Escapist Podcast: 125: Dungeon Keeper, Jesse Eisenberg and Superhero Movies

125: Dungeon Keeper, Jesse Eisenberg and Superhero Movies

This week, the Escapist crew discusses their favorite superhero film and EA's new Dungeon Keeper Mobile game.

Watch Video

Probably the only free to play games that I've spent money on is Asphalt 8 on my phone and Warframe on PS4. Only because I've played those games for longer than I've played games that I've shoveled out $60 bucks up front to play... and never did (DmC and Rememeber Me, which became free on PS+ to make matters worse).

I will pay money to play a good game.

As an Australian, I laugh out loud when I hear things like that about Eric Bana. Americans associate him with grizzled, serious war veteran types? Awesome. For the record, before going to Hollywood Eric Bana spent a decade as one of the main stars of Fast Forward, an Australian MADtv style goofy sketch comedy, so now it's hard for me every time I watch a movie where I'm supposed to take him seriously.

Branindain:
As an Australian, I laugh out loud when I hear things like that about Eric Bana. Americans associate him with grizzled, serious war veteran types? Awesome. For the record, before going to Hollywood Eric Bana spent a decade as one of the main stars of Fast Forward, an Australian MADtv style goofy sketch comedy, so now it's hard for me every time I watch a movie where I'm supposed to take him seriously.

Technically Full Frontal, not Fast Forward. "Poida" was a classic character.

That said, The Castle is what I think of when someone says Eric Bana. Talking about "culture".

I am totally stealing the can't taste salt gag.

Henriot:

Branindain:

Technically Full Frontal, not Fast Forward. "Poida" was a classic character.

That said, The Castle is what I think of when someone says Eric Bana. Talking about "culture".

TELL IM E'S DREAMIN! It's been a long time.

He was in some Judd Apatow movie once, whose name escapes me, playing a bit of an obnoxious bogan with full Aussie accent intact. He goes off on this rant about Australian football, and I love it because I know he's actually ranting about his real team, and the footage is of them making the Grand Final. It's literally the only thing I remember about the film, although I think I liked it as I was watching it. His whole Hollywood career feels like an inside joke on Americans to me.

"What is wrong with EA"? That's a dumb question for a game journalist. It's their stock prices which plummeted in 2008 from 48 to 21 dollars, and COD syndrome.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here