Zero Punctuation: Strider

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Strider

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Strider.

Watch Video

I actually don't like pie, the crust is.. Unpleasant. And I am certainly not hungry after those genitalia images you put in my head.

As for the game? I never actually tried strider before, now that there is a new one I might. I do like me a bit of hacking and slashing.

Bullet hell is where all Max Payne characters go when they die.

But anyway, the images matched the audio (more in sync too) much more often than last weeks so it made the video more enjoyable. I might pick it up when I finished with Thief 'cause it looks like jolly fun (the last game which isn't the best pie but a well made and presented pie I played was Bayonetta so I feel like my chances are good).

Seems like he had a good time with it.

This sounds like it would be a game I would have rented and beaten in a drunken weekend. Now I have to justify a full purchase every time I want to get a new game, and this doesn't sound like much more than a brief distraction.

Ahh that long forgotten element to games: Fun.... It's amazing the flaws I will put up with in a game if I am having fun, i'll have to check this one out

At what point do the exploding kunai (sp) show up? If they are as gamebreaking as he says, I hope it's not until very late in the game.

Guess Yahtzee has no love for Branston Pickle anymore. :-(

SonOfVoorhees:

Or he just found a way of making a Branston Pickle pie.

I have to admit, his representations of the tiger and eagle extensions made me laugh more than I thought it would.

Grach:

SonOfVoorhees:

Or he just found a way of making a Branston Pickle pie.

Has Science gone too far?

OT: This seems like a really decent game, but I imagine I'll wait until I see it on sale at some point.

QI told me that the oiginal ninjas actually wore blue so Strider may be more up to code then you think... don't know about that scarf though, maybe it's his clan's muffty day.

I had some good laughs with this one, especially the heavy sigh and admission it was fun. I get the same way with some of the old games I admit aren't great with story or atmosphere but still an enjoyable way to kill some time.

Seems like Yahtzee is fantasizing about Kunai-lingus.

*Proudly owns up to his terrible pun and walks away*

PunkRex:
QI told me that the oiginal ninjas actually wore blue so Strider may be more up to code then you think... don't know about that scarf though, maybe it's his clan's muffty day.

The original ninjas, insofar as there was such a thing, were peasants who couldn't afford more than a couple sets of clothes all together. They wore whatever they could get their hands on.

I vaguely remember seeing this on Steam, so maybe it's worth picking it up after everyone is foolish enough to buy all of my Steam trading cards. I love turning a profit from people's wastefulness.

Another game I've never heard of... I'm reach out of touch with gaming right now aren't I? Still, good review as always and yes, all praise the almighty Pie!

Well, I just wrapped up Guacamelee, so I'm on a Metroidvania kick. I guess I'll pick this one up.

::sees DKC + arrow pointing to toilet:: Yeah you'd better not talk smack of Tropical Freeze or any DKC game if you're smart Yahtzee or I'll ruin you with my anger.

Huh, looks interesting enough. Might actually wind up giving this a shot.

Roofstone:
I actually don't like pie, the crust is.. Unpleasant.

But the juices from the meat seep into the crust and make it delicious!

TheCaptain:

Roofstone:

Who would ever put MEAT in a pie!?!

Pies are for dessert!

Is it me or was that a review as opposed to merely slagging off a game?

Thanatos2k:

TheCaptain:

Roofstone:

Who would ever put MEAT in a pie!?!

Pies are for dessert!

Pizza pie begs to differ.

Speaking of, I think I know what is for lunch today.

OT: Been playing the game here and there. It is very fun, and I recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good Metroidvania game. Though, I have to say the "ghost bird" attack Yahtzee references is actually a pretty decent attack against some enemies.

There was no mention of absurd boss enemies, like some kind of Russian political assembly that turns into a giant robot centipede, popping up every other room, so I'm going to assume this one lacks the best part of the best Strider games.

Hutzpah Chicken:
I vaguely remember seeing this on Steam, so maybe it's worth picking it up after everyone is foolish enough to buy all of my Steam trading cards. I love turning a profit from people's wastefulness.

Wait there's a use for those? at all?

tried out the demo, and it was insanely fun loll
normally hack-and-slash is something more for some of my friends and not for me, but I really liked Shadow Complex and enjoyed Strider enough that I'll likely buy it once I've some more free time in a couple of weeks or so :)

Uh-oh, did Yahtzee just say that you need to have testicles in order to be a male? Queue the pantomime dames fiasco :)

Awww man... I thought as a fan of Thief 2, he would rip the new Thief into pieces...
I was so disappointed at the reboot...

t850terminator:
Awww man... I thought as a fan of Thief 2, he would rip the new Thief into pieces...

I bet you it's coming next week :3

As an oldschool fan of this series, I thought this game was a great remake for the modern era. It combined the arcade-y action of the arcade/Sega Genesis version with just enough of the Metroidvania elements from the NES version. It was just short enough to fit into my schedule these days.

I also found the ghost companions pretty useless, but they were essentially a nod to the cyber-animal companions you got in the original arcade version.

Fun fact: I have one of Grin's old office chairs. It is now my office chair. -w-

Strider sounds rather fun *googles for pics* and it looks rather pretty too, i'd say. Might try it some day.

...so THAT'S what the clitoris looks like...

t850terminator:

He's got at least a 2 week delay between game release and episodes.

Mmh. Classic Strider was pleasantly hacky-slashy in that old fashioned action platformer sort of way, and I'm glad the remake remains as fast and as bisection-happy as ever. I slightly lament the loss of the robot animals, but that's mostly due to my fondness for the retro '80s idea of robot companions being the next big thing.

MatsVS:
...so THAT'S what the clitoris looks like...

Well, clitorises (?) are actually miniature willies. So they're kind of cilindrical I guess.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 49190)