Help Choose the Contenders for March Mayhem 2014

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Help Choose the Contenders for March Mayhem 2014

350 px March Mayhem Poll Image

Let your voice be known in the inaugural poll to choose the competitors of March Mayhem 2014.

It's almost March, and you know what that means; March Mayhem is coming to The Escapist. This is the sixth year that we've brought you the premier developer showdown. Turbine won the whole thing in 2008 and 2009 quite handily. Valve crushed its opponents to win in 2010 and 2012. Mojang blocked everyone else out in 2011 to capture the top honors. This year you're going to add another developer to that illustrious list of winners.

As March Mayhem 2014 approaches, we're giving you the opportunity to choose which developers get into the show. Not only will you be deciding the outcome of March Mayhem but, for the first time, you will pick who gets to compete. We have two lists of developers - AAA and Independent - to vote on. We did this to make sure that we included a wider pool of developers in the brackets for March Mayhem. The list of AAA developers consists of some of the largest and most prolific development companies in the world. The Independents may not be as large or prolific, but they've changed the game in their own right. The stipulation to being included in this list is that they had to have released a game in 2013, which is why some developers have not been included. March Mayhem will have the top eight from each poll compete for the top honors. So hop into the polls now, because they are closing at midnight on February 10th.

Here we go again...

Is there anything substantially different about how its going to be run this time? Or should i just leave right now and come back in April?

GameFreak are an Indie developer? I thought they were fairly deep in to Nintendo territory considering they only make games for Nintendo.

So it has returned, has it? Batten down the hatches! Hide your kids! Hide your wife! SHIT IS ABOUT TO GET FUCKIN' UGLY! OLD STYLE!

Escapist staff, are you prepared for the apocalyptic shit-storm you are evoking? Are you prepared for the rivers to run red and for the servers to cry out in muted despair?

You are not prepared.

Will there be an avatar of shame for people who vote for options like 'EA Sports'?

So, it returns! We didn't have one last year, did we? I don't think we did. I don't remember.
To all the new forumies who haven't lived through one yet... brace yourself. Shit gets crazy around here.

Oh dear God... never did I think I'd be hearing those words again. Interesting times indeed. Heh, no mention of the missing 2013 contest either.

Ahhh! A brand new day on the Escapist.. I wonder what's new- *Sees the March Mayhem 2014's Contender Poll*

I literally didn't expect this, certainly do to the Escapist having a Christmas Mayhem already. Though, it probably didn't count as a mayhem and this is an official Mayhem since March is approaching. I'm totally okay with this happening by the way <3.

Hopefully, hopefully.... people will not be jabbing knives down each other's throats disrespectful towards other people for the choices they make. This move is actually quite brilliant because now that people can vote for whom to compete, people can't complain as much about who's, well... competing! Even the small dogs are able to be voted in so it's as fair as it gets in my opinion.

Now the only question is- when to start the March Mayhem Avatar Thread :p

It's happening again.
It happens every year.
It destroy's every year.
In the sea of ban hammers the posters lament, the forums will lock and the mods will cry tears of blood.
The only way to assure your life is to not fight but to not fight is to give up our life.
So hide the elderly, hide the children, war is upon us.
March Mayhem has once again come.

May the mods have mercy on your souls.

Hey guys, what a wonderful day, I hope the next few months (especially March) will be especially pleasant! Lets see here...

March Mayhem 2014

Ooh, never thought this was coming back, I thought they axed it for good after finally putting out the fires from 2012...a new day dawns...dawns in fire...

Oh well, lets hope people keep the arguing to a minimum *thinks back to the GotY 2013 event* Yeah, wishful thinking I know...

Caramel Frappe:

Huh? Is that when we put the MM logo on them?

TizzytheTormentor:

Caramel Frappe:

Huh? Is that when we put the MM logo on them?

Sure is. March Mayhem was the very reason why I became good at smithing Avatars. Usually, an official thread will be made where people can request their Avatars to be stamped with March Mayhem. Sometimes, just adding the logo and other times- making an entirely new Avatar and then stamping it with the M logo.

Now just have to wait and see if it gets approved. Last time, for Christmas Mayhem... we had a thread but it wasn't considered the official thread where all can see and request.

Is there going to be a running bet on how many people get banned this year? Because I remember how fighting to represent a developer sent everyone into mega-dickwad mode.

'Twas a scary time. I got out of it by just not saying anything, but I know it won't be the same for all.

I've never participated in March madness before. But I've heard stories, they say you can still hear the screams at night and that the blood still dampens the streets.

Anyhow, if I had to think of my favourite Developer then it would probably be Obsidian and they aren't on either list. So, yeah. Or is it just meant to be developers who released things in 2013? Anyway I'll just vote for my favourites out of the ones who are there.

Bolt the gates, reinforce the east firewall, place all moderators on highest alert, move all the old and young users to the central fortress, somebody fire up the anti troll golems and bring forth from the forbidden vault our mighty ban hammer.

It's coming

And for the rest of us, stock up on the popcorn and take off your serious hat and put on your rage proof underwear, March Mayhem's back and it'll be hilarious.

Knight Captain Kerr:
Anyhow, if I had to think of my favourite Developer then it would probably be Obsidian and they aren't on either list. So, yeah. Or is it just meant to be developers who released things in 2013?

Yeah, we restricted it to games released in 2013, cause it could get messy otherwise. Obsidian will definitely be on the list next year, if their kickstarted games come out this year.

Greg

The Mayhem is coming.

I was wondering when this would come back, I suppose I'll vote for the contenders. Let's hope the anger doesn't boil over badly.

People get ever so butt hurt at these things and I freaking love it. I was ever so disappointed that all the whining caused Ze Escapist to take their ball and go home last year and I am ever so happy that they have chosen to bring their ball back this year.

Let the hatred and anger FLOW through you...feeeel the POWER of the Daaaaark Siiiiiddddeeeeeee....

I don't know if my body is ready for this... Let's find out!

Hopefully, it'll be full of rainbows and unicorns instead of darkness and chupacabras

This is my first March Madness on the Escapist, so...

*pops some popcorn*

This should be good!

*puts on helmet and cocks shotgun*

Here we go again. Canceled last year, but back with a vengeance.

It's baaaaaaack!

Oh and the rivers of the Escapist shall run red with the blood of the fallen. The flames wars will burn; the banhammer shall fall mightily upon the souls of the impure. So go forth noble forum warrior, fight under the banner of the dev you hold dear. Swords shall clash, shields shall shatter, cannons shall thunder, but you can persevere to victory. For this is the internet and therefore everyone else is wrong, and you are righteous.

It hath begun.

Oh dear... The forums will run red with blood as the mods wield their banhammers left and right, protecting the innocent escapists from the furies of fanboy rage.

T'will be an interesting month...

Oh come on it won't be that bad guys! I look forward to seeing how scary this "boogie man" called March Mayhem can be.

BRING IT OOOONNNNN!

After the last couple I'm genuinely surprised to see the return.
Will be voting, but avoiding the forums like the plague for the duration.

Whelp... I'll see you all in April. Have fun with all the gore pic bombing, ban waves and developers and publishers setting their fanboys loose on the forums in order to skew the voting.

Can you Please, please, PLEASE limit voting to those already with accounts before the 1st of March?

It would stop at least some of the flamewars and calls of vote brigading.

Tripwire Interactive released Rising Storm this year, and I think they're a good developer overall (Red Orchestra, Killing Floor) -- but I genuinely don't think they qualify as either AAA or Indie. I'm sure there are a couple other devs in this mid-budget area as well. Where would they be put?

It sounds like this event will be barrels o' fun for everyone(!)

Greg Tito:

Knight Captain Kerr:
Anyhow, if I had to think of my favourite Developer then it would probably be Obsidian and they aren't on either list. So, yeah. Or is it just meant to be developers who released things in 2013?

Yeah, we restricted it to games released in 2013, cause it could get messy otherwise. Obsidian will definitely be on the list next year, if their kickstarted games come out this year.

Greg

I'm a bit confused as to what differentiates this from the "Readers Choice Awards". If you limit developers to what they did in the past year and they have to have put out a game. What else are you supposed to judge them on but how good the game they put out was?

Ho, dang. March Mayhem is actually back. I only played a handful of the games that came out last year* but still, it's party time.

*-(and only one of those games was one people cared about [The Stanley Parable])

It returns...

Well, time to do what I did last time it came round. Avoid the forums like a rash, not even lurk much, and just vote to win, rather than vote on who I want to win. Maybe I can come top 10 this year as well.

Ah, good old March Mayhem. Where the forums are at war, the threads are battles, swords are made of words, your only shield is a mod, and the BanHammer swings wildly.

Feels like home.

Ugh, its this again? This happens to be the most ridiculous thing for people to go ape-shit all over.

Voting with the power of two hands and random clicking

Greg Tito:

Knight Captain Kerr:

Greg

Wouldn't Obsidian be on the list for next year anyway because of Stick of Truth?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here