Unskippable: The Guided Fate Paradox, Part 1

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Guided Fate Paradox, Part 1

The compelling story of a guy who never wins anything, and the girl who browbeats him into gambling anyway.

Watch Video

That ending .... Maybe she really is "insanely cute", emphasis on insane, and has a bunch of "gods" locked up in her basement somewhere.

Wow that girl really knows how to ham it up.

I'm imagining, if the animation continued, we'd see her splattered in blood, laughing maniacally.

- What? Tsk, tsk, tsk. Is that another Mister Winner? And Missis Winner? And little Winner Juniors? Come, all, spin my thingamajic and ascend to Heaven! Ahahaha!

That escalated quickly.

I'm actually quite interested in the story of this game from seeing this. BRB, googling.

Man, a TV Fridge would be awesome. You could get one of those grabby claws and eat anything you wanted without having to get up!

Also, the fact that this guy doesn't think it's weird that someone would run a curbside lottery game dressed as a maid speaks volumes about his life. Lucky or not, he's seen some stuff.

Okay......... WHAT THE HELL?!!!

Anyway, it really made me LOL a few times.
Good game, guys. Next week part 2, pretty please? :D

Dammit....Now I am actually curious as to what will happen because that shit came out of nowhere...had to rewind a few seconds after she hit him to make sure she didn't say "send you to see god" instead of become

castlewise:
That ending .... Maybe she really is "insanely cute", emphasis on insane, and has a bunch of "gods" locked up in her basement somewhere.

An entire pantheon then?

Actually, I heard she also captured Tom Hiddleston...but she was somewhat low key about him. *runs like hell before I am PUNished for that one*

At first i was somewhat confused, that you didn't make fun about all the dust clouds going up, everytime the crazy girl jumped. But now, in retrospective it all kind of adds up.
No winner for a long, long time.
Only two people in the shopping center.
I'll take a wild guess and assume, that this is the fanciest postapocalyptic setting in a video game to date.

Bruce Almighty lied to us all....

castlewise:

Maybe she is some sort of insanity deity.

Anyway, I really want this game now. The dialogue is hilariously bad even without Graham and Paul adding their usual dialogue.

Kenjitsuka:
Okay......... WHAT THE HELL?!!!

Anyway, it really made me LOL a few times.
Good game, guys. Next week part 2, pretty please? :D

Yessss...More of this game! MORE!

"Pi-piru-piru-piru-pi-piru-pi"

At least, that's what I was reminded of.

"a girl that any healthy boy would have 1 or 2 dreams about"
I'm quite surprised that you guys didn't pick up on this bit... I hope it was just some bad wording on the part of the writers and that they didn't actually mean it like that.

Alexander Kirby:
"a girl that any healthy boy would have 1 or 2 dreams about"
I'm quite surprised that you guys didn't pick up on this bit... I hope it was just some bad wording on the part of the writers and that they didn't actually mean it like that.

Of course, the script would have been vastly improved, if he said instead: "a girl that any healthy heterosexual biologically male boy would have 1 or 2 dreams about, assuming she is biologically female."

That sort of makes me want to find out what's happening next...

TO WIKIPEDIA!

Been thinking of getting this game after seeing it a couple of times at the store. Might actually buy it after watching this.

Done by the guy who make Disgaea?
Well, time to find and play this no doubt amazing game.
Anyway, funny as always and the concept of "insanely cute" is intriguing.

Presumably the rest of the game is you trying to escape from wherever the crazy girl puts you. Given how over the top she is, I'm guessing it takes place in either a circus or a theme park.

It's the first I've heard of this nearly-bald goddess of luck. Maybe she appears later?

Urgh, I would never played a game that have a very dull protaganist (we get it, you have zero luck at all, no need to go on for minutes about it!) and wait? This is a PS3 game? I mistaken it for a PS2 that the Unskippable sometime do!

You know, this is funny, but where did I hear that voice before? It's driving me nuts!

Also, I think I remember something about a trailer, where you jump on monsters in a row to damage them... Multiple females to go out with... and somehow saving the world that way...

Yup, disgaea people probably made this.

...Okay, now I'm curious to see what happens next. Seriously, I bet only Japan could have a lttery to make someone God...

Favorite moments:
-The meaning of "insanely cute"
-The Doctor Evil quote

And of course this isn't on the vita... it's the only Sony thing I own

The best thing about this video is that it says "Part One". Can't wait for next week [and hopefully the week after].

I'm always glad this show exists alone for the fact that I would never see half of these little gems.

That push was amazing, I wish I could do that! This was quiet and easy overall, but still fun, I like it!

canadamus_prime:

Well, to be fair, her line of work involves some showmanship, which should not involve a spiked club.

XMark:
That escalated quickly.

I'm actually quite interested in the story of this game from seeing this. BRB, googling.

That's what I though too.
Excellent video today, guys! I had to pause and laugh at that "Lonely Island" joke.

The instant i played this game I had a feeling you guys would be featuring it. XD the story is actually fairly unique, though it's steeped in enough japanese flavoring that if you dislike anime you probably won't like it.

If you're a fan of anime or jrpgs, or even just neutral on them, I can give this one a recommendation, though. It's a solid roguelike adventure, with a unique story and solid length, and even at first release it's only 30 bucks.

scw55:
That sort of makes me want to find out what's happening next...

TO WIKIPEDIA!

Screw that
TO YOUTUBE!!!

Scarim Coral:
Urgh, I would never played a game that have a very dull protaganist (we get it, you have zero luck at all, no need to go on for minutes about it!) and wait? This is a PS3 game? I mistaken it for a PS2 that the Unskippable sometime do!

Oh, common, by your standards Half-Life also is unplayable
Not to mention April Rayan is a bit dull in first chapter as well
Not always opening treats protagonist well.

Darth_Payn:

canadamus_prime:

Well, to be fair, her line of work involves some showmanship, which should not involve a spiked club.

Yes, but even by the standards of lottery booth operators/carnies, that was a bit over the top.

blackrave:

Scarim Coral:

How so? I've played Half-Life and Gordon Freeman is the typical silent protagonist and I didn't hear him ranting on about how his job suck but the monorail scene was pretty boring, not the character.

Scarim Coral:

blackrave:

Scarim Coral:

How so? I've played Half-Life and Gordon Freeman is the typical silent protagonist and I didn't hear him ranting on about how his job suck but the monorail scene was pretty boring, not the character.

oh, you meant annoying dull, instead of simply dull
Anyway The Longest Journey suffers from same at the beginning- still one of the best games out there
And April is one of my favorite characters.
You can't judge game or protagonist from first few minutes.

P.S. No, of course you can, but it wouldn't be fair.

hickwarrior:
You know, this is funny, but where did I hear that voice before? It's driving me nuts!

Jude in Tales of Xillia.

I've said it before, and will likely say it again, but I honestly don't know why you guys bother doing any other games besides these otaku ones. They are just so ripe for comedy gold.

Ahh, fun. The anime version of a Shirley Jackson short story. I'm just gonna go ahead and assume that that was the whole game, because the android girl clearly just murdered that guy in extraordinarily brutal fashion.

What? That's the intro to a game? Painfully slow delivery of disjointed dialogue and exposition, if it can be called dialogue and exposition, an oddly excitable girl, ending with an out-of-place claim of supernatural power and of violence. What?

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here