Jim & Yahtzee's Rhymedown Spectacular: The Field Medic

The Field Medic

Put on your poetry hats and join two of the greatest wordsmiths of our generation as they fill your ears with verse.

Watch Video

Thanks for taking the time to put something up Jim.

Phoning it in or not Jim that was good for something I assume was rushed (given the time constraints).

Was Yahtzee's poem insulting both modern military and old school shooters? Seemed like it to me.

That's all right, Jim. Burning the candles at both ends can be taxing for anyone. Hope you're able to stay on course without having to sacrifice a majority of your job or real life.

Jim's poem brings up an interesting point... while I love the Rhymedown, after the first few weeks it seems like Jim's is almost always mocking viewers, moaning about having to much stuff to do, or simply acknowledged as non-existent. It's had me thinking for a while now why Jim even bothers to keep doing it?

I've got nothing against it really, but it did beg the question for me. Would anyone else be interested in having the Rhymedown open up to other Escapist employees? It would certainly let up the pressure for people, like Jim in this case, who get screwed by schedules. I'd also love to see other content makers perhaps get more exposure, and the added variety of the verse certainly wouldn't go amiss - as much as I enjoy the two fellows, they definitely each follow a 'formula' of sorts.

Konami still give Jim review copies?

I'm kinda shocked.

TiberiusEsuriens:
Jim's poem brings up an interesting point... while I love the Rhymedown, after the first few weeks it seems like Jim's is almost always mocking viewers, moaning about having to much stuff to do, or simply acknowledged as non-existent. It's had me thinking for a while now why Jim even bothers to keep doing it?

I've got nothing against it really, but it did beg the question for me. Would anyone else be interested in having the Rhymedown open up to other Escapist employees? It would certainly let up the pressure for people, like Jim in this case, who get screwed by schedules. I'd also love to see other content makers perhaps get more exposure, and the added variety of the verse certainly wouldn't go amiss - as much as I enjoy the two fellows, they definitely each follow a 'formula' of sorts.

But how will everyone get their weekly double dose of Jim and Yahtzee's voices?

I actually think it might work. I'm sure Bob Chipman can turn a verse or two given the chance, and it would be nice to have some themes beyond videogames explored in the poetry.

Thanks for presenting me an opportunity to plug my favourite webcomic ever Concerned Half life and death of Gordon Frohman. There was a strip exactly like Yahtzees today poem. Without further ado here it is:
http://www.screencuisine.net/hlcomic/index.php?date=2006-06-30

Sympathies, Jim. It happens. Thanks for taking the time, anyway.

Great work, Yahtzee, as always. Maybe the last guy just needs some PILLZ HERE!!

Sometimes, Jim, the truth can make the best rhymes of all. Good luck on all of your work and don't stress yourself out too much! ^.^

Even when confessing to phoning it in at the last minute, Jim's on a roll. I could make do with less vitriol heaved in our direction, and maybe more from other Escapist staff.

Evonisia:
Phoning it in or not Jim that was good for something I assume was rushed (given the time constraints).

Was Yahtzee's poem insulting both modern military and old school shooters? Seemed like it to me.

I think the parts about health-kits healing everything were celebrating how handy those things are, before that big buzzkill "realism" started creeping in, making Player Characters die within a few hits and making them hide behind chest high walls (which he also wrote a poem about). It's well known that he HATES modern FPS's, a.k.a Spunkgargleweewee.

Well Jim I expected more from you. And you don't have my sympathy, but I still thank God for you!
Yahtzee's bit was solid, but the question is which is better med kits or regenerating health?

Mmmmrhhhmifffft!

Damn it Jim, I know you're under some kind of NDA but taunting me with the Stick of Truth isn't fair!

4:06 Well, you've got mine. I understand if you simply don't have the time.

Jim wins through the power of meta!

Well BRAVO Jim! Truly a great idea to make a poem, through apologizing that there is none. This will be one of my favorite pieces in the series.
And Yahtzee as usual shines with his talent for words, he must be paining for the Fjords

Don't worry Jim, we know your job isn't easy.
It would be a horror for me
with my lack of originality (that rhymed :D)
Having watched Yahtzee's Zero Punctuation and now this I'm wondering whether you two still enjoy playing those games or if they just become a task to be completed.

I actually like Jim's more than Yatzees! And I thought Yat had an amazing last line that left me laughing my ass off! But Jim, not being sarcastic I'm being serious, was just cynical and self-aware enough that I got a real kick from it.
Bravo both of you!

I've often wondered how Jim finds the time to write reviews, do podcasts, let's plays, and 3 video series...

When I think about the amount of time it would take to research for and write just the Jimquisition, I don't think I could do Jim's work, even if I had triple the time he does.

so long as it rhymes, Jim :)

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here