Octodad: Dadliest Catch Review - Splash The Patriarchy

Octodad: Dadliest Catch Review - Splash The Patriarchy

The most fun you'll have deceiving your family.

Read Full Article

Hmmm.... If this ever comes onto the Instant Game Collection I may give it a try.... but if not, I'm happy to let this one pass me by.

Nice review Jim. First time I actually bothered to read anything about this game since I was comforted by seeing your name as the author. Every time I saw articles about Octodad, I was scared away because they remided me of the "octomom".

$15 does seem a little much for a 2 our game but I played the original student project that was Octodad and the entire thing was just hilarious and surreal. A great concept for a game and really really original. This was pre surgeon simulator and Qwop too, now the "Hilariously bad controls" is kind of a genre.

I made the mistake of watching this on Twitch, not realising that I'd very soon have seen the whole thing. Now I'm still debating whether or not to buy it, because I doubt I'll play it... and yet I'd like to support the devs.

Watching it can not possibly compare to playing it yourself. S'all about the controls, don'tcha know?

Damn, I was really looking forward to this, but 2 hours for $15 just doesn't add up. Looks like I'll be waiting for a Steam sale.

Here, an octopus dons a suit and attempts to pass itself off as a human man, having gotten itself married and somehow siring children.

I've seen enough hentai to know how this happened.

Hmm, I'm not sure if this is the best place to bring it up but escapist hasn't put out a video review in a really long time. I'm not sure if it's because copyright claims or they mentioned it in a memo or thread but I just love seeing the review as well as reading it. Now that Jim's doing very much of the reviews I understand that might make his job even more hectic, but a video review every now and then could help determine more about how the game plays as well as see some of the issues.

OT: Judging from what you're saying, it seems that they tacked on some normative "gameplay" elements to keep the 2 hour campaign more lively. Still I feel after a while, even the good old funny parts of the game can lose there joy. $15 might seem not worth it for a short 3 star game but hopefully a good sale will make a fun playthrough worth it.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here