Unskippable: Dirge of Cerberus

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

These seem to just be getting better and better. Who would of thought mixing Mystery Science Theater 3000 with crappy video game cut scenes would work so well.

Another wonderful episode! I've loved all of them so far.
I was expecting a "SNAAAAKKKKEEEE!" quip though XD
Keep up the brilliant work!

Hahaha, oh God, that was so funny :D
The bit about Vincent brooding made me laugh so hard XD
I love this game too :3

It's nice to have a good series here that updates regularly (not ZP).
Now I have to go and prepare for my morning brood.

Great work, definitely one of my favorites so far.

"Ahh these dogs are about to attack...Oh good, Vincent can save us....Wait, why are you just standing there!"

Hahaha priceless again.

Favorite parts:
"Why did I take the stairs?"
"Pop-up Windows. He needs FireFox"
"'What the heck was that?' 'An explosion'"
and best one: "Wait a minute, where did I leave the moon?!"

Although I gotta say, I think the guy with the deeper voice is much funnier. His comments are usually more witty and to be honest, his voice makes it better (I know it's kinda weird, but can you imagine Yahtzee doing ZP without his accent or perfect pronounciation? It sounds terrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSpPIBvjN4 ) I'm not sure if it's Graham or Paul, I'm going to guess it's Graham that I really don't enjoy hearing his voice or jokes (no offense to the man) but I'm e-mailing them now to clarify their identities.

Haha great stuff, seriously. I look forward to these more than I do ZP now. Keep up the good work.

That was way better than the last one, way ta go!

KeithA45:
Hahaha priceless again.

Favorite parts:
"Why did I take the stairs?"
"Pop-up Windows. He needs FireFox"
"'What the heck was that?' 'An explosion'"
and best one: "Wait a minute, where did I leave the moon?!"

Although I gotta say, I think the guy with the deeper voice is much funnier. His comments are usually more witty and to be honest, his voice makes it better (I know it's kinda weird, but can you image Yahtzee doing ZP without his accent or perfect pronounciation? It sounds terrible: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XSpPIBvjN4) I'm not sure if it's Graham or Paul, I'm going to guess it's Graham that I really don't enjoy hearing his voice or jokes (no offense to the man) but I'm e-mailing them now to clarify their identities.

Welcome to the escapist.

Btw you should put a space between the link and the end parenthesis otherwise the link breaks.

Never really picked up on the varying levels of funny between the two guys, but now you mention it your right, the deep guy is way funnier.

"You know, George Lucas actually gets 20 cents everytime someone says that line."
Awesome.

Pretty much summarised every game that's come from Japan in one of the last few sentences.

"Wow this seems like a really fun game to play, maybe we could do that at some point
Yet some how I suspect when you do actually play the game you can't actually do any of those things."

Really funny, these are certainly getting better and better.
Some some things are spot on.

that was really good, my fave so far.

I've played DoC for 30min maybe, so I truly hope that Vincent will destroy that Metal Gear in the end... ;)

The one with the deeper voice is Paul, yes. I think it's just a matter of preference, I've always liked Grahams voice, ever since the 'election rant' on LRR.

That was great.

"I'll get you next time, gadget!" - pure gold.
"What was that?" "An explosion." - pure...platinum.

Is it just me, or do the guys sometimes sound like Mike and Kevin of MST3K/Rifftrax fame? Or maybe I've just been watching MST3K too much lately...

Hilarious, and one of the voices sounded a lot like the precursors from Jak.

To try and give you guys an idea of who's who:

Graham:
"I'll get you next time gadget"
"Where did I leave the moon?"
"Midgar Morning Madness!"
"Vincent wakes up, broods..."

Paul:
"This isn't a phone!"
"George Lucas gets 20..."
"Once Shinra built the giant gun..."
"Vincent! Why are you just standing there?!"

It should also be mentioned that we both write all the jokes, so we're not always necessarily delivering our own quips.

I bring this up mostly because Paul and I don't really see a marked difference between us, but that's us.

It's pronounced 'Sour-on', not 'sore-on'.

"Wow, only in anime can someone be backlight at night" This is a seriously awesome series.

I'll have to admit: this installment of Unskippable was very funny.

Awesome stuff. I liked the line

"I bet when you actually play the game you can't do any of these things."
"Oh, that's just pessimism"

the best. Keep it up! You're becoming my new favorites on this site!

"I see the Procedure went well, Otacon..."

I can't even begin to fathom where the inspiration for that one came from.

Heyyyy! You're getting better, this actually made me laugh this time, well done, keep up the improvement.

"Where did I leave the moon?"

I lol'd a lot at that :D

Loving the series!

The best part of that was the whole "wow, this game looks really fun to play...maybe we can get to that sometime" I laughed so hard at that part.
I hope they never do the MGS4 opening cutscene or we'll be watching for at least 20 minutes :P

another great episode. the sarcasm at the end is what put me over the top.

Graham, Paul, you guys are unbelievably good at what you do! At first glance it seems so simple (say funny stuff about a video, bah easy), but your many cultural references (some not even game-related!) and your unique style of delivery turn it into an art form!

Your series really IS Unskippable!

PS: "This is God! PICK UP THE PACE!" - that had me in stitches!
PS2: The description under the video has a typo - "eplosions".

"Why did I take the stairs?" LOL!
Awesome. This is the best episode yet, imho. :)

i lol at the metal gear jokes so loud! nice nice very nice

"Pop-up Windows. He needs firefox. That would be Red XIII right?" rofl><

well done guys

Nice work as always guys, the crack about the troops not being able to find the rest of yuffie's sweater was nice.

Kukakkau:
dont you just love how all the house are made of wood and everything is really old... yet they have flying jetski's and mobile phones?

loved the inspector gadget crack and how most of the cutscene is *dramatic no emotion stare*

Um...

In Europe all the buildings are old yet they have mobile phones and futuristic looking BMW bikes...

The strangest thing was seeing a Videogame Store in France that occupied the bottom floor of an old medieval house. Or an electronics store in an ancient venetian building.

Hands down, funniest one yet XD

Your voice acting is improving and the deliveries are percice as well as pricless. I also like that they're getting longer with each episode. This makes me relish my old MST3K watching youth, so I keep wanting these to be an hour and a half long, sadly, the only game with that much usless diolague would be Xenosaga, and I don't see you guys putting yourselves threw the agonizing tourture of a JRPG.

Human experiments! Yay!

that was the best one yet!

Poking fun at Vincent Valentine's game is way too easy... but it brightened my Monday nonetheless.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here