Indie Developers Showcase

Indie Developers Showcase

Welcome to The Escapist's Indie Developer Showcase, a 10-day celebration of the designers and programmers who have struck out on their own to make the games they want to make.

Are we going to get a link to Gravity Hook? We're well into the 20th Jan now and I want to see what's next!

Nivag:
Are we going to get a link to Gravity Hook? We're well into the 20th Jan now and I want to see what's next!

Sorry about that! There was a snow day here at The Escapist's Global HQ. Gravity Hook is yours to enjoy.

what the frigg, you forgot mount and blade!

They forgot the Take Command series also, two guys made that game and it's dreadfully addicting for a civil war game. Not exactly forgotten, but it would have been an interesting thing to showcase considering that the original developers are making their new game based on the battle of Gettysburg. New name is NSD, or NorbSoft Development.

Yay! Free playable art!

Excuse me while I go geek out.

dejawolf:
what the frigg, you forgot mount and blade!

I don't think that really counts as indie.

Unfortunately, we only have 10 days, and there are tons of indie games out there to showcase. We didn't forget about your favorite one - we just picked differently. Also, you can read an article about Mount & Blade this week, so don't feel too left out!

everything here (for now...) is really good

dudes, you really gotta do stuff like this more often

what he said

ph3onix:
dudes, you really gotta do stuff like this more often

triskutt900:
what he said

I'm glad you are enjoying it! What do you like about it?

Spinwhiz:
I'm glad you are enjoying it! What do you like about it?

Everything man. The games are fun, new and interesting

This is really excellent. I love watching people in the early stages making games for the love of making games. I love the experimentation and the risks that these people are willing to take. Some of these are really just fantastic game, and the escapist would do itself a favor if they continued doing this. Make it a weekly thing rather then a daily thing. And giving exposure to game designers and programmers who are making phenomenal games will only open doors for them and show the industry what their doing.

Just such a good idea for so many reasons.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here