No Right Answer: Worst Social Network Ever

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Worst Social Network Ever

Get ready to tweetbook your facetweets, because we're turning irony up to 11! Which social network makes you want to wrap your head in tin foil?

Watch Video

I'm going to go with Twitter on this one. Seriously, nothing has brought more mindless drivel to society than that cesspool. The fact that main stream media suddenly jumped on the bandwagon means that it gets shoved in my face all the freaking time. I'm not a Tweeter (or whatever the fuck they're called) and I'm proud.

I think as of today, Facebook is way worse than Twitter, because Facebook has wayyyy more crap just all of the place. Whereas Twitter is just kinda dumb in concept (which hasn't stopped me from using it or anything)

[double post or something]

Both are a bane on society, I can't pick up a packet of crisps these days without the facebook and twitter logos on the back.

Glad I use neither.

great debate! now how do i add this to my pintrest

Facebook is Best Book!

Seriously, I am the bane of social networking. I pointedly ignore pokes, most friend requests(and never explain why I won't friend you), and even messages. Facebook is a thing I have because sometimes people post photos onto it, and sometimes I care enough to take a look at them. I also don't text message people or call people unless there is specific information that needs to be relayed. I talk to people. In person.

This of course means I don't speak much to my family on the other side of the planet...

I'm on Twitter and refuse to Facebook... so that's my vote sorted out.

I have to say, they missed the most horrendous social media network, and with that I mean the Escapist comments. I mean they just bombard you with badges. "Here is a new one" and "hey why not do this for more badges". I'm so sick of it. How anyone can stand this is beyond me. ;p

I like Twitter more because I actually get to see posts by people I actually like rather than people I know in real life who don't seem to have anything interesting to say. So...that's pretty much why I don't follow a lot of people(maybe 5 people at most) that I know in real life on Twitter. And the people I like to follow on Twitter(Mostly Internet Celebrities) are people who seem to like to update often and to actually say something interesting every once in a while.

So, there ya go!

I'm not registered with either network, so i guess i.... win?

Did you guys forget how Myspace used to crash your browser because someone put way too many things on it. Oh and while it was frozen and refusing to close a shitty song will still be playing. Facebook and Twitter have nothing on this.

Facebook is better in my opinion because it's a culmination of everything while all these new social networks seem like they took one feature from facebook and made a whole social network from that one feature.

Twitter=facebook status updates
flikr= fb sharing photos feature

Rocketeer was perfect.

wait, I have to use facebook to vote for it as worst? but I don't have facebook. that's how much I disslike it! shouldn't that count for something?

So meta. retweeted.

Greg

Twitter is good. Facebook is a waste of space.

Greg Tito:
So meta. retweeted.

Greg

Is there no end to the reasons you earn hugs?

No offense, but you are obviously wrong, you forgot about google+. definitely the worst social network ever.

I vote for Reddit.

Facebook is definitely the worst, because at least Twitter doesn't punish you for not being a member. Every single website wants you to sign in on Facebook, or like them on Facebook to be able to do anything. Twitter is stupid, but it isn't quite as much of a rampant tumor as Facebook.

IMHO, Facebook is the absolute worst, I only have people I do know, but they're the worst offenders, because they post and upload shit I don't give a crap about!, if someone says "hi", EVERYONE has to reply back and my inbox just explodes with 50 fucking replies saying "hi".

And the worst thing is that everybody has pretty much replaced Messenger / Skype with Facebook (good riddance) and besides Steam, it's the only IM I use to keep in touch with my friends!.

Just... freaking annoying! >.<'

Where did that rainbow-vomiting gnome come from?
Anyway, I prefer Facebook over twitter, because I control who I connect with, like the people I like from high school and my friends from college. Twitter, with only 140 characters to work with, makes most users who aren't professional writers sound like idiots. It's worse when they use it as their soapbox to scream something political.
Oh hell, all social networks are bad when it comes to politics.

Logan Hartke:
Rocketeer was perfect.

Agreed!

Rebles:
I have to say, they missed the most horrendous social media network, and with that I mean the Escapist comments. I mean they just bombard you with badges. "Here is a new one" and "hey why not do this for more badges". I'm so sick of it. How anyone can stand this is beyond me. ;p

Looks like we won't see much of you around here.

facebook is more toxic. twitter is more pointless. neutral is greater than negative. i'd say facebook is worse for this reason.

Martin Drkos:
I vote for Reddit.

Seconded. For the same reason I hate Facebook:

"Do you want this cake? Like us on Facebook and you too can have some cake!" For instance, I've been following Wildstar like crazy because it seems like a fantastic game. But I miss half their announcements because they prefer to make announcements on Reddit instead of their official website.

To me, Facebook is more of a messenger for me and my friends. That's about it. I use twitter a lot more, mainly because it's easier to follow people with similar interests, or just people in general who I like to listen to, without getting bombarded (too much) with unecessary crap.

Is there such thing as a good social network? ...that's a rhetorical question, I don't actually want an answer.

they are both terrible and should be purged from the internet with the prejudiced of a Grey Knight slaughtering Deamons in 40K

Twitter is clearly better because it has a sense of anarchy to it. Case in point, on the same day that British Gas raised their prices, they decided to do some social media advertising with the hastag #AskBG. This went as well as you could imagine http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/17/british-gas-twitter-qa-backfires-on-day-of-huge-price-increases-4150204/ (For a less British localised story, there's also a Mcdonalds story http://gizmodo.com/5878938/mcdonalds-twitter-marketing-turns-into-disgusting-customer-revolt )

Facebook is just baby pictures. FUCKING BABY PICTURES. Look at my fucking baby I HAVE 200 PICTURES I TOOK TODAY.

Seriously? Why not just peg them both as banes to human decency, rationality, intelligence, and society as a whole and move on with our days?

Seems like a good idea to me.

You forgot 4Square.

I used to think that Twitter was stupid but then I started using it and then Kim Dotcom followed me so I was happy.

Vigormortis:

Seriously? Why not just beg them both as banes to human decency, rationality, intelligence, and society as a whole and move on with our days?

Seems like a good idea to me.

Yep.

Fucking social networks. How people can get so caught up in SO useless information I will never know. I vote both.

Rebles:

I agree, escapist comments are pretty bad, there's no way to easily check if someone has respond to your comments or comments that other people find interesting which just generally discourage anyone that wants a good discussion pertain to that article to post at all.

Suggestion: check disqus and see how they did it, or hell USE disqus!

In the battle of social networks, everyone loses. Always.

I don't care about any of these, but I gotta say Google+ cuz they keep trying to force it into people harder and harder every single time.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here