The Wacky World of Titanfall: Waiting To Kill Godot

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The second half of that comic strip makes me think somewhere an EA Exec is hanging himself...

I remember saying that I would wait for Titanfall to go on sale before buying...

Then I remember it's Origin only, there will NEVER be a sale for it!

Otherwise, those initializing issues don't sound too flattering...but I wanna use a robot to hit shit!

Now only if there was an "insane system", where if you keep seeing the same team-mate bot or enemy, it just keeps rising until it gets to max ... then all your vision gets fucked up and you can just kill everyone.

... until a Titan blasts you away that is.

As for the bonus part, well, it did just come out ... although apparently a few people predicted this.
Kinda sucks ... but it feels like we're used to this shit, which we shouldn't be really.

You guys and the Godot jokes.

Excellent strip.

That made me think of this one episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine where Sisko and and that Ki Opaca lady end up on this planet where the inhabitants are trapped in a perpetual war and they can't die so they just keep killing each other over and over and over again.

I am, honestly amused by this.
Good show.

Mein gott... Today is the 11th! I've been too distracted with a persistent cough to notice!

I've got to go read the news feeds NOW!!!

First panel: Oh, not this again!
Second panel: Wha...?
Third panel: Well played, Grey and Carter. Well played.

This joke was one of your best, and somebody had to do it.

TizzytheTormentor:
I remember saying that I would wait for Titanfall to go on sale before buying...

Uh... I know bashing EA is the cool thing and all, but EA finally got Origin on the sale train well over a year ago. If previous games like Battlefield 4 and Need For Speed: Rivals are anything to go off of you should be able to grab Titanfall for 50% off within a month or two either from Amazon or Origin itself.

Big ups- this strip was in my opinion the funniest one yet. Also threw me completely for a loop- rarely does the sequential art format do that anymore. :D

Falterfire:

TizzytheTormentor:

Uh... I know bashing EA is the cool thing and all, but EA finally got Origin on the sale train well over a year ago. If previous games like Battlefield 4 and Need For Speed: Rivals are anything to go off of you should be able to grab Titanfall for 50% off within a month or two either from Amazon or Origin itself.

Really? Haven't checked Origin in ages, might actually take a look.

Also, not bashing EA (although to be fair, its fairly easy to do) its just I remember Origin always being Steam without the discounts.

I'm guessing you're poking fun at CAD... I kinda like both, CAD's might be the default weird video game gameplay mechanic joke, but:
a) I haven't seen it in a long time seeing as many video game comics have largely stopped being about video games (*cough* PVP *cough*)
b) Punchline was genuinely funny. I mean it's the sort of joke I can imagine my mate saying if there was actually a player there making choices about who to give Titans to :P

Diablo1099:
The second half of that comic strip makes me think somewhere an EA Exec is hanging himself...

... but he's so inept that even the rope he chose is too short to hang himself.

RA92:

Diablo1099:

... He must be really fucking tall if that's the case :P

Diablo1099:

RA92:

Diablo1099:

Oh wait, sorry, I meant his belt is too weak to hang himself.

It's been a while since I read the play.

Every shooter ever.

The second strip... is the game broken on the load screens or are the wait times and load times just absurdly long?

RA92:

Diablo1099:

RA92:

Oh wait, sorry, I meant his belt is too weak to hang himself.

It's been a while since I read the play.

Nah, I'd say you were right the first time.

EA's extensive "beta testing" showed them how much rope they should buy.

Why would they buy more than they need?

That's was hilarious.

The Wooster:
The Wacky World of Titanfall: Waiting To Kill Godot

What bizarre robot-flavored hijinks!

Read Full Article

I get your point, but I think that Yhatzee did it a little better. >http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jim-yahtzees-rhymedown-spectacular/8830-The-Field-Medic

TizzytheTormentor:

Otherwise, those initializing issues don't sound too flattering...but I wanna use a robot to hit shit!

Then play Hawken. It's what I'm doing while praying to GabeN to share his sale granting magic with EA.

So, I guess if I ever play Titanfall I'll grab the RustCohle handle and just constantly scream, "FLAT CIRCLE!!!" into the mic ...

TizzytheTormentor:

Really? Haven't checked Origin in ages, might actually take a look.

Also, not bashing EA (although to be fair, its fairly easy to do) its just I remember Origin always being Steam without the discounts.

With Origin sales they just don't go as low as what Steam might and they aren't as frequent due to having less games. It reminds me of Steam sales when they were just starting because they didn't have access to a large library either.

My only complaint is that it feels hard to navigate the Origin store to see what is on sale or not unless you are looking for that specific game (unless its an EA game).

vell played kamerad

I bet afterwards, either side doesn't even hate each other. They get so used to killing each other that by the end of the game- they've marked how many kills/deaths the soldier has obtained through scratches on the gun.

... By the end, they have to repaint their gun gold or something because it gets ugly from all the cuts (lol).

Good comic indeed! That's pretty deep.

TizzytheTormentor:

Except that one time when Origin was cleaned for thousands of dollars with a replicating free game promotion. That was a thing. Good times.

I like the joke concept, but it was kinda word heavy. 7/10.

I liked the second strip better than the first. The first one, though, who's the joke on there? Titanfall itself? The other webcomics about video games that Grey mentioned in that blurb on the bottom? It kind of sucks the fun out of shooting each other with giant mechsuits.

Vrach:
I'm guessing you're poking fun at CAD... I kinda like both, CAD's might be the default weird video game gameplay mechanic joke, but:
a) I haven't seen it in a long time seeing as many video game comics have largely stopped being about video games (*cough* PVP *cough*)
b) Punchline was genuinely funny. I mean it's the sort of joke I can imagine my mate saying if there was actually a player there making choices about who to give Titans to :P

We still have Penny Arcade.

Existential crises are never good during wartime soldier, shape up!

I didn't realize that every single web-comic was making the exact same observation/ joke until i looked at a few. This is an even more excellent comic in that context, some great work.

TizzytheTormentor:

One of the (few) traits of living in this lovely country (Mexico), is that EA's prices in Origin are pretty low by default, Titanfall was at $500 MXN (around $38 USD) in pre-order, I wouldn't doubt it'd go lower from there.

The comic was brilliant this week. Love it!

at least planetside and planetside 2 had an explaination for killing each other over and over... which, however, spawned a meme in the community by which anything strange was explained away with nanites...

Oh god it's out, I'm gonna have to scrape together what cash I can find under the couch soon. Time for my furniture to pay it's rent.

TizzytheTormentor:

I suggest you try Kinguin.

I like the second strip better. Spot-on!

Titanfall would be a horribly boring game if you just got your mech instantly and played it full time. So basically last mech standing.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here