2 Pro 4 U

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

That car is clearly a Lotus Elise, and you choose to make disparaging comments about handling for you metaphor...

What kind of flagrant abortion of journalism is this Grey?! :P

Sassafrass:

Daystar Clarion:
That guy resembles Jeremy Clarkson.

I'm convinced it's Jezza.

Greatest comic... In the world.

The pause wasn't long enough.

This is the greatest comic
... ... ... ... ... ... ...
in the world.

Remember, the pause is everything.

Freaking Top Gear casuals.

*ahem*

......... in the whiiirrralld.

OT: You don't know hard until you've won a medal at Flappy Bird, JUST LOOK AT THIS SWAG MUTHA F*CKER! image
SUCH DETERMINATION IN HIS EYE!

Withdrawal method pretty ok, executed properly.

Proper execution being the unlikely part. Just gotta be familiar with dem brakes

That guy in the leather jacket, is he one of the Top Gear guys?

2pro4u:
Hey everyone, some friends and I made an edit of this comic that we feel is much more accurate, check it out!

AWWW, dammit, that was way funnier. Good job!

RA92:

Requia:

there's a difference between a fully functional game that's difficult and a game that seems difficult because the controls are badly implemented.

Dwarf Fortress is like a BMW Brutus.

Powerful, and it'll probably bite your head off.

Also simultaneously ugly as sin and somehow very attractive.

2pro4u:
Hey everyone, some friends and I made an edit of this comic that we feel is much more accurate, check it out!

I feel like this is actually a sequel, and there's a comic missing in the middle where the guy decided he hates drivers and takes the bribe.

sageoftruth:
Good thing challenge isn't a virtue in car design.

oh, come now.. you've never heard all the ignorants whining over manual vs auto, and 'electronic nanny's'?
approximately 0% of car enthusiasts can beat them yet they all claim to, sounds exactly like gamers and easy mode to me.

The Lugz:

sageoftruth:
Good thing challenge isn't a virtue in car design.

oh, come now.. you've never heard all the ignorants whining over manual vs auto, and 'electronic nanny's'?
approximately 0% of car enthusiasts can beat them yet they all claim to, sounds exactly like gamers and easy mode to me.

Nope. This is news to me. Thanks for the info.

Zachary Amaranth:

sageoftruth:
I know some people who do it without air bags, but that's too hardcore for me.

AIR BAGS? God, all these "safety features" have ruined driving for me. I mean, making driving safe for casuals only diminishes my place as a hardcore driver. I learned to drive on a manual with no air bags, and driving really meant something. And why should I care if my turn signals work? They're for noobs!

Tell me about it. I've heard they're even thinking of making cars that can drive themselves. That completely ruins the point of even having a car.

The Wooster:
I really wish game reviewers would talk about difficulty in more depth. When games like Dark Souls and Super Meat Boy both fall under the general umbrella of "hard," you're limiting what information you can give the reader.

Amen to that. So many misunderstandings have been caused by this lack of clarification.

"The breaks are about as effective as the withdrawal method."

It works 80% of the time when executed properly? But I have no idea what that means when it comes to cars!!!

Clarkson seems to have lost some weight for this comic.

I don't suppose that it's a coincidence that this came out just after the new series of TG started? One episode in and there's already been 2 explosions, several demolished walls, a tank, and several mustaches.

OT: Only earlier today I read something in which some halfwit decided that the reviewer had to like the game to review it, because there would be a negative bias if they didn't like the game they were reviewing. I feel that this is somehow relevant.

RA92:
The thing is though, car people can be even more ridiculous than gamers. Audis and BMWs are well engineered and mostly understated machines, but people like Clarkson will shit on them for their tosser image. And then heap love upon another car with no ABS or power steering or traction control for being pure and having passion behind them (Noble M600, Caterhams and every single TVRs for instance).

T.V.R's, what century are you in :D. But when it come's to the image issue, when "noob's" start buying a fast car en mass, prices go up for insurance and prices go down fast in deprecation and trust that the car is in good order when sold on. So it's not as ridiculous as you think.

Yeah, I read the first panel in Clarkson's voice without even thinking about it.

sageoftruth:

Tell me about it. I've heard they're even thinking of making cars that can drive themselves. That completely ruins the point of even having a car.

And even if it's optional, the fact that other people have that option will detract from our driving!

The Wooster:
I really wish game reviewers would talk about difficulty in more depth. When games like Dark Souls and Super Meat Boy both fall under the general umbrella of "hard," you're limiting what information you can give the reader.

Isn't that a limitation of the reviewer and just the process of the reviews in general? Not meant as a slight against any reviewer, but if the games are hard, the might not be able to complete them in the time they were given. They have a schedule, right? It's not really anyone's fault, just a problem of the process.

Zachary Amaranth:

sageoftruth:

And even if it's optional, the fact that other people have that option will detract from our driving!

Actually, time will tell on that one, just how "optional" it's going to be or what caveats will be attached to either of the options. You know, once lawmakers get their mitts on innovations...

Still a decade in the future or so, I'd say, but I do think there'll be a certain...pressure.

Vegosiux:

Actually, time will tell on that one, just how "optional" it's going to be or what caveats will be attached to either of the options. You know, once lawmakers get their mitts on innovations...

Still a decade in the future or so, I'd say, but I do think there'll be a certain...pressure.

Well, it was an "even if" and mostly there to parallel how optional lower difficulties totally detract from the hardcore pros.

Zachary Amaranth:

Well, it was an "even if" and mostly there to parallel how optional lower difficulties totally detract from the hardcore pros.

Yeah, I actually didn't get that parallel until after I've posted >.> Mental lag.

Teoes:
I wonder if that's the first thing the Hamster said to Clarkson, when he woke up.

I believe it was along the lines of:
Clarkson: "You were in an accident."
Hamster: "Was I being stupid?"

Clarkson and Hammond on the escapist? *sniff* This is a dream come true!

RA92:
The thing is though, car people can be even more ridiculous than gamers. Audis and BMWs are well engineered and mostly understated machines, but people like Clarkson will shit on them for their tosser image. And then heap love upon another car with no ABS or power steering or traction control for being pure and having passion behind them (Noble M600, Caterhams and every single TVRs for instance).

To be completely sexist (which goes against my nature but hey, we all gotta take a day off sometime), it's a bit like dating a hot chick who is also completely insane. Versus the 'just pretty' chick who is not insane. BMW and Audi are the chicks you eventually marry, when you finally realize the crazy will never go away. And you're tired of nearly dying.

As woman, I intend to marry the male equivalent of a Toyota truck. Given my propensity for assault, this is my only option.

UltraPic:

RA92:

T.V.R's, what century are you in :D. But when it come's to the image issue, when "noob's" start buying a fast car en mass, prices go up for insurance and prices go down fast in deprecation and trust that the car is in good order when sold on. So it's not as ridiculous as you think.

I used to review books for an online website (actually, several). And the rule was, if you really, deeply hated it, you would pass it on to someone else who could review it without frothing hatred. There was always 1-2 people who never gave anything less than a 3-star rating. So it doesn't surprise me that a similar attitude exists in the game reviewing world, albeit a little different.

Speaking of books, when did 'newb' become 'nub'? Cuz in my world, 'nub' is something from old school romance novels referring to nipples...or other things. Ahem. Euphemisms are fun.

No no no. Clarkson needs to be swearing more and insulting gays or women.

OT: sadly true. If you're ever short on ideas you can just adapt this to other parts of life. (Making a cake, doing food shopping, walking the dog etc)

2pro4u:

That's actually much better, more pointed and funnier XD

TopazFusion:
So, you're not allowed to review a game until you've crashed the game?

Not only crashed, but somehow caused it to catch fire and explode.

2hardcore4u, or somesuch.

marcooos:

Mistilteinn:
This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

"Its time to fuckign pwn sum n00bz"

... What the fuck did I just watch?

That would be Dark Souls pvp. That build is the equivalent of the noob tube in FPS's, hence the very tongue in cheek tone of the video.

Chaosritter:
Eh, this comic doesn't really work, should be like this:

Reviewer: This car is fucking awesome, 9/10

Consumer: Oh boy, sounds great! I'm gonna buy it on release day

*car crashes and burns*

Reviewer: It would have been unfair to give it a lower score for critical technical flaws and constant crashes, those are probably gonna get fixed some day anyway

Just take Battlefield 4 for example...

Yea.. a negative review of what appears to be an expensive car. The game analogy somewhat fails right there.

reminds me of all those reviews of sonic lost world, and the insane backlash from the sonic fanbase

that wasnt just butthurt, it was a complete rectal holocaust... until everyone played it and they realized it was a crap game

Chaosritter:
Eh, this comic doesn't really work, should be like this:

Reviewer: This car is fucking awesome, 9/10

Consumer: Oh boy, sounds great! I'm gonna buy it on release day

*car crashes and burns*

Reviewer: It would have been unfair to give it a lower score for critical technical flaws and constant crashes, those are probably gonna get fixed some day anyway

Just take Battlefield 4 for example...

Alternatively it could have gone like this:

Reviewer: This game is bland and buggy!

Publisher: Ahem.... *slips them a check*

Reviewer: Er I mean....game of the year!

So the Pinto is like Ninja Gaiden?

Mistilteinn:
This was the first thing I thought of when I saw this:

"Its time to fuckign pwn sum n00bz"

Must post this now.

I had to do it. You made me.

Daystar Clarion:
That guy resembles Jeremy Clarkson.

I'm convinced it's Jezza.

Greatest comic... In the world.

Can't be Clarkson, not nearly fat enough.

Overquoted:
Speaking of books, when did 'newb' become 'nub'? Cuz in my world, 'nub' is something from old school romance novels referring to nipples...or other things. Ahem. Euphemisms are fun.

Around the same time as noob/newb/nub was a thing. As their was no definitive spelling, a few variations popped up and stuck.
(and the reviewing thing is not the same, Clarkson is famous for reviewing bad cars in a scathing manner, and the original point was about good car's with bad reputations due to the people who buy them.).

Editing the word bubbles a bit gives a more personally familiar portrayal of the same thing.

http://imgur.com/NaiWwm8

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or