Trailers: The Elder Scrolls Online - "The Arrival" Cinematic Trailer

Did you enjoy the video? (I did ;) ) Would you like to do combat like it was shown in there? Yes?

Then do NOT under any circumstance buy this game. The game is nothing like what has been shown in the trailer. The combat is slow, unresponsive and clunky. You should only take a look at this game if you like to read books.....ingame.....

So, when running a marketing campaign, I don't know about you but I would want to show off all the races. We have established the breton, high elf (who looks like a freaking blood elf from WoW), and nord heros. They are badass. This was established in the first video released.

How about, instead of again showing us these three characters being badass, which has already been established, we set up a set of three different heroes, again, one from each alliance, doing cool stuff.

Also this is more personal sod elves being always the most badass and saving the day.

I was excited for this game. It has been quite a while since I've played an MMO, and this game looks like it's actually going to address a lot of my complaints with it.

But today they opened preorders for it. And the game is going to cost sixty fucking dollars. Plus a $15 a month subscription. What the actual fuck.

I am not going to spend that kind of money on a game. I have much better things to spend my money on, especially because I was only ever intending to play for a month or two at a time anyway.

Oh well, at least I'm not in the UK. You guys are getting an even more massively overpriced game.

From everything I have seen, I really don't understand the subscription method for the game, for if I want to play a game like this I will just install one of the Bethesda games I already own and not have to pay $15/month.

If it didn't say The Elder Scrolls on it, I could not have told that it was an Elder Scrolls game. It looks so fucking bland and run-of-the-mill it hurts. They stuck to the Holy Trinity of Warrior-Rogue-Mage, all of which were represented by generic barbarian lookin' man-dude (obviously a Nord, since he he looks like a viking), uninspired rogue man-dude (a Breton, I think. He's certainly not a Redguard! I didn't know Bretons were typically good at stealthy things. Shows how much I know) and token elven mage bewbs (who I guess is a High Elf because magic? Huh, she looks a little more wood elf than normal). What's worse is that they didn't show any of the other races at all. I don't think I saw a single orc, redguard, dark elf or khajiit. If there were wood elves, I certainly couldn't tell considering they look the EXACT SAME AS HIGH ELVES, which is odd considering High Elves have yellow eyes and skin and the tallest of the ten races, while Wood Elves have eyes that are completely brown with tanned skin and are the shortest race. I saw ONE argonian in the background and in shadow who got offed within 5 seconds. Fantastic.

It felt very Rifty to me.

Big invasion thing from a tear in the sky with invading monsters? Rift.

I'm still hoping to get into the Beta because I will never get this game and I will never get a way to play it for free otherwise. If I got in I would Test the game however.

I really hope that this game is not going to kill the studio.

Uri:
I really hope that this game is not going to kill the studio.

I think Zenimax can afford to have a game fail.

I'm not sure if it will though, at least initially. It's got a big franchise behind it and it's on console as well as PC. However, the last huge MMO with a great franchise (SWTOR) kind of bombed after a decent launch.

As for the trailer itself, interesting, but still says absolutely nothing about the game that the previous one didn't. Other than the presence of Rifts and huge ugly monsters and guys wearing armour a bit like the Lich King.

Yes, okay, nice CG. The Old Republic had nice CG trailers as well. This doesn't make me hot or cold. As far as I know I'd still have to pay a hefty subsciption fee for multiplayer Skyrim. Unless I get more information that's a big no.

FriesWithThat:
If it didn't say The Elder Scrolls on it, I could not have told that it was an Elder Scrolls game.

Exactly how I felt.

This seems like a really boring trailer. Necromancers are common place in all of Tamriel. I liked the first trailer as it was three different groups vying for power. But now the daedra are involved, which throws all the rules out the window. They really should have waited until the end game to start throwing in the Daedra so people would have something to look forward to.

So... evil enemies badass portal of basassitude... can be taken down by an elf using a magic whip to take out one chain? just the single chain? thats... pretty terrible

Aside from that major gripe it was a pretty trailer for sure but every game can have a pretty trailer, all I saw was generic fantasy context-less battle thing, hasn't sold me on the game or convinced me this is an elder scrolls game, want to save yourself some money and sell me a game, show me in game stuff

epic trailer... wonder what the game will be like though.

nodlimax:
Did you enjoy the video? (I did ;) ) Would you like to do combat like it was shown in there? Yes?

Then do NOT under any circumstance buy this game. The game is nothing like what has been shown in the trailer. The combat is slow, unresponsive and clunky. You should only take a look at this game if you like to read books.....ingame.....

The video was well animated and well modelled (i.e. a work well done by the art department), but overall I did not find it overly enjoyable. I would also not want to do combat like it was shown in there in a video game because it looks like it would lack the kind of depth and challenge that I suspect that I would like.
I am getting an artificial feel overall, as if the enemies are just mooks which pose no threat and that they have no purpose other than making the heroes look cool. And the heroes themselves seem visually interesting but without personality (of course this might be a good thing if you think of them as empty vessels for players to occupy). Their styles are almost so alien that they clash, like watching ninja fight pirates or samurai fighting knights.

FriesWithThat:
...they didn't show any of the other races at all.

Some are shown but very briefly. Maybe 2 seconds. When the ground starts shaking before the anchor appears, if you pause the video as it shows all the warriors I managed to make out a Bosmer, a Khajiit, a couple Argonians, a Dunmer, and (if his weapon's shape is any indication) an Orsimer. The "Orsimer's" weapon looks like an Orcish longsword from Skyrim. And the only reason I suspect there's a Bosmer is because he has pointy ears and is significantly shorter than the Dunmer. There's no mistaking the Dunmer for his grey skin and red eyes. And I'm referring to them as "he" because they aren't dressed like whores. It also seems they favor the Nords as he is the only one that doesn't get completely wrecked in the fight. The Altmer is almost dead and the Breton is Undead.

Also, Bretons aren't a bad choice for melee fighters due to their innate resistance to hostile magic. In Skyrim, they're the only race that can attain 85% magic resistance without the aid of armor enchantments. On higher difficulties you will need to rely on illusion magic to bolster your stealth until your own skills develop.

Cinematic, therefore completely pointless. Meh.

And yet the game will not look a damn thing like this in either scope or appearance

But this is still a beautiful trailer // I would watch a whole movie of this

-M

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or