of videos here. I thought I was alone :D

erbkaiser:
Pub Club members: change to HTML5 for the actual video, not the ad.

Among all the fucking Hearthstone ads I've come across today, this is the worst, most shameless advertisement I've seen today.

Impressive work, erbkaiser.

Captcha: NO HASSLES (capital one ad) And the irony keeps on layering.

keitarobg:
that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide that looks like it would make such a sweet water slide

You win the Grenge di Origin's Post of the Day Award.

Working perfectly for me(current Firefox and Flash version), no ads to speak of. Browser IS set to force HTML5 though...

erbkaiser:

Oh hi, you must be the other person using the HTML5 version of videos here. I thought I was alone :D

Nope. Normal video player.

Same here only shows a 45 sec ad for all the videos on this site, some people seem to have seen it so maybe its a regional thing?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here