It's Not Cosplay

Pages 1 2 NEXT

It's Not Cosplay

It's important to maintain a theme.

Read Full Article

I'm not sure that Dark Souls outfit is practical. You need to make sure your fingers have full range of motion if you want to survive.

And I come to this strip a matter of days after re-watching the first two Patlabor movies and right after listening to the first ost. Excuse me while I squee my lungs out ^_^.

I don't think it's possible to see out of that gimp mask. Or is that the best way to play Dark Souls II?

Patlabor! FUCK VIZ for discontinuing there release of the manga, those bastards.

Now to get back to re-watching the TV series.

Love the Patlabor Officer Uniform, even if the Titanfall devs are being complete douchebags about the obvious japanese giant robot influences on the Titans...

Loved the cosplay of Titanfall and Metal Gear, Dark Souls cosplay pretty much nails it since that's how I see Dark Souls as a game where you gimp yourself and love the torture and pain and yet enjoy it and want to get beaten more.

Which is mostly why I'll never touch that game and it's not remotely my cup of tea, I'd rather prefer TF and MG this march though.

Edit: guess we can call this a /Dark Souls thread from now on.

You know, most of us get immersed without costumes. ...or maybe that's just me.

warmachine:
I don't think it's possible to see out of that gimp mask. Or is that the best way to play Dark Souls II?

Well for the first few tries, it cannot hurt I guess. In Dark Souls you are pretty much going to fail anyway.

Thunderous Cacophony:
I'm not sure that Dark Souls outfit is practical. You need to make sure your fingers have full range of motion if you want to survive.

Latex is remarkably nonrestrictive.

Can't say I have ever gone full immersion like this. I think I once wore a Spiderman shirt when I played Maximum Carnage on my snes as a kid.

It would take more time to find and wear that Snake costume than to finish GZ.

DAT Dark Souls costume. More amazing that the fact she's wearing one, is the fact that she had it in the first place...

I don't know if I'd play south park in a Kenny costume. Y'know. Because he always dies? Bad for morale.

warmachine:

The point is that Dark Souls II is going to fuck you and there's nothing you can do about it. That you have to do exactly what it wants or it'll punish you, you are its bitch.

Soooo, do you want to play a game?

warmachine:

It probably wouldn't hurt her chances much.

But to be truly accurate, it should probably be on fire.

008Zulu:

Thunderous Cacophony:

This top tip brought to you by latex unlimited, live the dream!

OT, thanks for the mental image/ nightmare of Dark Soul players in a gimp suit!

Hah, I knew you had to be a bit of a masochist to play Dark Souls! Also, I got a kick oout of Erin in Kenny's parka, I dunno why.

She forgot Thief. Or is that because she's a console gaming scrub?

Yep, sums it up perfectly with what Erin's wearing when playing Dark Souls 2.

Though, I don't even know how anyone can see through that thing lol.

warmachine:

Well, at least you can't SEE yourself getting pwned, lol.

That last panel brings the whole gag home.

008Zulu:

Thunderous Cacophony:

Can't say I have ever gone full immersion like this. I think I once wore a Spiderman shirt when I played Maximum Carnage on my snes as a kid.

Depends on how thick it is.

*Slow clap*

Well played, good sir. Now I have root beer all over my laptop.

Couple of modifications and the Dark Souls one would fit for Dungeon Keeper as well.

Patlabor, Kenny, Big Boss, and a gimp because Dark Souls II makes you it's BITCH! God I love it.

Well, I screamed and karate chopped my screen once when playing Street Fighter IV, even though I wasn't in costume. Does that count?

The safe-word is Solaire.

Besides it's not that hard, I beat Capra Demon on my first try. Ahahahahaaa. *smug* *smug*

You know all these things I've come across lately that have reminded me that Dark Souls is a thing hasn't really helped me cope with the fact that DS 2 is still about a month away, maybe more since I play on PC.

I'm not sure where to bring this up, so I'll do it here - since yesterday, a whole bunch of non-Critical Miss stuff (but stuff still hosted on Escapist Magazine) has been coming up in the Critical Miss RSS feed. Somebody over there is crossposting stuff like crazy.

Every last second of the past several weeks has been a blunt reminded by the gods that I need to "get over myself" and give Dark Souls a try. People keep mentioning it in comics, online, even in passing at the local Walmart and Gamestop.

... I'm scared to commit.

Grimh:

Besides it's not that hard, I beat Capra Demon on my first try. Ahahahahaaa. *smug* *smug*

You know all these things I've come across lately that have reminded me that Dark Souls is a thing hasn't really helped me cope with the fact that DS 2 is still about a month away, maybe more since I play on PC.

Your profile picture is too relevant, sir...

Now I like the way Erin thinks. And her Dark Souls II outfit? Kinky!

Vie:
Couple of modifications and the Dark Souls one would fit for Dungeon Keeper as well.

Original or Mobile?

I can't believe I didn't get that last panel, I'm surprised I still have a shred of innocence left.

I'm not sure about the Kenny outfit, unless it unlocks a cheat code for infinite lives.

I don't understand the Dark Souls outfit... I... don't get it.
I'm reading it's a gimp costume but... what?

Grimh:

But it's not that hard.
There are so many people in this thread already saying "it will make you it's bitch" and I really don't understand it.

I consistently underpowered myself and never found it particularly hard. That's not to say I never died, that would be absurd, but there's many a solution to every problem and if you pay attention and learn the mechanics you'll find your way.
By 'underpowered myself' I mean I never used a shield until very recently (and having used one, I found they make several enemies pointlessly easy, e.g. Lower Undead Berg dogs. I've no idea how they could even damage you using a shield), relying on backstabbing and dodging for defense, and every build has always been set to a pretty strict theme, to the point where I would refuse to two-hand a Zweihander so I can off-hand a Caestus (and because the Zweihander felt too small for the character to two-hand, tbh).

It certainly challenges you, but it's nothing like the levels people describe here and elsewhere and I doubt they're talking about NG+7... I've never understood it.

Zachary Amaranth:

warmachine:

It probably wouldn't hurt her chances much.

But to be truly accurate, it should probably be on fire.

I always thought of Dark Souls as a game of extreme caution when you need plenty of consideration for your actions. Perhaps she should be playing it inside an iron maiden.

It took some time til i came to realization what's with DS outfit.

Then i laughed.

OT: Personally, when it comes to immersion, I limit myself to playing games like Thief at night.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here