Unskippable: Grand Theft Auto 5 - Grand Theft Midlife Crisis

Grand Theft Auto 5 - Grand Theft Midlife Crisis

I think Michael needs a better therapist.

Watch Video

Of course we'll keep quiet, guys. After all, we're all friends, and that's the kind of thing friends do for one another. Friends do favours for each other, favours like, say, making another season of LRR. I'm not meaning nothing by it, just that I've got lunch with a lovely woman, a Ms. De Vere -I think you know her, Graham- and who knows where the conversation might go. So you guys keep working, and we'll keep quiet about what kind of work you're doing, capiche?

Rod Edge: *steeples his fingers* Ah, Mr. Stark, we meet at last. Trust me when I say that this cutscene is only the beginning of my many masterworks of dramatic non-player-involvement. They will all be... cutting edge! MUAHAHAHA!

I think that's the most I've ever heard the word "fuck" in any cutscene you've ever done.

I googled Rod Edge, turns out he's been with Rockstar since Vice City Stories and worked on GTA IV, RDR and Max Payne 3 as well.

Nearly lost it at the bust of Andrew Ryan. Though that does have me wonder what an Objectivist psychologist would be like.

Of course, the fact that there IS a psychologist in this cutscene makes it all the more spooky that an ad for the Psycho Pass anime box set was shown before this vid.

I'm... I'm confused... has no one at Rockstar ever actually been to a therapist, or are they just bullshitting based off little to no knowledge or experience like they usually do?

Graham_LRR:

Anyone else notice that The Escapist has somehow invented a new time of day? According to the schedule grid on the homepage, Unskippable airs at "0 AM."

GamemasterAnthony:

Of course, the fact that there IS a psychologist in this cutscene makes it all the more spooky that an ad for the Psycho Pass anime box set was shown before this vid.

You got Psycho Pass? I got the Diablo III Expansion Pack first, then a car commercial afterward.

WhiteFangofWar:
Rod Edge: *steeples his fingers* Ah, Mr. Stark, we meet at last. Trust me when I say that this cutscene is only the beginning of my many masterworks of dramatic non-player-involvement. They will all be... cutting edge! MUAHAHAHA!

That is the first time I have seen that "Cutscene Director" is a job title in a video game's credits. But yes, I laughed when you called that guy your nemesis. I always thought that would be Hideo Kojima. Will we get a part 2 next week?

Also, I noticed the hyphenated title for today's video and last week's. This trend is not just for reviews anymore, is it?

Dango:
I'm... I'm confused... has no one at Rockstar ever actually been to a therapist, or are they just bullshitting based off little to no knowledge or experience like they usually do?

I don't really see how that doctor is even supposed to seem like a good therapist though. You can't really criticise something for being inaccurate when it's not trying to be accurate in the first place.

Darth_Payn:

That is the first time I have seen that "Cutscene Director" is a job title in a video game's credits. But yes, I laughed when you called that guy your nemesis. I always thought that would be Hideo Kojima. Will we get a part 2 next week?

No, Kojima is Edge's twin clone brother, linked by cursed genes and the shackles of fate.

Dango:

Remember this is the GTA world, where everyone except the player character sucks horribly at their job if they even try. Also I don't think even the best therapist in the world could cure Michael of what ails him.

Aardvaarkman:

Graham_LRR:

Anyone else notice that The Escapist has somehow invented a new time of day? According to the schedule grid on the homepage, Unskippable airs at "0 AM."

It would be a new time format if anything, not a new time. However it just so happens that Japanese legal convention uses 0 AM to represent midnight.

I thought Kojima was your nemesis guys after the whole month of MGS5.

Eldritch Warlord:

It would be a new time format if anything, not a new time. However it just so happens that Japanese legal convention uses 0 AM to represent midnight.

Yeah, I highly doubt that The Escapist has adopted Japanese legal convention.

And yeah, it would be a new time. Because in the 12-hour clock, the day begins at 12AM, not 0AM. It seems The Escapist is inventing a day with 36 hours in it or something.

Maybe more, because they also use 23:00 PM for example, which implies that there are 24 hours after midday, but it's not clear how this new time format is supposed to work.

Aardvaarkman:
And yeah, it would be a new time. Because in the 12-hour clock, the day begins at 12AM, not 0AM. It seems The Escapist is inventing a day with 36 hours in it or something.

Yeah, I never understood that. I mean, after 12 AM there's 1 AM at night. And after 12 PM, there's 1 PM in the afternoon. It seems so backwards. Why not use 12 PM at night and 12 AM for noon? At least then there would be a proper sequence of 1 to 12 AM and 1 to 12 PM. Or just use the 24 hour system, that'd be even better.

Skeleon:
At least then there would be a proper sequence of 1 to 12 AM and 1 to 12 PM. Or just use the 24 hour system, that'd be even better.

That's kind of my point. The Escapist is using a 24-hour clock, but appending the 12-hour AM and PM suffixes to it. Which you don't do when using the 24-hour system. I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed it.

Aardvaarkman:
That's kind of my point. The Escapist is using a 24-hour clock, but appending the 12-hour AM and PM suffixes to it. Which you don't do when using the 24-hour system. I have no idea what they were thinking when they designed it.

True, but my point was that the "normal" AM/PM system is weird, too, because of that strange reversal on 12 AM and 12 PM.

BTW, the time table on the frontpage uses the "normal" AM/PM system from the looks of it (8 PM instead of 20:00 or 20 PM or whatever). So maybe they fixed it. Unskippable airs at 2 PM, apparently (unless it adapts to whatever time zone you're in while looking at it).

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here