Unskippable: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Unfortunately, there are parts of AC4: Black Flag that have a severe lack of pirates and high seas adventure.

Watch Video

How -do- Ubisoft Montreals offices look like?

Well then.. Uncanny.

On the main page, the title of the video is "Assassom", which made me think this was going to be another outrageous JRPG.

OT: What is the point of the wireless elevator? I really can't see that being any more safe than a regular elevator with standard buttons (and a keypad if you need to get to restricted floors), and it's a lot more convenient to have a regular one if your not-iPad runs out of batteries and you need to go down to your car to get the charge cable.

Thunderous Cacophony:
On the main page, the title of the video is "Assassom", which made me think this was going to be another outrageous JRPG.

I noticed that too, I'm guessing it's some sort of typo that they'll probably fix later?

EDIT: In fact they did so in the past few minutes :)

Also

Nikolaz72:
How -do- Ubisoft Montreals offices look like?

Well then.. Uncanny.

Yeah, and the skyline outside the Abstergo tower is pretty much Montreal, with a few changes.

Thunderous Cacophony:

I thought they've dug up some obscure indie game only so they could spend 6 minutes doing ass jokes.

OT: Those Screed "modern-day" faces... Yeah, I'm not getting used to them anytime soon.

I've heard leveling up dual class is much harder, is it true?

P.S. Pirate is a class, right?

P.P.S. With this rate I assume AC5 will be about hobo that finds hoodie that kinda reminds clothes of previous assassins. And then he gets drugged up and simply starts killing people for no particular reason. And without any explanation of his amazing skills.

P.P.P.S. Actually that kinda reminds Postal. But with hoodie.

Thunderous Cacophony:

OT: What is the point of the wireless elevator? I really can't see that being any more safe than a regular elevator with standard buttons (and a keypad if you need to get to restricted floors), and it's a lot more convenient to have a regular one if your not-iPad runs out of batteries and you need to go down to your car to get the charge cable.

I guess it makes the restricted floors easier, people don't have to remember a key number it just appears on their tablet. You can have guests with special access without having to greet them or have them memorise a number (or give them a physical key)... but I can't see that being useful enough compared to the disadvantage of having your tablet batteries run out.

On the other hand
1) It makes the offices feel cool and future-y
and
2) You can spy on your employees better

Alfador_VII:

Thunderous Cacophony:

I noticed that too, I'm guessing it's some sort of typo that they'll probably fix later?

EDIT: In fact they did so in the past few minutes :)

I actually tought that was some subtle commentary at how they kept staring at her ass. But the Om part would not make sense.

There WAS a considerable amount of poligon ass looking in that scene, though, so I'll just call this Ass-Ass-in's Creed in my head and settle it.

BrotherRool:

Thunderous Cacophony:

I guess it makes the restricted floors easier, people don't have to remember a key number it just appears on their tablet. You can have guests with special access without having to greet them or have them memorise a number (or give them a physical key)... but I can't see that being useful enough compared to the disadvantage of having your tablet batteries run out.

On the other hand
and

It could be done simpler
Elevator have only buttons for floors with no restriction
To get on restricted floors you need some wireless device
Everybody wins.

blackrave:

BrotherRool:

Thunderous Cacophony:

On the other hand
and

It could be done simpler
Everybody wins.

But then you couldn't spy on your employees!

(Although I imagine that's actually happening in the game and is a reason for the devices. They are Templars after all. I also imagine that probably happens with some real employee wireless devices.)

BrotherRool:

blackrave:

It could be done simpler
Everybody wins.

(Although I imagine that's actually happening in the game and is a reason for the devices. They are Templars after all. I also imagine that probably happens with some real employee wireless devices.)

Um, cameras?
Also buttons could be fingerprint scanners
Not a worker- no elevator for you
And record could show who pressed when what

blackrave:

Um, cameras?
Also buttons could be fingerprint scanners
Not a worker- no elevator for you
And record could show who pressed when what

In that case though, tablets are probably cheaper and more efficient. Buttons on a lift work better than tablets, tablets work better than fingerprint scanners. If you want to keep track of where all your employees are at all times, a tablet could give you the position of any employee instantly (providing they needed them to open doors), whereas you'd have to visually scan through every camera.

Making people wear security badges with a wireless tag would be best of all though. If the lift doesn't move unless someone with a tag is in it, but then they press a physical button to choose a floor

BrotherRool:

In that case though, tablets are probably cheaper and more efficient. Buttons on a lift work better than tablets, tablets work better than fingerprint scanners. If you want to keep track of where all your employees are at all times, a tablet could give you the position of any employee instantly (providing they needed them to open doors), whereas you'd have to visually scan through every camera.

Making people wear security badges with a wireless tag would be best of all though. If the lift doesn't move unless someone with a tag is in it, but then they press a physical button to choose a floor

Wait, you're talking about real life?
I was talking about hypothetical evil corporation in some game.
I know it's personal, but I must ask.
Are you planning of recreating Umbrella corporation in real life or something?

Pirate-assassin? No, by the stuff you do in AC, your just a sea-assassin or assasSEAn.

blackrave:

BrotherRool:

...no...
I think that's how a denial works right? On an unrelated note, would you like to come work for my company? We have free injections

blackrave:

BrotherRool:

...no...
I think that's how a denial works right? On an unrelated note, would you like to come work for my company? We have free injections

To you both. I had a tour with my class in a radio station, a big one with some 100 km radius (swr), ten fifteen years ago and they had pretty much what brotherrool descript. The magnet-chips were programmable and the company cellphones made sure to be reachable.

BrotherRool:

I can't see that being useful enough compared to the disadvantage of having your tablet batteries run out.

In a building where everyone uses tablets? Their power-sockets have most likely usb-ports and every cubic a tablet charging station.

captcha: you're not listening

BrotherRool:

blackrave:

...no...

Depends
Do I get to design safety protocols?
If yes, then sign me in.

On an also unrelated note- I have no prior experience on safety measures and I hate people, especially my co-workers.

I suppose having everybody be French is a delightful alternative to having everybody be American.

BrotherRool:

blackrave:

BrotherRool:

On the other hand
and

It could be done simpler
Everybody wins.

Spying on employees sounds like peanuts compared to what they do to suspected hackers.

OT: I was wondering when & how Paul & Graham would do AC IV, and this was excellent! You had some real laugh out loud moments, like the guy doing the bad pirate impression and going "OW!" with the earpiece. As for this being the "future", it's not. According to Assassin's Creed: Initiates, their timeline shows its set in November of 2013, 1 year after the start of the last game. Also, who did play AC III: Liberation?

Number 7? That's numberwang.

Numberday is the best day.

I'm from the Montreal Region and mostly francophone, but I had the same reaction as them when I heard he speak French. More surprised then afraid though.

Also, the view you get from the CEO's office, totally the view you get from the Montreal Olympic Stadium, and also almost the same one I have from my office, working 10 minutes away from that place, altough it appears to have been demolished in the game :(

This was my favourite Unskippable in a while. Probably because I've actually played this, and I remember thinking the level of meta in it would make for some great comedy.

You didn't disappoint.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here