Escapist News Now: Naughty Dog Responds To Accusations

Naughty Dog Responds To Accusations

Earlier this week news broke that Amy Hennig, the creative force behind Naughty Dog's most successful franchise, Uncharted, left the company.

Watch Video

Havent cared about ND since Jak 3, so could care less about this news.

It bugs me that news sources refer strictly to Uncharted as if it's the only thing she did.

She was leading writer & director for Legacy of Kain.

Khanht Cope:
It bugs me that news sources refer strictly to Uncharted as if it's the only thing she did.

Not many younger gamers are going to know what Legacy of Kain is.

So Amy Hennig is out there on the market and Nosgoth Online is coming up? Squeenix and Psyonix should yum her up!

Not that I think that'll happen, but if it did it'd be indescribably awesome. We know she's got chops, and one of the biggest doubts about NO is that the old team isn't working on it. If they picked her up it could allay a lot of fan fears.

I don't exactly see how Naughty Dog releasing a statement clears anything up. If she was forced from the company by those guys I don't know, they're hardly going to say "Yeah, these guys made her leave because they want her work. But buy our games still."

It's like asking EA whether the launch of Battlefield 4 hurt the series' reputation.

Corran006:

Khanht Cope:

I've never played it and I've heard it's the shit. So it means something to me and I'm not 30 or anything.

So far as I can tell, Uncharted probably won't be on the PS4 as another big game, while a potential sequel to the Last of Us is doubtlessly up and coming, given the huge amount of praise being thrown at it.

MeChaNiZ3D:
I don't exactly see how Naughty Dog releasing a statement clears anything up. If she was forced from the company by those guys I don't know, they're hardly going to say "Yeah, these guys made her leave because they want her work. But buy our games still."

It's like asking EA whether the launch of Battlefield 4 hurt the series' reputation.

Corran006:

Khanht Cope:

I've never played it and I've heard it's the shit. So it means something to me and I'm not 30 or anything.

I'm 32 and I loved the legacy of kain /soul reaver series of games great story telling great voice acting and the gameplay was great too.

Good. Now maybe she can:

GO MAKE MORE KAIN GAMES. FINISH THE STORY.

Unfortunately, we lost Tony Jay since the last one. :(

Khanht Cope:

She was behind soul reaver?! Hot damn, I would love to see another Legacy of Kain.

Khanht Cope:

I still cling to the futile hope that we'll get a re-master or something of that series. I played it while I was in high school, and I'm still a bit sore that the story never got a proper ending, as much as I enjoyed Defiance.

That said, of course Naughty Dog would deny those rumors. What I'd like to know are Amy Hennig's thoughts on the situation, frankly.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here