Miracle of Sound: The Beauty of Modded Skyrim - Winter Still

The Beauty of Modded Skyrim - Winter Still

Gavin shows off some of his favorite mods to a pleasant tune. The list of mods.

Watch Video

No mention of which mods these are? Cmon Gav, don't be a tease.

Also, either i am crazy or there is some Sovngarde Song mixed in there.

Beautiful... brings a tear to the eye.... and an overwhelming desire to return to the snowy mountains... after I've been to bandcamp to buy this thhough!

Thanks as always Gavin!

AntiChri5:
No mention of which mods these are? Cmon Gav, don't be a tease.

Also, either i am crazy or there is some Sovngarde Song mixed in there.

Head to you tube, there's a link to the mod list,
oh and no, your not going mad, that is Sovngarde Song <>:]

Beautiful.

P.S. List of mods you are running would be appreciated

Here's the mod list for those curious - http://imgur.com/a/lAc6w

Slycne:

Thank you.

I wanted to say "that's a lot", but then I remembered that I'm running 76 mods myself.

P.S. Realistic needs and diseases rocks!

Whatever you do, don't install Claralux and Imaginator from that list. They will destroy your savegames, as I experienced firsthand a couple of months ago. Those mods were really great before but are currently unsupported and do not go well with newer stuff. In my game they caused the light to go up to crazy supernova blinding levels, followed by savegame bloat and death.

Currently in the process of modding Skyrim from scratch again, it's a lot of work, but I really wish to do it right now.

If you plan to do the same, you should take a look at recent guides like this: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/50244/?
A lot of mods came out recently that make Skyrim more stable with lots of highres mods and prevent CTD.

Makes me curious why do people not play standalone mods these days :(
Minerva, Research and Development, Priboi Story, Black Mesa, Valley of Silence... All of those are better then some AAA games...

Has anyone noticed they spend more time modding their Skyrim now days than they do playing it?

This sounds strikingly similar to The Call

Any chance we get a freedom cry song? I know its DLC, but Adawale such a compelling character

I just realized from watching the video that in all my 300+ hours in the game I have NEVER looked UP in Markarth...

Atomic Spy Crab:
This sounds strikingly similar to The Call

That's because Gavin likes to use motifs from his previous Skyrim songs :)

If I remember correctly, The Call had motifs from most, if not all, of his previous Skyrim songs as well. Gives 'em a nice continutiy.
I think it's fitting, as Jeremy Soule (the composer of the TES 3, 4, and 5 soundtracks) used basically the same melody for all three games as well :D

Ah yes, I can almost smell the melted plastic of my computer trying to run the game with all these mods.

blackrave:

Slycne:

Thank you.

I wanted to say "that's a lot", but then I remembered that I'm running 76 mods myself.

P.S. Realistic needs and diseases rocks!

It does, it's almost as if Bethesda was planning on people creating mods like that, so they included all these assets like food and firewood that otherwise serve almost no purpose in the game.

Olas:

It does, it's almost as if Bethesda was planning on people creating mods like that, so they included all these assets like food and firewood that otherwise serve almost no purpose in the game.

I would say food has purpose in the vanilla game. It works like very inefficient health potions. For a low level character it does job due it being easy find free food, you don't much health, you very few health potions, crappy potion making skills. Once you get past a certain point food became too inefficient for healing and it become useless.

Christ, that's what a modded Skyrim looks like on a high end PC? It looks like an all-CGI version of Lord of the Rings. I have to say that I'm quite jealous.

Aesir23:
Christ, that's what a modded Skyrim looks like on a high end PC? It looks like an all-CGI version of Lord of the Rings. I have to say that I'm quite jealous.

If you can even call a 650 ti high end. Its pretty outdated by nvidia standards. Even the R series of AMD can run it, and they are about 100$.

A mid range PC will run that fine. skyrim isn't intensive on the hardware, it runs on the 7th gen consoles about 5-6 years after their introduction. So the power bar is pretty low by modern computing standards. It isn't expensive to get a rig to run it like that, at least not anymore. Basically, we just slap a filter over the game to make it look better while changing lighting in certain ways.

The wonders of post processing doesn't make it to consoles very much, devs see it as just wasted energy if it isn't covering glaring graphical flaws like the low texture quality of the fallout games. If you removed the dark green/orange filter, the textures are way too bright and way too ugly.

Since skyrim looks fine, they don't bother with more filters and fancy post processing. It looked fine as is because the art style covered the limitations. Something oblivion sorely lacked.

Now, if you want high end PC graphics, then there is this.

The guy is pretty secretive on his mod list, so its basically a rumor of what COULD be done. It looks reasonable, since we have seen some gob smacking stuff from other games like crysis.

I'd say one of my favorite mods I have is the Corpse Preparation mod. It's both a mod that's not game breaking (unless you go out of your way to make it so) and fits the lore very well.

Fear my undead legions!

Slycne:

Thanks! I'm going to have to get to modding Skyrim at some point so I'll remember these. ^.^

Alright, I'm about 200% sure you don't take requests, seeing how you probably have about a thousand ideas, but I was thinking, can you do a music video about Homeworld?

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here