Escapist News Now: How to Get Pokemon X and Y Free

How to Get Pokemon X and Y Free

If you're a Club Nintendo member and you register your 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS system along with 1 of six corresponding games, you'll get a free code for either Pokemon X or Y.

Watch Video

Huh, I already have a 3DS and two of those six games (as well as Pokemon X), wonder if I can get a second digital copy free through this? Must test this out tomorrow.

Well...I could really use this for an LP since I'm eventually gonna LP Pokemon X (I have Y as my main file), but this is still a good deal.
Now Nintendo...give a deal for people to buy a Wii U please, or some sort of Ambassador program would be nice seeing as I bought the thing before the damned price drop a week later. >.>

Is...this Globally? Or just US?

Edit: Sod it. Nintendo of America. I assume that means no love for Europe. Balls.

JoJo:
Huh, I already have a 3DS and two of those six games (as well as Pokemon X), wonder if I can get a second digital copy free through this? Must test this out tomorrow.

I think you can if you haven't registered your console yet. That is the part that is likely to trip some people up. I registered my 3DS back in October, so unless I want to go buy a 2DS for the promotion, that ship has sailed for me.

That kind of sucks, I only bought one last month and I have one of those games. It's games with gold all over again, loyal long time customers who deserve rewards get nothing :(

(I know I said I only got the 3DS last month but I have a lot of other Nintendo stuff before some smart ass points that out).

Charli:
Is...this Globally? Or just US?

Edit: Sod it. Nintendo of America. I assume that means no love for Europe. Balls.

We got a similar offer in November, but it was for Super Mario 3D Land :(

Hmmm... I almost might try it. I wonder if there would be a benefit to getting a digital copy as well as the physical copy I own. I also need to expand my 3DS library beyond just one game.

Let's see how much money is around in March.

I heard about this. I thought it was a rumour. I'm very tempted to buy a 3ds now.

So...if I've already registered my 3DS, am I out of luck here?

Uratoh:
So...if I've already registered my 3DS, am I out of luck here?

According to the contest rules, yes. It says only systems purchased and registered between 3/1/14 and 3/31/14.

Well, thanks for telling me I'm not eligible because I already registered my device BEFORE I went out and bought one of those games so I could 100% my pokedex. I'll shake my fist at Nintendo and curse the day I was born now...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here