Unskippable: Dirge of Cerberus

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Look, i've learnt from the past, not to troll.

And let me tell you that it is EXTREMELY hard not to troll the shit out of this. So, instead of trolling, I'll be a little bit more logical.

1- This is easy target, easy made profit...you get video seqences from games, and dub your voices over the top. It reminds me ALOT of the whole Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Not another Teen movie...ect

2- It's obvious that because its an easy target (aka Gamers under the age of 18) it does not require that much thought behind it. So it is a piece of piss to make.

3- You get paid to do this? I know people who bust their arse and make some quality stuff for short film festivals and so on and they just dont get picked up.

4- I hate the fact that Yahtzee had to change his intro and outro music because of the copyright laws in place today, yet for some reason the fair use act allows you people to use video seqences (for which you obviously profit from) created for in game use of video games by programmers. They are doing the hard work and you are getting the coin for it. Not exactly what I call reaping the reward.

I have watched a few of these, and I have tried to enjoy it, and there are one or two jokes that made me smirk a little, but thats about it. Sorry guys.

P.S- I cant stand the fact that people get banned for 'trolling' when the escapist clearly pays people to do it via video segments, it also claims that many children use this site which is why we have to keep on our best behaviour, but for some reason Yahtzee is paid to say things like: cunt, fuck, shit, tits, finger your wife...and so on. Dont get me wrong, I love it, but I am 25 years old. So if you want to cater to children, make it children friendly. If you dont, then let us adults have some fun yeah? Cheers.

Baiting-Master:
It reminds me ALOT of the whole Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, Not another Teen movie...ect

Ouch, man. That hurts.
All the comparisons to MST3K are totally on point (and frankly flattering), but... the Epic Movie guys? Dude, not cool.

Baiting-Master:
You get paid to do this? I know people who bust their arse and make some quality stuff for short film festivals and so on and they just dont get picked up.

Yeah man, people like us. We've been making online videos every week for 5 years and this is us finally getting a job out of it. Please don't make it sound like this just fell in our laps, we've busted our arses too.

----
Glad mostly everyone else is enjoying this episode! I think it's our best one yet.

hahaha these two guys are awsome, i wonder how many times they watch the video before actualy doing the video

archwiccan:
hahaha these two guys are awsome, i wonder how many times they watch the video before actualy doing the video

A lot. More than we're comfortable with in some cases... especially for Eternal Sonata. Man, that was rough.

GrahamS:

archwiccan:

A lot. More than we're comfortable with in some cases... especially for Eternal Sonata. Man, that was rough.

well yeah but thinking about it they dont need to watch it to much, they just got to know what is comming up, most likely some games they need to watch more then others, even though the humour is just plain stupid you cant help the fact there is a good amount of wit and intelect that goes into the planning of the jokes

'I still have some work to do, I have to stop metal gear...' hahaha this series really is fantastic.

"I have to stop metal gear" pure awesomeness

Baiting-Master:
Look, i've learnt from the past, not to troll...

4- I hate the fact that Yahtzee had to change his intro and outro music because of the copyright laws in place today, yet for some reason the fair use act allows you people to use video seqences (for which you obviously profit from) created for in game use of video games by programmers. They are doing the hard work and you are getting the coin for it. Not exactly what I call reaping the reward...

I felt like hitting on this. The Yahtzee bit sucked, yeah, I liked custom music too, but the music industry is anal now a-days I guess. The games industry - you make it sound like Unskippable is stealing their cash. They are NOT, people buy the games to play them, these guys do commentary on them. They are two different venues, and the game industry will never suffer because a few guys poked fun at their cinematics. I'm sorry, but I don't see any weight to your argument. Except the Yahtzee music bit. And the children visiting the site bit.

On the actually topic, kudos to the Unskippable guys!

Hope they do one of the intros to one of the Metal Gear Solid games next.

Another win. Even my wife liked it.

That was hillarious!

thank you guys for putting american voice acting in its place. just thanks.

Hilarious. The comic timing is great.

The whole human experiments bit was awesome!

Great video, really funny.

I think having a boring cut-scene makes for a boring cut-scene no matter how it's commentated, so I'm really glad you guys decided to take a jab at something a little more faster-paced.

Keep up the good work, amigos.

Hehe that did make me laugh

I could imagine. I was actually thinking of buying Eternal Sonata, too. After seeing this, I couldn't imagine how much you two had gone through with this.

Seeing that Final Fantasy XIII so far is nothing but cutscenes in the trailers over the past few years, I find it funny how it still gets the fans psyched. I just know that you guys are going to riff that one one day. Speaking of Final Fantasy, I think the ones who are whining about how much this video sucks MUST be Square-Enix fans. Maybe they should be forced to watch these game intros over and over, huh?

I'm really starting to like this series! One of you guys really sounds like Mike Nelson from MST3K!!! :)

GrahamS:
*snip*

Just a little nit pick

Your description in the video has something about unexplained backstory. This is kinda invalid. It's nearly fully explained during the course of the game. Through cutscenes yes but still explained

smallharmlesskitten:

GrahamS:
*snip*

Just a little nit pick

Your description in the video has something about unexplained backstory. This is kinda invalid.

I agree.

(We don't actually write those posts... sshh...)

May this series live a long and happy life! I love it :)

Baiting-Master:
Look, i've learnt from the past, not to troll.

So where is your internet video series?

Or in Graham and Pauls case, Series'.

Oh that's right...

you guys are obnoxious, is this what "unskippable" is? just lame ass commentary?

DO ONE ON HALO 3 AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........... 3 years later.....hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh (lowercase) hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... please

Vohn_exel:
I actually didn't find this one quite as funny as the previous ones, but still hilarious :D

"We're testing bullets on you! Tell us if this hurts..."

There may be some side effects...like your death ^_^

I mean no disrespect, but Unskippable hasn't been my cup of tea. It's just not my thing. Having said that, I can honestly say I was surprised by the hillarity in this episode. :D I had to watch because I'm a huge FF7 fan (but did find DoC to be lacking). I had to watch on principle, and was not disapointed.

Winning observation;
"Only in anime can you be back-lit at night!"

Winning line;
"Man, all these lights are really harshing my Brood vibe."

Fantastic. :)

Definitely the funniest so far.

MaxRaine:
I must add that I love how this makes me think of MST3K =P

Amen to that - and they're getting better as the episodes go on. I swear I can hear Mike Nelson's voice in some of these.

"We couldn't find the rest of your sweater."
"I have a bad feeling about how Final Fantasy keeps ripping off Star Wars."

LesIsMore:

MaxRaine:
I must add that I love how this makes me think of MST3K =P

Amen to that - and they're getting better as the episodes go on. I swear I can hear Mike Nelson's voice in some of these.

"We couldn't find the rest of your sweater."
"I have a bad feeling about how Final Fantasy keeps ripping off Star Wars."
"Three years - wow, I'm glad they didn't show those years in agonizing detail."

Sorry - wrong button. Nothing new or interesting, move along.

Amazing stuff, Just so funny overall and love showing my friends at Uni the videos as well, Just on the pure humor stand point alone.

Though with all the comparisons to MST3k around, I'll need to actually look into that show as well now and watch them. Just a overall brilliant new series that even people who do not play games, I show this to, end up laughing as well.

I love this video so freaking much! ^_^ I've watched it so many times now that I can practically quote it and I STILL lmao every time! Truly awesome job!

If I was a guy I'd turn gay for you guys, however, as things go I'll settle for bearing your comical little children. :)

xxx <3

I love unskippable...

I love these episodes.
Admittedly it is just the same concept as Mystery Science Theater 3000 but with games.
Not like thats a bad thing.

I was nearly in tears at the "Ahhh, theres the moon" part.
Genius.

I think you just officially became exactly as awesome as MST3K.

"We're testing the effects of bullets! ON YOU! Tell us if this hurts!"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or