Evolve Reveal Preview - Left 4 Hunting Monsters

Evolve Reveal Preview - Left 4 Hunting Monsters

Evolve stands to improve an already strong lineup of shooters coming in 2014.

Read Full Article

Sounds similar to Monster Hunter.

I approve of this prospect.

This could be the best co-op game of the year.

So a glib description would be that it's like Team Left 4 Predator? Certainly sounds very cool, Left 4 Dead gave me a lot of laughs, a re-imagining of that core you vs the environment vs the other guys game play should be great.

fix-the-spade:
So a glib description would be that it's like Team Left 4 Predator?

Heh, yeah that's surprisingly apt. Though Team Left 4 Monster Hunter might be a little closer.

This just seems really really cool. I'm looking forward to it. I hope they give us a lot of server control so we can balance the game a bit ourselves in case the team is not full for example.

Sounds really cool.

Reminds me a bit of starting out as the sole Alpha Zombie in "Zombie Panic". Fun times, especially that time when I hid in a closet in the room that all the survivors were in the process of barricading, only to trap themselves in with me :)

Looking forward to trolling and being trolled by others :p

I like the beret! The cowboy hat, in this setting, reminds me of Gunman Chronicles. These are both strong points in the game's favour.

Whoa, this actually sounds really kind of awesome. I've always dreamed of some kind of multiplayer game where a player can control the boss. Demon's Souls and Dark Souls had this, but I had difficulty getting into those because I admit that the games were just too difficult for me. Left 4 Dead gets it kind of close.

The idea of playing as a boss who has a goal beyond 'just kill the players and stop them from reaching point B' is what makes this the most interesting, I think. But given the very nature of the game's set up and the evolving monster, I wonder how easy to balance something like that will be. Certainly looking forward to finding out!

Bleh! Double post. =/

Wow, this sounds seriously cool. That's going on my watch list for sure, and I haven't played a shooter in several years.

fix-the-spade:
So a glib description would be that it's like Team Left 4 Predator?

Pretty much what I was thinking. It's basically hunt mode from AvP 2, but with a lot more variety for both sides. The only down side I can see is that I really sucked as a predator.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here