Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Games Based On Cartoon Shows

Top 5 Games Based On Cartoon Shows

Lisa checks out the best cartoon video games.

Watch Video

Ah, for once I actually guess the No.1 game correctly! Road Rage was awesome!!

Dragon Ball Z Tenkaichi 2, easily my favourite cartoon based video game. Though I suppose you could technically call it a manga based one since that was first, but the game is completely based off the cartoon rather than the managa.

Dragon Ball: Final Bout was also a childhood favourite, though somehow (probably because it was so badly translated and I was so young) it never managed to spoil Dragonball Z and GT for me, only after GT finished did I realize I had played SSJ4 Goku before I even knew that Super Sayian existed.

I played the hell out of Road Rage though, I always liked Crazy Taxi in the arcades. I remember I often used to manipulate the time on my PS2 just use certain seasonal/holiday unlock characters.

... did... Lisa just wear almost all green so that her Marge Simpson visual gag at the end would work? because for the first 15 seconds of the video I was genuinely convinced that she was recording in her jammies.

Anyhoo, on topic I can't identify with most of the games on this list but as far as the various number one choices are concerned I couldn't agree more. Hit and run was hilariously good fun, getting in the rocket car, punching in the super speed cheat and watching the horizon explode!

socialmenace42:
... did... Lisa just wear almost all green so that her Marge Simpson visual gag at the end would work? because for the first 15 seconds of the video I was genuinely convinced that she was recording in her jammies.

Or it was so she could wear her "Angry Beavers" shirt, which is vaguely appropriate to the topic of the show (being a cartoon that appeared in some video games too) but hopefully not appropriate to Lisa herself. :P

You could probably make a Top Five just of Simpsons games. Konami's Simpsons arcade - in the same vein as the Turtles game at #2 - was probably the best, although I'm still fond of Bart Vs The Space Mutants.

Actually, no, because The Simpsons isn't a cartoon.

Sailor Moon got a half-respectable Final Fight-Em-Up at one point. (And a totally unrespectable one-on-one fighter.)

"We only wish that Robin would have been given a more prominent role." Said no one ever...

...Could you please slip Moviebob the memo? He doesn't seem to have gotten a copy...

Hmm... Lisa would've made a kickass April O'Neil.

I have to agree, Harvey Birdman was an awesome game (but too short). Easily a favorite of mine.

Earthworm Jim isn't on this list... What is this? I don't even...

Lorne Ros:
Earthworm Jim isn't on this list... What is this? I don't even...

Earthworm Jim is a video game series that made it into a TV series, not a TV series that made it into a video game series.

I've had so much fun playing Hit And Run, but I'm not sure if I would say it was the best cartoon based video game I have played. Disney have had some pretty amazing ones in the past.

I am happy to find somebody else loved "Harvey Birdman: The game". It is very funny, and when I am feeling a tad depressed, I'll play it because of guaranteed laughs.

As for other cartoons turned into video games:

Goof Troop on the SNES. I still have my copy (But no SNES, can't buy one until I get an apartment, so...) but that game was a load of fun! Multiplayer fun for every one, and you can hit Max or Goofy without penalty!

Inspector Gadget on the SNES. I loved this game growing up, due to my love for Inspector Gadget. The PS1 remake, not so much.

Mickey Mania - SNES. Okay, technically, it's the cinematic shorts that played in the 30s/40s, but it should still count! Mickey's Magical Quest would be awesome too, but that's just me. Or what about Magical Tetris Challenge with Mickey and friends? That has to count, it was incredibly fun!

Road Runner: Death Valley Rally - SNES. Okay... This game was very difficult to play at times, but it was ingenious to play as the Road Runner defeating the Wile Coyote in different ways with each level.

Tiny Toon Adventures: Buster Busts Loose! - Konami was up on good games, and this was one of them back in the day.

Great list. I need to visit Lisa's Lists again, It's been a long time. Loved it!

Simpson's Hit and Run! I loved Hit and Run when I was a kid!

Even managed to 100% it too.

Yeah... Hit & Run was the first open world game I really liked (because f*ck those GTA and GTA-like clones)

I don't get what is it with the hate for the new Duck Tales. Maybe my memory is a little blurry on that one, but the new game seems to play and feel exactly like the original, down to the map layout. Its, almost literally, a new coat of paint on an all time classic.

Lisa, you got the show in number 1 correct but completely missed their best game. When it comes to Simpsons games it is all about the Simpsons beat-em-up arcade game. I can't tell you the amount of time I played that one back in the day.

TheMemoman:
Hmm... Lisa would've made a kickass April O'Neil.

Agreed SO much.

Callate:

"We only wish that Robin would have been given a more prominent role." Said no one ever...

...Could you please slip Moviebob the memo? He doesn't seem to have gotten a copy...

In that game's case, it's an advertising thing. You put Robin's name in the title of a game based on a show that made Robin kick ass, you DAMN WELL BETTER make him a playable character.

I can't come up with a "good" TV cartoon based videogame, other than Harvey Birdman and Turtles in Time. Maybe the Simpsons arcade, wich along with 2007's game are the very best Simpsons games ever, all others... were pretty much like the show itself has become, a hollow parody of it's former self.

And I remember reading about that Batman & Robin game in some Club Nintendo* issue, it looked pretty neat, to say the least.

*Club Nintendo was the mexican version of Nintendo Power and it's not a cheap knockoff, Nintendo itself actually endorsed the magazine and it's still printed to this day. Crazy, I know.

Yay, recognition for Harvey Birdman!

I'm now going to have to hunt down my copy of Road Rage! Once again Lisa FOILS my attempts at being productive.

I thought it was funny...

Hit are Run was really underrated. Not that people thought it was a bad game, but just that nobody really talks about it anymore. Not only was it funny and fun to play, but the soundtrack was pretty awesome too.

Also...anyone remember the Bucky O'Hare arcade game?

I loved the list but I would have put Ducktales higher in the list and had the first TMNT as the ninja turtle game. At the time, Capcom was pumping out a lot of Disney games and had other great ones that were not as well known. My fave had to be Chip and Dale since it was basically Ducktales with co-op that worked.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here