de-rez: Piracy

Pages PREV 1 2

I love lemonade

AWESOME EPISODE

nano123456789:

Nimbus:
Ok, this is a question that has really been bugging me: Where are those guys from? The accent sounds so familiar but I just can't place it.

Also, why are you still doing De-Rez? You could so be a rap star!

We're from N-Ireland

*Facepalm*

Bah, I should have gotten that! I'm half Northern-Irish myself!

*Hangs head in shame*

At least I know why it sounded so familiar.

Oh man... the Clarice bit and as everyone else said, the EA bit was awesome.

Oh! He has my keyboard... Anyway, I liked it.

Dechef:
That Pirate dance is fucking awesome.

I second that motion :P

Man... I can't tell who exactly they're trying to cause laughs at.

It was great to see Chris back here, but I didn't like this particular video itself.

Of course you dont do De-rez for the money; you do it to keep all us snotty internet plebs quiet, dont you? ;)

That was really good, one of the most enjoyable De-rez

Yey It's back thank the Lord! Praise Jesus!

Very cool - nice work.

You know I've learnt a lot from this one video. Gone are my days of drunken pirate busking. I will be a respectable pirate from now on.

Street entertainers can make like, 25k a year. I'd definitely throw some coins into your hat if I saw you guys doing that.

"Those guys aren't bad either".

Haha. I liked it.

Is it just me, or has De-Rez gotten kinda lazy lately? It still had great moments, but nothing up to the usual quality., but it didn't have as mu

Indigo_Dingo:
Is it just me, or has De-Rez gotten kinda lazy lately? It still had great moments, but nothing up to the usual quality., but it didn't have as mu

I agree with this. Some good bits, but the rest just seemed quite strained and an attempt to pad things out for time.

That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd, a British sitcom... And they did it better too... Check it out!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d82Lq2rVB_4

I am very disappointed that you would stoop so low De-Rez

Chris obviously needed some extra cash so he thought he'd make some more de-rez after all this time.

k_rafftry:
That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd, a British sitcom... And they did it better too... Check it out!!!

Why does everyone keep saying it's a copy from the IT crowd? The two piracy adverts have almost nothing in common! It's not like any one else has ever made fun of piracy adverts before either.

k_rafftry:

Although i have watched my fair share of IT crowd episodes i havent seen the episode containing this skit, i dont steal jokes.
Anyway this skit bares no resemblance to the one i made in this episode just because they are both about the same subject matter dosent make them the same sketch.

k_rafftry:
That entire piracy ad thing is a blatant rip from the IT crowd ...

Loved the 'rap song' (none IT Crowd), loved the 'men/girls joke' (none IT Crowd), loved the 'Fuck EA joke' (none IT Crowd), loved the pirate dance (none IT Crowd), etc - in fact IMO they have NO content/joke resemblence what so ever!! I can understand why Derez would be angry at such a suggestion !!

Slackety Slack Slack Slack is Backity Back Back Back.

Or something like that.

Meh, average at best. Also a rip from The IT Crowd.

4:34 "We're shutting you down" says Net Ninja
of course they can't hear it because they're DEAD!
jk lol, it was awesome

quite simple, but well done.
I enjoyed the binge drinking ad.

About time too, I was really jonesing for a fix! :)

That oh-so-special Pirate Dance has are so many moves in so many combinations, it looks like a toughie to learn. Any chance of a dance chart for it?

This was brilliant absolutely f'in brilliant you guys are so f'ing funny. Possibly the best one yet. You made me laugh so hard i had a coughing fit.

(Please get a BBC contract). (Honestly they'll put anything on BBC3).

Also, regarding IT crowd rip. Who cares? Plus anyone outside the UK/RI won't get the reference.

Ed_Winchester:

k_rafftry:

Although i have watched my fair share of IT crowd episodes i havent seen the episode containing this skit, i dont steal jokes.
Anyway this skit bares no resemblance to the one i made in this episode just because they are both about the same subject matter dosent make them the same sketch.

I didn't mean to offend, perhaps I was a bit happy go lucky there. I apologise for jumping to conclusions, and you should check out that episode on 4oD, it's called Moss and the German. Sorry again!

"But that's why you do De-Rez!"

Nice breakage of the fourth wall,buckos! It's nice to have you back, although this entry isn't as funny as some of your previous work. Still, keep it up! SOme of the jokes worked well, especially the anti-piracy ads. Keep it up!

I want my 5 minutes 3 seconds back!

-Orgasmatron-:
LOL awesome, gotta love De-Rez.

Now then, the rest of Daniel's story?

seconded. 16 of Jan seems sooooooo long ago.

"money? who cares about money, this is brilliant!"

lol XD awesome! havn't watched much de-rez but im enjoying it alot so far. The world of warcraft one was great aswell!

Woo! Who's the cute guy with long hair lying on the floor?

I lol'd hard at "There's hot girls on the back, & the guys aren't bad either," & the pirate dancing.

Hahahahahaha, that was good.

The pirate theme at 1:08 is super catchy.

Only thing I'd suggest is - Isn't most rap guilty of piracy in a way already? Amount of daft lawsuits of 'you took 2 seconds of my number 37 'hit' from 1983 and used it in your rap single, you owe me a million bucks!' does my head in.

Of course, there's a difference between samples and just talking over someone else's record.

Then of course, there's actual rap about piracy, and this guy deserves so much more credit than he's getting...

On top of that he's a gamer too...

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or