Trinity Factor Saga

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Trinity Factor Saga

The Adventure of two lifetimes

Read Full Article

Weird. A Google search of "Trinity Factor Saga" turns up this strip as the only relevant link.

Scars Unseen:
Weird. A Google search of "Trinity Factor Saga" turns up this strip as the only relevant link.

Maybe the joke is that she's actually just regular hallucinating.

Or maybe it's one of those games submitted for that Candy Jam protest..? :\

Scars Unseen:

I couldn't find anything on Google ei - oh, you, Carter.

I guess you'll have to have played the game to get this strip.

Sadly the name and character design looked authentic enough that I was confused when a google search only came up with this strip.

Yes, I just got it now as my twitter has buzzed me which is obviously Grey or someone telling me I didn't get the joke.

I don't know what I'm more disappointed in, lack of the game or myself.

Dammit, you sly bastard. Well played, Carter, well played.

I was wondering why I've never heard of this game.

Good show, Grey..... Good show.

Also: What is that thing in her hand? And I thought the european late medieval went a tad silly with the whole "pointy bits on a stick" thing.
I think I'm just not made for that form of JRPG weapon design.
I need to cleanse my pallet......

Prft, that's a really good strip.

Didn't get the joke so moved on, then came back to re-read the comments. Ohhhh...

Good one, I fell for it.

But enough of that, Lets play "Which Videogames you can spot in the first Panel?"

-JazzPunk
-Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman
-Rain World

Yeah, I fell for it too. Googled, came back and read the comments. You guuuuuys...

The...weapon?...in her hand looks like some sort of elaborate baby toy. Like you shake it and the little chain-link thing on it rattles. Have to be careful to not poke your eye out with the bladed bit, but Handling Sharp Things 101 is required reading for babies these days

Well, at least the keyblade seems somewhat more plausible than... that staff thing, whatever the hell it is. Even if it is just a blunt instrument.

Also, I kind of fell for the joke as well.

EDIT: to add to sweetshark:

I see

-Jazzpunk
-Loadout
-they bleed pixels

on there.

Well played sir well palyed.

hickwarrior:
Well, at least the keyblade seems somewhat more plausible than... that staff thing, whatever the hell it is. Even if it is just a blunt instrument.

Also, I kind of fell for the joke as well.

EDIT: to add to sweetshark:

I see

-Jazzpunk
-Loadout
-they bleed pixels

on there.

Actually its a jury rigged weapon, she gets captured by giants at the beginning of the game and makes that out of a giants can opener and toothpick while hanging of his belt. It is cool how this free from innovation carries over into the crafting system in the game, works really well. Glad this game is finally getting the attention it deserves here on the escapist

And that, my dear friends, is a precisely executed non-malevolent fun-troll. Well done Carter, well done, you've set the bar pretty high.

Give it a few weeks, someone will probably end up making it...

canadamus_prime:
I was wondering why I've never heard of this game.

You haven't had the right head injuries. Me, I've been playing nit all week.

Ignore the fact that my Steam log says I've been playing nothing but Civ V. Steam is one of the mushroom men.

SweetShark:
Good one, I fell for it.

But enough of that, Lets play "Which Videogames you can spot in the first Panel?"

-JazzPunk
-Reaper: Tale of a Pale Swordsman
-Rain World

I think I saw Axel from Loadout too.

that saga will get you sued, grey.

soon

Carefull there or your weapon might end up on a character from some asian grinder mmo.. and yes i had been had too before reading the comment.

See, I didn't fall for that, because I know which game has the most addictive crafting system ever.

Kingdoms of amalur: reckoning.

Seriously, I've spent hours making things just so I can roll around laughing at how incredibly overpowered I've made myself. I made a seperate save in which I'd banned myself from crafting anything else but potions so that I wouldn't completely break the game.

Grenge Di Origin:

Scars Unseen:

I was thinking the same thing. Either way, I'm glad to see Erin and her screwed up brain back in action.

TiberiusEsuriens:

Grenge Di Origin:

Scars Unseen:

I was thinking the same thing. Either way, I'm glad to see Erin and her screwed up brain back in action.

I would be glad to see Erin storylines back, every now and then.
I know Grey left it because there wasn't enough humour or whatever, but I miss Erin as a real character .-.

My first thought was, "A game with saga in the name that isn't sued?"
And that lead me to catch on to the joke BEFORE I googled it. I am so proud of myself!

as everybody else I had to google it.. very meta

I can't remember the last time Erin hallucinated video game characters. Good to see more of them! As for that girl from the game which turns out to not exist (yet), maybe Erin's subconscious is just mashing together every JRPG cliché there is into one image. The long and unnaturally colored hair, the impractically skimpy outfit, the goofy looking weapon that would throw its user's back out with each swing, it's all there!

The desu of that made up title is off the charts.

Argh! Curse you, Carter! I've been waiting for another crafting-centric JRPG to lift me from the abyss since fuckin' Mana Khemia!

There was so much hope...

Ok, I fell for it.

Now all we need is someone to actually make the game.

Honestly though I kind of thought that the strip was going to wind up being about the lack of the third installment of "Zero Escape".... one of those things that sort of bugs me because they pretty much created a game series where they won't be answering the hanging questions for those that played the first two.

One thing I will also add to this is that I think JRPGs seem to proliferate because of the RPG maker tool sets. I've been of the opinion for a while that anything directly crafted with a toolset like that shouldn't be able to be put up for release as a paid "indie game". A lot of people will debate that point of course, but to me it seems like it winds up flooding the market with a lot of generic JRPGs of dubious quality, which detract from the works of people who do a lot more work (even within that same genere).

i was going to google it, but i think i won't after reading the comments. so did i fall for it or not? the world may never know.

I don't get the joke. I mean, I get the "joke", I just don't know how it is supposed to be funny. I'm confused. X_x

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here