We've Seen The Future, And It's NSFW

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

We've Seen The Future, And It's NSFW

It's all about how you see yourself.

Read Full Article

I like that. Yes, I think that could work.

Also, McDicks indeed. The quality of the food and service are nothing to write home about.

Definitely the most NSFW Critical Miss I've read so far. Good thing I wasn't at work. :P

Biggest laugh of any Critical Miss I've seen. Well played.

Shocksplicer:
Biggest laugh of any Critical Miss I've seen. Well played.

Wow, and there wasn't even an Evangelion joke!

Unless Erin got a Kid's Meal and that was the toy. Yeah I'm 90% sure that's what's happening here.

I just flashed back to Pulp Fiction so hard...

Barbas:
Also, McDicks indeed. The quality of the food and service are nothing to write home about.

You might say for a fast food service they dick around too much.

Erin is never safe for work. She doesn't need her own pronouns for that.

Can you chose a pronoun that's more than one word? I'd be tempted to go with "righteous mad bastard".

The truly sad thing is. This isn't even an exaggeration.

Case in point:

pic.twitter.com/DpdLZxXnY8- Tumblr dot TXT (@TumblrTXT) February 28, 2014

[script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"][/script]

This is not satire. I repeat. This person is 100% legitimate.

EDIT: Hmm, apparently embedding doesn't work or works differently on these forums... at least the link to the image is there.

Halyah:
Definitely the most NSFW Critical Miss I've read so far. Good thing I wasn't at work. :P

Came here to ask if I should read this at work. Got my answer.

Will read it when I get home tonight then.

Barbas:

That depends entirely on where said McDicks and the writer's home are. The ones here in Japan are pretty good on both fronts. Ever have a fried shrimp burger? They're pretty damned tasty.

IndomitableSam:

Halyah:

Nah, it's OK. They were being sarcastic.

OT: PFFFFFFFFFFyep.

My personal favorite was a Tumblr denizen who changed all their pronouns to various variations of "sailing".

Scars Unseen:

Barbas:

That depends entirely on where said McDicks and the writer's home are. The ones here in Japan are pretty good on both fronts. Ever have a fried shrimp burger? They're pretty damned tasty.

Nertz...I wish the McD's in the States could have stuff like that!

As for this comic... *looks up at LazerFX's comment* ...yeah, I flashed back to Pulp Fiction as well, but in a more awesome way.

lacktheknack:

My personal favorite was a Tumblr denizen who changed all their pronouns to various variations of "sailing".

Ok then.

Now, there are people who think it important to use gender neutral pronouns for various reasons...personally I lean towards "they", but that can mean a group.

But...I had not seen anything like that before.

lacktheknack:

IndomitableSam:

Halyah:

Ah, okay.

Thanks.

So everyone knows - it is OK to look at at work, if swearing is ok. ... If swearing isn't ok, why are you even on The Escapist at all? :p

On topic - I do so wish I could use that pronoun on coworkers all the time, other than under my breath. Constantly.

I hear that Erin's one bad mother....

VanQ:

You sure? Looking at the feed, it would appear to be quite tongue in cheek. Looking at the pic itself, I found this same thing posted several times attributed to different people. It just looks like copypasta to me, and deserving of little more than a "cool story, bro," rather than complaints that it's a legit phenomena.

canadamus_prime:
Erin is never safe for work. She doesn't need her own pronouns for that.

I don't know, maybe if she worked for al Qaeda.

Scars Unseen:
The ones here in Japan are pretty good...

You're just cheating!...The ones in Hong Kong are pretty good as well, though. The fish burgers are truly exceptional. They have KFCs there that serve honey-glazed scones. Marvellous!

VanQ:
The truly sad thing is. This isn't even an exaggeration.

Case in point:

pic.twitter.com/DpdLZxXnY8- Tumblr dot TXT (@TumblrTXT) February 28, 2014

[script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"][/script]

EDIT: Hmm, apparently embedding doesn't work or works differently on these forums... at least the link to the image is there.

Wow, who do they think they are, the spirit of a boat in a human body? I could accept calling someone 'they' as a gender neutral pronoun if they really wanted me to but any of these newfangled pronouns are just silly, lets not needlessly complicate the English language any further.

Oh dear, I wish this wasn't so accurate.

lol. McDicks.
that made my day.

lacktheknack:

IndomitableSam:

Halyah:

*She and not they. :P

And yeah I was being sarcastic and joking with that statement. :)

Listen, guys, I'm sure it's all meant in good fun and you're mostly targeting the people who do ridiculous stuff, but you're lumping the assholes and lunatics in with actual transgender people. Even if you've decided to just assume that tumblr is full of nonsense, you should at least appreciate that you're punching down.

Jokes on you, you just gave me the green light to constantly refer to Eren as "That motherfucker" from now on.

Though the guy above raises a good point.

Amgeo:
Listen, guys, I'm sure it's all meant in good fun and you're mostly targeting the people who do ridiculous stuff, but you're lumping the assholes and lunatics in with actual transgender people. Even if you've decided to just assume that tumblr is full of nonsense, you should at least appreciate that you're punching down.

We like to think we punch in every direction. Like a starfish.

A starfish made of fists.

lacktheknack:

IndomitableSam:

Halyah:

You've gotta be fucking joking.

Ok, for awhile the silly gender thing was funny in a disturbing way but this is ridiculous.

I can't wait for this bullshit to blowover and people realize that the entire thing has been derailed and taken over by special snowflakes.

If I ever meet Erin, I will make sure to be respectful and refer to them as Motherfucker.

Being polite is important!

I want to marry that woman. Hell I'LL take HER surname even!

The Wooster:

Amgeo:

I get the feeling that you're not in the mood to have a discussion about power dynamics and the relationship between comedians and society. Okay. I'm not super qualified for such a debate myself.

On the third panel the guy says "I need that motherfucker to sign some insurance papers."
Why is he using a pronoun there?
The sentence structure does not work.
Just try replacing it with any other pronoun, it just sounds silly.

nyysjan:
On the third panel the guy says "I need that motherfucker to sign some insurance papers."
Why is he using a pronoun there?
The sentence structure does not work.
Just try replacing it with any other pronoun, it just sounds silly.

That's because motherfucker doesn't work as an actual pronoun in any proper sentence. Thus, characters who speak in complete sentences would need to use "that motherfucker."

I actually think choosing your own pronouns is a perfectly fine way of defining yourself. I've created new pronouns for myself. Instead of "he," I'd like people to use "shoobi-doobi-loobi," instead of "him" I prefer "ay-ama-yooch-raysest," and instead of "his" I prefer the entire text of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix except for the boring parts.

So, I see that the Internet and Overblown-Individualism have teamed up to rape the English language...
...again.
*sigh*

This is possibly one of the best strips I have ever read from this. Well done! I laughed so hard, I think I herniated myself.

Zachary Amaranth:
I don't know, maybe if she worked for al Qaeda.

I wish. She'd unintentionally sabotage that place in record time.

The Wooster:

Just so you know, making jokes at the expense of groups that are generally treated negatively is kind of a dick move. The way I personally see comedy, is that its not about targeting all people, but more people that are more deserving of it. Thats how I see it, anyways.

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here