Escapist News Now: Batman: Arkham Knight Coming 2014

Batman: Arkham Knight Coming 2014

Warner Bros. revealed the next installment in the Arkham franchise: Batman Arkham Knight. Developed by Rocksteady Studios, the powerhouse developer behind Arkham Asylum and Arkham City, comes the next phase for the caped crusader.

Watch Video

Great, and I thought Dark Souls 2 was going to be the only must-play game for me this year...

Now, I like to think I'm a level-headed man who acts and thinks rationally.

But:

Holy fuck. Rocksteady making an Arkham game with Next-Gen tech and it being the series finale with the Scarecrow getting a day in the limelight? Don't make an incredible sounding game what ever you do.

Am I the only one who is still too pissed about arkham orgins to buy another arkham game?

Doesn't this more or less confirm that Arkham Origins was a cheap cash-in? That the Arkham franchise is really Rocksteady's (probable) trilogy, and the last game should be forgotten as soon as possible?

Matthewmagic:
Am I the only one who is still too pissed about arkham orgins to buy another arkham game?

mjharper:
Doesn't this more or less confirm that Arkham Origins was a cheap cash-in? That the Arkham franchise is really Rocksteady's (probable) trilogy, and the last game should be forgotten as soon as possible?

Rocksteady had nothing to do with Origins, though. And this game is gonna be developed entirely by them. This has the potential to be AMAZING and it'll definitely be under watchful eyes from everyone who was a fan of City and Asylum.

Matthewmagic:

No your not.

My only thought after watching this story was, "so they have worked out that after Origins they can only count on milking the market for one more sequel".

Asylum was excellent, City was good but still didn't do enough to build on Asylum. Origins was a City expansion pack at best, it was lazy and just a milk of the Arkham franchise. Will this be any better? Lets put it this way, I wont be pre-ordering.

TristanBelmont:

Matthewmagic:

mjharper:

Rocksteady had nothing to do with Origins, though. And this game is gonna be developed entirely by them. This has the potential to be AMAZING and it'll definitely be under watchful eyes from everyone who was a fan of City and Asylum.

True. I hope your right because I want to have another Batman experience of the quality of Asylum not Origins.

Looking forward to this.

I do wonder if you can just drive through the bad guys, like it's GTA out there. Will the city be devoid of civilians again? Probably. Should be a great story though. The character count appears to be small, like it was on Arkham Island.

And it's Tier1 hardware only, so that gives one hope for more elaborate mechanics and worlds.

Great reveal trailer IMHO.

Razorback0z:

TristanBelmont:

Matthewmagic:

mjharper:

True. I hope your right because I want to have another Batman experience of the quality of Asylum not Origins.

I agree but this has become a "an expect nothing and you wont be disappointed situation. I bought Asylum based off a 10 minute video talking about it's production, I bought city based off asylum and I bought origins based off city. Now I have to buy this game based off origins, this is one I'm going to have to buy used if at all they will not fool me again.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here