Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Review

Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti Review

The Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti is a decent upgrade for people with older video cards.

Read Full Article

Look at the FAN on that thing! It looks like something you could shove a Bond villain into!

Thanks for the review.

AMD still has the best bang for buck GPU. Their cards tend to offers more performance in the same price range. I'm surprised that Nvidia still holds the majority of the GPU gaming market. It's not like one company is so much better than the other. But one actually offers a lot cheaper products of same quality. So unless you're really digging the ridiculously low TDP on the 750Ti, there's no real reason to get one.

making the 750 Ti a solid $750 offering.

I shudder to think what the 760 costs, then...

XD

Adam Jensen:
AMD still has the best bang for buck GPU. Their cards tend to offers more performance in the same price range. I'm surprised that Nvidia still holds the majority of the GPU gaming market. It's not like one company is so much better than the other. But one actually offers a lot cheaper products of same quality. So unless you're really digging the ridiculously low TDP on the 750Ti, there's no real reason to get one.

For some people graphical power isn't want they want, I know several friends that are looking at using this card as a base for a HTPC and a little more graphical power would be nice, but they are building computers that they don't want a large power draw or the size of the card itself provides better airflow then a standard video card.

Edit: At times there are other reasons, such as I just found out that a lot of the mini-atx/itx boards don't support ATI cards so most people just buy nVidia for the small form factor PC market.

Sanunes:
For some people graphical power isn't want they want, I know several friends that are looking at using this card as a base for a HTPC and a little more graphical power would be nice, but they are building computers that they don't want a large power draw or the size of the card itself provides better airflow then a standard video card.

This is exactly how I'm trying to keep building upon my PC, I want the best low profile experience I can get, I'd buy a 760 Ti if I'd want to, but I'm liking these new cards that doesn't require a PCI-E cable to function, also they're quiet and they don't burst out in flames (it gets especially hot around these parts this time of the year), so I'm really glad both AMD and Nvidia are making more of these kind of video cards.

The killer here that really can't be stressed enough is that it doesn't need an external PCI-E connection from the PSU. It gets all its power from the PCI-E slot on the motherboard. The level of performance the 750Ti puts out for having that attribute about it really is a standout thing. nVidia are aggressively pushing this market, one that AMD has typically been fairly comfortable in. Of course, this is only good for the consumers. More competition!

Adam Jensen:

I take it that you're completely out of touch with what has happened to AMD card prices in USA due to BitCoin miners over the last ~1 year? It's not even a question now of which offers the best bang for the buck.

In any case, people have personal experiences (good or bad) with products that can push or pull them from companies/brands. That's how it always is.

I used to love AMD cards but jumped ship to nVidia several years ago when I had particularly bad experiences with AMD drivers during the HD5770 and HD6870 era. This was back when AMD still didn't have a dedicated driver/software team and it was generally known that troubleshooting driver issues could become a huge pain.
Obviously AMD have come a long way since then, but lately with the increase of PhysX in games and introduction of ShadowPlay (it is AWESOME) has kept me in the nVidia camp.

This is the card I plan to get, it'll be amazing compared to my intel HD4000 integrated graphics card I have at the moment.

Thank you for the review. Please keep going and make this a thing. Of all the aspects of PC gaming I'm unfamiliar with, my ignorance of hardware quality is by far the most embarrassing.

Adam Jensen:

- physx.
- extras like shadow capture.
- lower heat output.
- higher power ceiling.
- better driver support.
- more support for the extras in gaming.

and the best part: NO BITCOIN MINERS.

AMD is used by bitcoiners and that takes up the majority of the supply. Some cards of the R series jumped up to 800$ for high demand. You might as well get a 780 TI for that price.

Nvidia is awful for mining, and that makes them the more attractive offer with all the bells and whistles. With AMD, you get what you pay for. Which isn't much.

Ultratwinkie:

Adam Jensen:

- physx.
- lower heat output.
- higher power ceiling.
- better driver support.

AMD is used by bitcoiners and that takes up the majority of the supply. Some cards of the R series jumped up to 800$ for high demand. You might as well get a 780 TI for that price.

Nvidia is awful for mining, and that makes them the more attractive offer with all the bells and whistles. With AMD, you get what you pay for. Which isn't much.

The 750 ti is actually very good for mining and might possibly be the best bang for buck gpu for mining right now because of the low power usage.

Glad you all are digging the reviews so far! Keep reading, and I'll keep writing. ^___^
-Devin

Ultratwinkie:

This exact reason is why I might switch to Nvidia for my next card upgrade. I got an HD7950 (Fucking fantastic card btw) right before the miners figured out how great it was for mining for right around $280. I was thinking about throwing in another one and doing a crossfire setup but because of the huge bitcoin movement the prices of the 7950 jumped up to right around $400-$500. For that money I might as well buy a higher end card.

Ultratwinkie:

Adam Jensen:

- physx.
- lower heat output.
- higher power ceiling.
- better driver support.

You forgot CUDA which has been an easy to develop for godsend when it comes to CGI rendering! OpenCL unfortunately was too difficult to implement into Blender 3D and so only CUDA is available for the foreseeable future. The GTX 790 has me particularly excited with its nearly 5000 CUDA cores and 5GB per gpu so that putting three of these into my computer would be the equivalent of 12 GTX 670s (I know that SLI only works with two of these but blender does not need them to be in order for them to work, in fact everything renders faster without it). Assuming of course they do not deliberately gimp it to make their Quadro cards artificially look more appealing.

My own personal tests show that barring the 500 series beastly number crunching, the 600 series up scales one to one in terms of performance relative to CUDA count, ie. 3000 CUDA cores render twice as fast as 1500 (Titan Black/780TI vs GTX 670) and like I said I hope that holds true with the 790.

Ultratwinkie:

So that is what happened! I kept hearing things about AMD being affected by bitcoining but I never knew it was that bad.

Good thing I snapped up a 650 Ti Boost while they were still in stock. They seem to have higher numbers all around. Not sure if that translates into a better benchmark, though.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here