Game of Thrones Abridged: Season One - Nothing to Lose Your Head Over

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Season One - Nothing to Lose Your Head Over

In Season One of Game of Thrones, we get to see Horse Lords, political intrigue, and magical coconuts. Plus, not a single person is beheaded.

Watch Video

Jup, it's good. Also nice to get caught up on the whole thing again before season 4 starts.

Keep up the good work Mr. Lees.

Sorry, but that wasn't funny at all.

Was this supposed to be funny and/or entertaining? These jokes have been done several times before.

Ha, I didn't realise that the first excution scene that Ned behead was ironic. Overall I did get a chuckle out of this video.

Huh, when it was announced you'd be coming here and the Escapist was talking about doing more tabletop stuff, it seems I'd put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

Very much enjoyed this though :D

Also reminds me that I really need to get caught up on Game Of Thrones

Loved the fact that Ned was always foreshadowing his own death. And I think the ending deviled the punchline well. Good Stuff.

Dany as a clueless gap-year student works very well, bravo.

I'm disappointed in this mainly because it felt less like an abridged series and more like a series of disconnected jokes. I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones and was really hoping this would have more to offer in the way of explanation. Something more like Dragonball Z Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged where the series stands on its own without needing to have first seen the original work.

Actually the green dragon was all about the oriolas in the show up until breakfast was interrupted by Sir Mormont.

Falterfire:
I'm disappointed in this mainly because it felt less like an abridged series and more like a series of disconnected jokes. I haven't actually seen Game of Thrones and was really hoping this would have more to offer in the way of explanation. Something more like Dragonball Z Abridged or Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged where the series stands on its own without needing to have first seen the original work.

Oh god we don't need more of that style of Abrdiged series. We have quite enough already, thank you.

PRetty good! And just in time for the start of the new series in April :)

That Eddard sure can't catch a break

Pretty funny.

This was one of the least funny things I've ever seen on the Escapist...and I've stuck in there through Game Dogs...

A series of disjointed jokes one could barely call a riff track.
I didn't pay anything for it and I still feel robbed.

I honestly can't think of anything good to say about it.

Even the sync was way off if not non-existent.

From the trailer I expected and episode-by-episode series, I didn't think one season would be as long as the trailer.

The 8 bit version of Game of Thrones was a better abridged series than this. This video was little more than immature humour added to random clips from the show with no explanation as to why these scenes were important. The least an abridged series should do is summarise the main plot.

I got a few laughs out of it, especially 'My favorite thing about swords is not getting my head lopped off by them'

Lame disjointed jokes... not exactly a proper abridging.
Maybe I am spoiled by actually funny stuff like YGO Abridged and DBZ Abridged?

I about lost it during the part with Drogo and the blood magic ...

NinjaDeathSlap:
Dany as a clueless gap-year student works very well, bravo.

"So what did you do on your Gap Year, Dany?"
"Weeeeeeellllll....."

Now that was amusing - would like to see him do one of those for every single episode of the series

That was about as bad as I was expecting. I guess he realized he was dreadful at writing jokes, and just went for quantity over quality.

A+, would listen to Matt Lees read from a phone book. Looking forward to next week!

Pretty good. I get the feeling your humour goes a miss on some people though.

I think some people are missing the point a bit here.

The aim was never to have a summary of the story, If that's what you were expecting you're going to be disappointed.

Matt's abridged videos have always been about just having a bit of fun. The E3 abridged videos didn't follow the "storyline" of the conferences, they were just an excuse to have a bit of a laugh, and it's no different here.

There's nothing wrong with the synching, that's not the point either. Bad Lip Reading has got that bit covered.

Perhaps this type of humour isn't your thing, and that's fair enough. But I for one don't always need to have "clever" jokes to have a laugh.

Keep up the good work Matt, I'm enjoying it!

Falterfire:

Pretty much what I was expecting. In America!

I laughed in places though, not gonna' lie, but I was expecting something far more coherent and longer.

uanime5:
The 8 bit version of Game of Thrones was a better abridged series than this. This video was little more than immature humour added to random clips from the show with no explanation as to why these scenes were important. The least an abridged series should do is summarise the main plot.

This seems to be the attitude of a lot of people. I don't think you have ever seen any of Matt's abridged conferences.

and on a side note, the DBZ and YGO abridged videos are absolute tosh. Just saying.

webkilla:
Now that was amusing - would like to see him do one of those for every single episode of the series

Agreed.
I thought it was a bit weird they had the Bran - Cersei/Jaime scene a minute in, and after that it just plowed through the season.

I don't see why he couldn't have done an episode per episode. With the rate this is going he's gonna outpace the show faster than the show can outpace the books.....

would have preferred more than 1 episode per season, not necessarily 1 abridged per episode but maybe 3 or 4 per season. but i realize you want to be ready for season 4 so whatevs. i enjoyed it

Matt Lees:
Season One - Nothing to Lose Your Head Over

In Season One of Game of Thrones, we get to see Horse Lords, political intrigue, and magical coconuts. Plus, not a single person is beheaded.

Watch Video

Amusing work as always. But I am most concerned with whether we will get to see Matt do lunges in another gaming expo (preferably Escapist)!

This was great stuff Matt, as usual. If people never watched the brilliant E3 Abridged videos from Videogamer (Go watch them!) then you may not have understood what this was aiming for, but as a continuation of that concept, this was excellent. I do agree it was a bit quick though. The 'episode per episode' thing should be better for Season 4, but it might be fun to go back to the first 3 seasons when that's over and do full episodes for them. That would be awesome.

It was pretty good but no big bursts of laughter like the E3 stuff.

Well that was fun

-M

Matt, you are a very silly man.

Nipples, na-na-nipples, na-na-nipples, na-na-nipp!

Not exactly your average abridged... thing.
I didn't find it funny.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or