Plantronics RIG Headset Review

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Plantronics RIG Headset Review

Looking for a good gaming headset? The Plantronics RIG is decent for the $99.99 price, but it has its issues.

Read Full Article

"Looking for a good gaming headset?"
Stop looking for a gaming headset and get a proper pair of HiFi cans. Problem solved.

TheSniperFan:
Stop looking for a gaming headset and get a proper pair of HiFi cans. Problem solved.

I am actually. But not a stereo set, I want a set that does surround so I can game at night while the family is asleep and not bother anyone, but I'd like them to double as a mic for multiplayer games like Titanfall.

Do you have an recommendations? Brands I should keep an eye on?

:)

ZZoMBiE13:

TheSniperFan:

I am actually. But not a stereo set, I want a set that does surround so I can game at night while the family is asleep and not bother anyone, but I'd like them to double as a mic for multiplayer games like Titanfall.

First of all many headphones and headsets marketed as "surround sound" really just have to one speaker per cup and mimic surround effects through software. I have owned a headset that did have multiple speakers in each cup and I highly recommend NOT using such a setup.
It is much better to get a good pair of headphones, like the Beyerdynamic DT880, and use Dolby Headphone for the surround experience.

Amir Kondori:

ZZoMBiE13:

TheSniperFan:

First of all many headphones and headsets marketed as "surround sound" really just have to one speaker per cup and mimic surround effects through software. I have owned a headset that did have multiple speakers in each cup and I highly recommend NOT using such a setup.
It is much better to get a good pair of headphones, like the Beyerdynamic DT880, and use Dolby Headphone for the surround experience.

Thank you. I will take a look at them.

Going to try and score a headphone set as a Father's Day present. :)

ZZoMBiE13:

Amir Kondori already beat me to it, but I'll go a little more into detail why exactly surround headphones are marketing bs.

The short version of how you can tell where a sound is coming from:

If someone is clapping his hands while standing slightly to the right of you, the sound will reach the right ear a little earlier than it will reach the left. This, among other factors, is used by your brain to determine where the sound is coming from.
Your typical 7.1 speakers simulate that by...well, providing multiple sound sources.

Sounds simple right? It is, but why can't this concept work for headphones?
The thing is that the sound from one side of your headphone will never reach the other ear. Headphones simulate this effect by playing the two stereo tracks delayed of each other.
And they're really good at it.
Putting 7.1 individual drivers in your headphones makes absolutely no sense at all. Even more so when you think about the ".1". What? Is there a single subwoofer inside your headphones and the bass only comes from one ear?

Professional headphones don't use this fancy "7.1 surround sound" technology that is catered towards gamers.
Professional headphones don't use USB, but cinch (or in rare cases XLR).
It's professionals they're made for after all. They know what they buy and shit like this wouldn't fly in this market.

If you want some advise on proper headphones, just let me know. ;)
It's not that simple really, because a shoe that fits one person pinches another, if you know what I mean.

TheSniperFan:

If you want some advise on proper headphones, just let me know. ;)
It's not that simple really, because a shoe that fits one person pinches another, if you know what I mean.

I would actually value any advice on the topic. I know a lot about electronics, but never took the time to learn much about sound equipment.

I know the quality I want is going to cost above the average, but you get what you pay for amiright? It's the same reason I buy the $80 Scotch instead of the $30 Scotch. ;)

So yeah, any buying advice or tips on what to look for would be most appreciated.

Astro A40 your go to headset, you're having a laugh right?

I bought an Astro A40 with the 2013 Mixamp and it is by far the worst headset I've ever had the misfortune to own, The sound is weak with poor bass which is only matched by the utterly terrible microphone quality.

ZZoMBiE13:
I would actually value any advice on the topic. I know a lot about electronics, but never took the time to learn much about sound equipment.

I know the quality I want is going to cost above the average, but you get what you pay for amiright? It's the same reason I buy the $80 Scotch instead of the $30 Scotch. ;)

So yeah, any buying advice or tips on what to look for would be most appreciated.

I'd be a pleasure. :)

Where to start?
Well, first let me tell you that your Scotch analogy falls apart here, because headphones have reached the masses. And by "reached the masses" I mean that there is tons of people buying headphones who have no idea about the subject and thus will buy anything shiny. Generally there are three rules that will automatically improve your choice off headphones, by cutting of the worst.

First rule: Stay away from anything with the "gaming" label. You'll pay more for less.
Second rule: Stay away from Bose. They really live of their name and marketing nowadays. It's not that they're that bad really; They just perform really bad considering their price.
Third rule: Stay away even further from Beats. Short version: You'll pay A LOT for really, really shitty headphones. (Just so you get the dimension we're talking about here: A 400$ Beats Pro is outclassed by a 170$ ATH-M50)

Before I point you in the right direction, you'll to answer some questions.
The thing is that there is no universally good pair of headphones out there, because certain "qualities" are opposites of each other and thus cannot be combined.
The most basic example would be the music you hear. If you want to listen to hip-hop, dubstep or bass-heavy music in general, you'd get a pair of cans that provide their bass with a lot of "pressure". If you listen to classical music, this is the absolutely last thing you want your headphones to do. You should get the idea.

The four things I need to know:
Their size:
In Ear, Earbuds, On Ear or Over Ear
I assume you want over ears.

Closed back vs Semi-Open back vs Open back:
The easiest way to answer this question is by telling me where you want to use them. At home vs on the go. In a silent environment vs in a loud environment. Basically, closed back headphones provide insulation in both ways. Your music doesn't "leak out" so you don't annoy people around you, and the world around you doesn't get in to annoy you. They have major weaknesses though.

What kind of music do you want to listen to with them (if any)?

What do you want them for in gaming?
Experience vs Competetive. Or in other words: Best possible immersion or the best possible sound localization?

The poorly named Sennheiser G4ME ZERO/ONE are actually pretty good. At least Sennheiser is a headphone company.
The mic on them is pretty impressive as well.

I'd still probably run a pair of HD 380 pros and a studio mic, but that's just me.

My Logitech G330 headset has lasted longer than products from both Sennheiser and Plantronics. If this is the same build quality as said Logitech headset then I may be interested but otherwise I would rather NOT waste another $100 or so on a headset that will crap out in a couple of months!

TheSniperFan:
so much snipping

I listen mostly to hard rock, classic rock, etc. But I like pretty much everything to some degree. Mozart to Run DMC to Metallica and all points in between. The super hardcore metal I can't really do anymore. I'm too old for Cannibal Corpse or the like. Gives me a headache nowadays. But 90% of the time I listen to something with a guitar wailing:P

I'll be using them exclusively at home. I'm rarely on the go and when I am, I'm typically with someone. I don't commute or anything like that. I just want to be able to play Halo at a higher volume when the rest of the family is asleep. Don't want to wake my daughter up when Cortana goes bugger-nuts and screams at the Chief.

And I don't really do the competitive thing either. I play shooters for fun, but not a die-hard try-hard or anything like that. Mostly just putter around in the latest sci-fi shooter if I'm feeling up for multiplayer, the rest of the time I stick to single player experiences like Dead Rising or Forza or InFamous or whatever open-world sandbox is out at the time.

In a perfect world, I'd like a set that could work on the X1, the PS4, the 360, and the PS3 and the PC, but if that's a fever dream I won't be shocked.

I get what you mean about Bose too. Long ago I spent some time working at Best Buy in my youth. I never understood how people couldn't hear how mediocre they were. I guess if you put a high price tag on something you can bullshit you way into popularity maybe? I dunno, I just know I never heard a set of Bose speakers that were worth half what they cost. Though I did have a great set of $300 Klipsh speakers for my PC back at that time. Those things would rattle the rafters. The employee discount was awesome back in those days. :)

ZZoMBiE13:
I listen mostly to hard rock, classic rock, etc. But I like pretty much everything to some degree. Mozart to Run DMC to Metallica and all points in between. The super hardcore metal I can't really do anymore. I'm too old for Cannibal Corpse or the like. Gives me a headache nowadays. But 90% of the time I listen to something with a guitar wailing:P

ZZoMBiE13:
And I don't really do the competitive thing either. I play shooters for fun, but not a die-hard try-hard or anything like that. Mostly just putter around in the latest sci-fi shooter if I'm feeling up for multiplayer, the rest of the time I stick to single player experiences like Dead Rising or Forza or InFamous or whatever open-world sandbox is out at the time.

This should be doable. ;)

ZZoMBiE13:
I'll be using them exclusively at home. I'm rarely on the go and when I am, I'm typically with someone. I don't commute or anything like that. I just want to be able to play Halo at a higher volume when the rest of the family is asleep. Don't want to wake my daughter up when Cortana goes bugger-nuts and screams at the Chief.

Important question: Do you play in another room?
The thing is that open and semi-open cans will leak sound. Especially when someone is trying to sleep, it's annoying. In that case you'd need to get a pair of closed back cans.
If you play in another room though, you should go with open/semi-open ones since they *generally* sound better. They're also cheaper.

ZZoMBiE13:
In a perfect world, I'd like a set that could work on the X1, the PS4, the 360, and the PS3 and the PC, but if that's a fever dream I won't be shocked.

It is possible, just a question of how much you are willing to spend. For consoles you tend to need extra hardware.

Oh, and how much are you willing to spend?

Can someone recommend me some good gaming headsets? I've had a myriad of them and never had a pair that would last me more than a few months. (mic has to be included)

I've had Steelseries Syberia V2, Logitech G35, Steelseries 5Hv2 so far and I want a good pair for my new rig that I'm planning to build.

DarkhoIlow:
Can someone recommend me some good gaming headsets? I've had a myriad of them and never had a pair that would last me more than a few months. (mic has to be included)

I've had Steelseries Syberia V2, Logitech G35, Steelseries 5Hv2 so far and I want a good pair for my new rig that I'm planning to build.

Read the conversation I am having with ZZoMBiE13 here in this thread.
Here are the things I'll need to know in order to point you in the right direction.

Their size:

The easiest way to answer this question is by telling me where you want to use them. At home vs on the go. In a silent environment vs in a loud environment. Basically, closed back headphones provide insulation in both ways. Your music doesn't "leak out" so you don't annoy people around you, and the world around you doesn't get in to annoy you. They have major weaknesses though.

Experience vs Competetive. Or in other words: Best possible immersion or the best possible sound localization?

And also, how much you are willing to spend.

DarkhoIlow:
(mic has to be included)

Seriously, do yourself a favor and purchase them separately. While there are headset versions of proper headphones, they're insultingly expensive.
For example, the AKG K271 MKII is 130$, while the headset versions of it, HSC and HSD 271, cost 250$.
If you were to spend 250$ on both of them separately, you'd get pair of cans from a whole different league. Stuff that no Steelseries, Creative, Razer or Logitech can even remotely compete with.

TheSniperFan:

DarkhoIlow:

Read the conversation I am having with ZZoMBiE13 here in this thread.
Here are the things I'll need to know in order to point you in the right direction.

Their size:

And also, how much you are willing to spend.

DarkhoIlow:
(mic has to be included)

Seriously, do yourself a favor and purchase them separately. While there are headset versions of proper headphones, they're insultingly expensive.
For example, the AKG K271 MKII is 130$, while the headset versions of it, HSC and HSD 271, cost 250$.
If you were to spend 250$ on both of them separately, you'd get pair of cans from a whole different league. Stuff that no Steelseries, Creative, Razer or Logitech can even remotely compete with.

So a few things then:

- I want an over the ear one (the ones that go all the way around the ear..the ones such as Logitech G35 or otherwise).
- My budget is around 200$.
- I really don't have the space on my table to put a microphone so I really want a headphone with the mic incorporated mainly for gaming. Something with a good 5.1 surround at least would be best.
- Music: I listen to pretty much everything except for folk & classical music.

Looking forward to see which type of gaming headsets you will recommend.

DarkhoIlow:
So a few things then:

- I want an over the ear one (the ones that go all the way around the ear..the ones such as Logitech G35 or otherwise).
- I really don't have the space on my table to put a microphone so I really want a headphone with the mic incorporated mainly for gaming. Something with a good 5.1 surround at least would be best.

You left out the two most important question:
Do you need insulation?
and
Should it be more fun or is telling where the enemies are coming from more important to you?

As for the mic:
There is no problem with a table. There are mics that you attach to your headphones.

TheSniperFan:

DarkhoIlow:
So a few things then:

You left out the two most important question:
Do you need insulation?
and
Should it be more fun or is telling where the enemies are coming from more important to you?

As for the mic:
There is no problem with a table. There are mics that you attach to your headphones.

If by insulation you mean noise cancelling so I hear nothing from the outside going in then yes, especially since I got my loud computer right next to me, I'd prefer not to hear it when the temperatures rise very high in full load.

I don't get what you mean by "fun", but I would like to have spacial awareness with the headphones so 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

DarkhoIlow:
If by insulation you mean noise cancelling so I hear nothing from the outside going in then yes, especially since I got my loud computer right next to me, I'd prefer not to hear it when the temperatures rise very high in full load.

I know that problem. I'm only gaming on my notebook at the moment and it gets VERY loud.
I have a pair of semi-open cans, so they provide no noise cancellation and I can hear the fan spinning. In games like shooters it doesn't matter because you filter that out yourself. In horror games however...

DarkhoIlow:
I don't get what you mean by "fun", but I would like to have spacial awareness with the headphones so 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound.

What I meant by this is rather simple really.
Those qualities that make a pair of headphones exceptional at locating your enemies, generally tend to make them sound bland (or boring, if you wish).

If someone is into shooters and wants a pair of headphones that'll reveal where all the enemies are lurking, he'd have to get himself the "AKG K701", no contest. Well, if he can afford it. The K701 are incredibly hard to drive and therefore won't work correctly on your average PC, Smartphone or Console. You'll need an extra headphone amplifier for those. Together it'll cost you quite a bit.
While they pretty much unmatched in terms of taking your environment apart, they also sound very bland in games. They have a very weak bass which makes explosions have no real impact. Since they're open back cans, they also provide no noise cancellation whatsoever.

Where do you want to plug them in? Directly into your onboard sound, or do you happen to have a soundcard/amplifier/whatever?
I have one in mind for you already. ;)

The model that should suit you perfectly doesn't *need* an amplifier, but certainly benefits from one.

TheSniperFan:

ZZoMBiE13:

ZZoMBiE13:

This should be doable. ;)

ZZoMBiE13:

Important question: Do you play in another room?
The thing is that open and semi-open cans will leak sound. Especially when someone is trying to sleep, it's annoying. In that case you'd need to get a pair of closed back cans.
If you play in another room though, you should go with open/semi-open ones since they *generally* sound better. They're also cheaper.

ZZoMBiE13:

It is possible, just a question of how much you are willing to spend. For consoles you tend to need extra hardware.

Oh, and how much are you willing to spend?

Sound bleed isnt a major concern. And I'm more interested in meeting my needs than locking down a price. I prefer to figure out a thing I want and then I just save up until I can afford the thing. That way I never have to settle. Plus I honestly have no idea what these things run. I don't expect it to be cheap. :)

@TheSniperfan:

Check your inbox for my message, we'll continue there.

ZZoMBiE13:
Sound bleed isnt a major concern. And I'm more interested in meeting my needs than locking down a price. I prefer to figure out a thing I want and then I just save up until I can afford the thing. That way I never have to settle. Plus I honestly have no idea what these things run. I don't expect it to be cheap. :)

I need to get like an upper limit.
Seriously, in the world of HiFi audio you can get anything from 30 to 3000 bucks with no problem.

Just tell me: "I don't want to spend more than x".

I quite like my fairly recently purchased Plantronic 380s, they're a bargain. The sound isn't super HiFi but it's alright, the mic likewise, good for gaming, but probably not for VLOGs on youtube.

My main requirement when I bought them was comfort, and they deliver.

The pair I'd purchased just previously, Syba PC200-I, I couldn't use because of how uncomfortable they were. The (detachable) mic was absolutely superb though, crystal clear, crisp. If you got another headset with detachable mic and the mic was shit, it might even be worth buying these just for the mic. It's that good. Shame the headset is unwearable(specifically the idiotic flat top design of the "arc" presses harshly into the scalp, to the point of pain).

TheSniperFan:

ZZoMBiE13:

I need to get like an upper limit.
Seriously, in the world of HiFi audio you can get anything from 30 to 3000 bucks with no problem.

Just tell me: "I don't want to spend more than x".

Wow. OK then, keep it at a grand or under. Is that too vague? Ideally, I guess I'd target 5-700, but would be willing to go higher if there was a perceived tangible value.

I have a weird sense of monetary value, I know. But I literally spent more on my computer than I did on my car (The car was used and we restored it while the computer was new and top of the line, but still).

ZZoMBiE13:
Wow. OK then, keep it at a grand or under. Is that too vague? Ideally, I guess I'd target 5-700, but would be willing to go higher if there was a perceived tangible value.

I have a weird sense of monetary value, I know. But I literally spent more on my computer than I did on my car (The car was used and we restored it while the computer was new and top of the line, but still).

(Probably) the last question:
Do you have a dedicated soundcard in your PC already?
I ask this because in the worst case you'll need to buy headphones, headphone amplifier, soundcard (for proper surround sound on your PC) and a mixamp (for proper surround on your consoles).

In that case all of it together would cost slightly above 700$.

TheSniperFan:

ZZoMBiE13:

I ask this because in the worst case you'll need to buy headphones, headphone amplifier, soundcard (for proper surround sound on your PC) and a mixamp (for proper surround on your consoles).

No, it's a laptop. A big burly gaming laptop. :)

Headphone jack is all it have for sound, though I do have it run through a speaker with a subwoofer, but I guess that's not relevant.

ZZoMBiE13:

TheSniperFan:

ZZoMBiE13:

Headphone jack is all it have for sound, though I do have it run through a speaker with a subwoofer, but I guess that's not relevant.

Then you're probably best off with an external DAC/soundcard that supports 5.1/7.1 through USB or firewire. Unfortunately I'm not really an expert in that area and can't provide any recommendations or information on their quality.

TheSniperFan:

ZZoMBiE13:

Question from me, I ordered some head phones I want to use for my PC/PS[3|4] and wanted to know if it's worth getting a 5.1 usb dac for my headphones. I ask because I plan on ripping my blurays with everything intact and a lot of my movies have 5.1 surround sound.

BoredRolePlayer:
Question from me, I ordered some head phones I want to use for my PC/PS[3|4] and wanted to know if it's worth getting a 5.1 usb dac for my headphones. I ask because I plan on ripping my blurays with everything intact and a lot of my movies have 5.1 surround sound.

Do you have proper (read: stereo) headphones?
If so, you need a DAC to get surround sound out of your headphones. Usually I'd recommend you the Astro Mixamp, because it's very popular with console gamers. However, it doesn't support DTS which most movies use. For gaming yay, for movies not quite perfect.
Frankly, I don't know any that do support DTS.
You'll still get surround (if you disable DTS) and it's affordable, so you'll probably want to check it out anyway.
For PCs getting a soundcard is the preferred option.

ZZoMBiE13:

That will make it cheaper since we'll just scrap the soundcard. You'll just use the Mixamp for your consoles and PC gaming.

First the mixamp, because you'll need it either way:
Astro Mixamp Pro (130$)

Now the headphone+amp combination itself:

In the end it comes down to what is more important to you.
The HiFiMan has the edge in terms of fun.
The AKG has the edge when it comes to finding out where your enemies are lurking.
The HiFiMan sounds great with pretty much anything.
The AKG sounds "mindblowingly fantastic" with some music (like classical and orchestral), and "okay" with others.
The HiFiMan is slightly fatiguing and less comfortable.
The AKG is very relaxed and more comfortable. so you can wear it for longer sessions without any problems.

The best possible situation would be if you were able to test both of them before purchasing. It's quite a bit of money after all.

I hope this helps.

TheSniperFan:
snip

First of all, thank you. I know looking all that stuff up had to take a time investment, and I really do appreciate it.

Secondly, the HiFiMan looks like exactly what I was wanting. A good all around set that I can use with multiple devices. I don't know how you know all this stuff, but I appreciate the time it must have taken to write all that stuff up. And more than that, I appreciate the willingness to help. Thanks again. :)

Seriously? This far into the discussion and no one has posted "that" link?

Looking for headphones for gaming? Want to know which ones are good for what purpose?

YOU'RE WELCOME.

TheSniperFan:

BoredRolePlayer:

Do you have proper (read: stereo) headphones?
If so, you need a DAC to get surround sound out of your headphones. Usually I'd recommend you the Astro Mixamp, because it's very popular with console gamers. However, it doesn't support DTS which most movies use. For gaming yay, for movies not quite perfect.
Frankly, I don't know any that do support DTS.
You'll still get surround (if you disable DTS) and it's affordable, so you'll probably want to check it out anyway.
For PCs getting a soundcard is the preferred option.

ZZoMBiE13:

That will make it cheaper since we'll just scrap the soundcard. You'll just use the Mixamp for your consoles and PC gaming.

First the mixamp, because you'll need it either way:
Astro Mixamp Pro (130$)

Now the headphone+amp combination itself:

In the end it comes down to what is more important to you.
The HiFiMan has the edge in terms of fun.
The AKG has the edge when it comes to finding out where your enemies are lurking.
The HiFiMan sounds great with pretty much anything.
The AKG sounds "mindblowingly fantastic" with some music (like classical and orchestral), and "okay" with others.
The HiFiMan is slightly fatiguing and less comfortable.
The AKG is very relaxed and more comfortable. so you can wear it for longer sessions without any problems.

The best possible situation would be if you were able to test both of them before purchasing. It's quite a bit of money after all.

I hope this helps.

Well I ordered these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVLUR54/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I might check out the astro because my PS3 and PC are right next to each other

Scars Unseen:

Looking for headphones for gaming? Want to know which ones are good for what purpose?

YOU'RE WELCOME.

That is indeed one of the sources I used.
I didn't want to post it here, because this guide requires you to know quite a bit about headphones already. It's also just a first step since it doesn't cover music tastes.
I just thought that such a long list would be overwhelming for someone who is new to all this, so I worked through it for him.

BoredRolePlayer:
Well I ordered these
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVLUR54/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Well as I said. The mixamp (or similar devices) are the only way of getting surround sound from your PS3 on your headphones.
You can use it on your PC too. You'll just have to switch cables all the time (and hope that the configuration does not reset each time).

ZZoMBiE13:
First of all, thank you. I know looking all that stuff up had to take a time investment, and I really do appreciate it.

Secondly, the HiFiMan looks like exactly what I was wanting. A good all around set that I can use with multiple devices. I don't know how you know all this stuff, but I appreciate the time it must have taken to write all that stuff up. And more than that, I appreciate the willingness to help. Thanks again. :)

I knew you were going to take the HiFiMan.
It was important for me to give you options. I had three, but the third one couldn't directly compare to those two.

Why am I doing this? Why not?
Whenever I read about gaming headsets or people wanting to buy gaming headsets, I feel obliged to post that they are shit.
I know that, those who considering buying them don't.
If someone asks for details, I happily provide.
If someone says that I'm just talking out of my ass, I happily prove them wrong. :)

How I know all this? It's a hobby of mine. Quite an expensive hobby as you see. Being a student I can just dream of what I just recommended you. xD

TheSniperFan:

Scars Unseen:

YOU'RE WELCOME.

I didn't want to post it here, because this guide requires you to know quite a bit about headphones already. It's also just a first step since it doesn't cover music tastes.
I just thought that such a long list would be overwhelming for someone who is new to all this, so I worked through it for him.

BoredRolePlayer:
Well I ordered these

Well as I said. The mixamp (or similar devices) are the only way of getting surround sound from your PS3 on your headphones.
You can use it on your PC too. You'll just have to switch cables all the time (and hope that the configuration does not reset each time).

ZZoMBiE13:

I knew you were going to take the HiFiMan.
It was important for me to give you options. I had three, but the third one couldn't directly compare to those two.

Why am I doing this? Why not?
Whenever I read about gaming headsets or people wanting to buy gaming headsets, I feel obliged to post that they are shit.
I know that, those who considering buying them don't.
If someone asks for details, I happily provide.
If someone says that I'm just talking out of my ass, I happily prove them wrong. :)

How I know all this? It's a hobby of mine. Quite an expensive hobby as you see. Being a student I can just dream of what I just recommended you. xD

Well I was just wondering, I read up on that mix amp and my mother board, seems I would need two opitcal cables one for each system so I don't have to dig behind my machines each time.

TheSniperFan:

Scars Unseen:

YOU'RE WELCOME.

One of the things I like about that list is that it doesn't require you to know much of anything about headphones. Knowing more will let you get more out of it, sure, but it's quite easy to just look at the price range you're comfortable with and then do a basic ratings comparison arranged by someone who already did the legwork. If you want to be at the top of your game in multiplayer shooters and the like, pay more attention to the competitive rating; if you are more interested in a visceral experience, look more at the fun rating. Then you can read more into it if you want to.

As for music tastes, well honestly, no guide is going to help much with that except on a very basic level. It's just too subjective for anything other than actually demoing a pair to really do justice. The best you can do is provide info on basic traits(bass heavy, balanced, etc), and Mad Lust Envy's reviews do that just fine.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64770)