Escapist Podcast: 130: Star Warhammers of Titanfall's Creed 2

130: Star Warhammers of Titanfall's Creed 2

This week, while most of the Escapist crew is at GDC, the remaining intrepid Podcast Crew talks about what they'd like to see in the next Star Wars movie, Assassin's Creed game and Titanfall 2. Plus, we talk about the upcoming Warhammer 40,000 card game, because in the grim darkness of the GDC week podcast, there is only going off topic.

Watch Video

Titan Fall needs to up the scale, still good thou. BF3/4 scale maps would be great, and they could do it i mean its the source engine they using right ? It still looks decent considering how old it is.

FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE ! lol so many bad memories, I had to lend my zelda to a friend just to complete the temple. Speed runs are cool but i think it would be more impressive with out glitches/exploits.

Star Wars i really hope will be good. 1 2 and 3 were.....alright. BUT so many stupid things and felt lacking in alot of quality eps 4 5 and 6 did. And i hate the argument of it for kids. The universe is there, there is no excuse to have a shitty story with so much promise, its no the viewer/fans, its not the universe. Its the film makers dam fault they failed, its that simple. Its the same crap Bay pulled with Transformers, it says somthing when the 1986 animated TF MOVIE story and film itself holds up way better then all 3 Bay formers movie.

MY ARMOUR IS CONTEMPT, MY SHIELD IS DISGUST MY SWORD IS HATRED. THE IN GOD EMPERORS NAME, LET NON SURVIVE !

The Warhammer 40k universe ..... well look at my DP pic lol It looks cool and its 40k so FUCK YEH ! I used to love Magic still got my pile of my old magic cards but again with no one to play with then im fucked. Dawn of War 1 and currently 2 cures that 40k itch and the books. lol im the dick head in DOW2 yelling 40k quotes. It all sounds very cool and being a 40k fanboy ima check it out but like all GW things its sounding very .

The Imperium shall rise and fall by MY hands or fall, and fall and fall. LET THE GALAXY BURN !

Im still waiting for a great 40K movie or a Game of Thrones style thing maybe going into the Horus Hersy era i mean it would be great intro to the n00bs.

And Relic made Space Marine they are still alive.I think your thinking of the dudes that were making the mmo Dark Millennium, Vigil Games, they got shat on, i dont think anyone even wanted them in the THQ sell off. Sega just owns them (Relic) and if the dawn of war 2 page on steam is to be trusted maybe ive got it wrong but segas name is next to the dawn of war games also. They have said that its a good possibility as they always had a good relationship with GW

AstaresPanda:
Titan Fall needs to up the scale, still good thou. BF3/4 scale maps would be great, and they could do it i mean its the source engine they using right ? It still looks decent considering how old it is.

FUCK THE WATER TEMPLE ! lol so many bad memories, I had to lend my zelda to a friend just to complete the temple. Speed runs are cool but i think it would be more impressive with out glitches/exploits.

Star Wars i really hope will be good. 1 2 and 3 were.....alright. BUT so many stupid things and felt lacking in alot of quality eps 4 5 and 6 did. And i hate the argument of it for kids. The universe is there, there is no excuse to have a shitty story with so much promise, its no the viewer/fans, its not the universe. Its the film makers dam fault they failed, its that simple. Its the same crap Bay pulled with Transformers, it says somthing when the 1986 animated TF MOVIE story and film itself holds up way better then all 3 Bay formers movie.

MY ARMOUR IS CONTEMPT, MY SHIELD IS DISGUST MY SWORD IS HATRED. THE IN GOD EMPERORS NAME, LET NON SURVIVE !

The Warhammer 40k universe ..... well look at my DP pic lol It looks cool and its 40k so FUCK YEH ! I used to love Magic still got my pile of my old magic cards but again with no one to play with then im fucked. Dawn of War 1 and currently 2 cures that 40k itch and the books. lol im the dick head in DOW2 yelling 40k quotes. It all sounds very cool and being a 40k fanboy ima check it out but like all GW things its sounding very .

The Imperium shall rise and fall by MY hands or fall, and fall and fall. LET THE GALAXY BURN !

Im still waiting for a great 40K movie or a Game of Thrones style thing maybe going into the Horus Hersy era i mean it would be great intro to the n00bs.

And Relic made Space Marine they are still alive.I think your thinking of the dudes that were making the mmo Dark Millennium, Vigil Games, they got shat on, i dont think anyone even wanted them in the THQ sell off. Sega just owns them (Relic) and if the dawn of war 2 page on steam is to be trusted maybe ive got it wrong but segas name is next to the dawn of war games also. They have said that its a good possibility as they always had a good relationship with GW oh and tut tut thats just Heresy not knowing all the founding chapters/primarchs. Ask me right now RIGHT NOW and ill list them off like the prick i am lol

damit cant delete a mistake post...

um paul looks like when you swing you leg the camera changes focus or filter or something.

So Zelda Ocarina of time is where I learned about online walk troughs.

Also we need more warhammer 40k. I loved playing 40k in highschool. In fact because of 40k i got my first job so I could afford a bigger army. Then they changed editions and everything just kept getting more and more expensive. So i quit play. Jerks. So this card game you speak of, it is afford able?

Great podcast. :) Lots of news I've been missing. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, about C-3PO and R2 knowing Vader. At the end of episode three they briefly mention that to hide his kids and other stuff, they blank out R2 and C-3's memory. So that's why they don't spoil the secret to Luke or Leia.

I feel like the title should have been "Star Warhammers of Titanfall's Creed 2: Retribution"

Thanks. I love the podcasts!
I haven't listened to them for quite a while, and that is for a reason.

When the time comes again that the weather turns nice (around this time) I bulk up on the podcasts to play while cycling.
I usually cycle more than a 100 miles each day, and the wonderful podcasts are great to accompany me.

So thank you for them and keep up the good work!

Concerning the French Revolution and Napoleonic France, you seem to be forgetting this big period of time between the decapitation of King Louis XVI and Napoleon's coup; this period is of course the 'Reign of Terror". Considering the guillotine in the recent teaser trailer, it's quite likely this is when it is set. I'm surprised that none of you guys mentioned that (although I haven't finished the podcast, so maybe you will), but I guess it's a bit expectant for everyone to have in depth knowledge of 18th century France.

This of course also means that Robespierre will be a major character, him being a very influential person in the Revolution, as well as being one of the people heading the Reign of Terror. Although considering that the Reign of Terror only lasted about a year or so, it stands to reason that the game would start with the civil unrest leading up to the Revolution itself, and possibly continue until the defeat of Napoleon at Waterloo. This would set my approximation of the Timeline for the game to be between 1785 and 1815. So about a thirty year period at most, which is quite a long time, but I think it could make for quite a good game. It would also give room for a wide variety of gameplay. Sneaking, actually assassination, the storming of Bastille, battles, perhaps even naval warfare. And also a lot of being miserable while everyone is executed.

Of course it's likely Ubisoft will entirely fail at this, but... whatever.

Great Podcat as per usual.

One question, why have they stopped showing up on iTunes? Last one was 120 there, has it changed it's name there or what?

KILL, MAIM, BURN! KILL, MAIM, BURN! KILL, MAIM, BURN!

Olaf, metal.

Warhammer makes me excited Berzerkers!I am making chaos deck Berzerkers! Death for you is ticking clock Berzerkers! Games Workshop can suck Mike Hock Berzerkers!

Okay, no more Assassin Creed games in the 'era of the musket.' Leave it alone. I liked the futuristic idea, or the feudal japan era. We could actually get a game where we play a ninja and try to be true to the history of them, that would be fucking awesome.

You know what, it doesn't even have to be an assassin creed game, just use the mechanics. Give us a badass ninja game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here