Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Creepiest Children in Video Games

Top 5 Creepiest Children in Video Games

Get ready to never sleep again as Lisa lists off the top 5 creepiest children you'll ever encounter in video games.

Watch Video

I'd like to nominate the entire cast of Rule of Rose. But it's a very good list, Lisa.

Those kids from "Prey"? Yeah, those things had me squirming in my chair. Generally any kids in any spooky situation is a blood draining experience.

Ah, the dreaded cat dingleberries. The curse of the long-haired moggie.

Good list. I will never, ever play one of these games.

Ever.

I had my F.E.A.R. marathon last year, thanks to the WB Bundle and... I gotta agree, Alma is one sick, twisted little kid/bitch.

And I've got to agree with Smilomaniac, the little bastards from Prey do deserve a honorable mention:

I don't remember Alma hanging around on that ladder. In my memory, she appeared in between floors as I was moving down, such that I couldn't really be sure I saw her at all. I would go back up halfway, there's nothing there. Then you feel the chill down the spine.

If it were MY list, I'd definitely include the Project Zero series. Like those horrible Shrine Maidens from PZ3? *shudders*

This doesn't fall under Lisa's usual genre of games for picks but I recall a creepy little girl that taunts you throughout a dungeon in Icewind Dale.

The orphans in Painkiller nailed it for me. Just look at them. LOOK AT THEM! They're like little orphan Hitlers with claws! Someone get the meatgrinder from Pink Floyd's The Wall. I got the perfect candidates.

Is there an actual "Lisa Foiles Sez: Have Pets, Not Kids" petition/campaign? If so, where do I sign?

>not Ginger/Rose/Robin from The Path

The above scene somehow goes even worse than the sick side of your imagination is expecting.

Sure, some would argue that the girls themselves aren't scary, but... I disagree.

Nice list but I'd have to say the scariest kids in videogames are the ones playing call of duty known as the flamers and trolls. The scariest thing about them .... THEY"RE REAL and in only a few years time they'll be running the world. The horror the horror.

Loki_The_Good:
Nice list but I'd have to say the scariest kids in videogames are the ones playing call of duty known as the flamers and trolls. The scariest thing about them .... THEY"RE REAL and in only a few years time they'll be running the world. The horror the horror.

Well, if what I've experienced with the "where the bloody hell are the parents?!" generation is an indicator of things, we won't have to worry about how they'll run the world once they reach adulthood.

We'll probably all be dead by then.

OT: Impressive list, Lisa. Kinda bummed the Unbaptized Babies from Dante's Inferno didn't make it, but what can ya do, eh?

WHAT?! Dante's Inferno! The unborn/aborted daemon babies with empty eye-sockets and fish hooks for hands! And they crawl towards you, screaming for their parents. Seriously...WTF?
Also Alma was kinda'...weak? Like I never saw her as scary, just as silly. Like a kid with magical powers on Halloween. Not scary, just goofy, you know?

yeah, alma did it for me as well. no other game or in this case child scared me that much. just a shame though that in part 3 it wasnt scary at all.

Can i just make a mention of the voices from Dragon Age: Origins?

Do you hear me Ser Wilhem, Ser Wilhem?
I am falling Ser Wilhem, Ser Wilhem, today.
I'm a maiden Ser Wilhem. Ser Wilhem?
But I'm dying Ser Wilhem, Ser Wilhem. In pain

Freaked me the fuck out first time i played that bit.

Way ahead of you there Lisa...

Johnny Novgorod:
I'd like to nominate the entire cast of Rule of Rose. But it's a very good list, Lisa.

Aw, and I got beaten right in the first post...

...but seriously, the Rule of Rose children are psychotic, evil and really creepy. Although I do agree with this Top 5.

Alma! Oh my god yes! And that damn ladder scene? That was the first time I ever fired my gun in a first-person shooter out of sheer panic. Oh sure, Half-Life startled me more than a few times, but I shot at Fettel's apparition in TERROR.

HA!
Joke's on you Lisa, I haven't had nightmares since I was like 9.

But yeah, that's a pretty good list, I had a demo cd of Silent Hill when I was a little baby.
It contained the beginning of the game up to the radio and then the school.
Running around that school was, and would be for a while, the scariest thing I had ever experienced.

I second the Dead Space entry. The first time I encountered one of the tentacle fetuses in Dead Space 1, I just Alt-F4 -ed out of there with a big "NOPE" sign suddenly appearing over my head. I hate kids being fucked up...

I would of thought the grey child would of made it into the list instead of the stalker

Issac Clarks suit dose look like a futuristic Daft Punk outfit. Nice comparison

No Drakengard?

If that is the case, drink in the madness that is Drakengard's most crazy ending.

I think myself and the girlfriend will be joining that 'Have cats Not kids' campaign =]

-M

Fear had some genuinely fantastic sequences when Alma was around. Some of the best gameplay I've ever seen. Only problem was that they were so few and far between. Too much shooting and not enough mind fucking.

is it wrong that i could name every movie you shown at the beginning?

altrough this is the first time i knew all the games on the list. but Alma as top winner, yeah shes not even a child you know. Shes in her 20s. She just mentally chose to appear as a child because shes fucked up.

In my opinion I would have to go with the Twins in the suffering and Romona in Dark corners of the earth
They are both super creepy

I only just had time to watch this, and it was like a lovely little burst of Halloween in April! Nicely done. ;) That list was dead-on.

Um... no pun intended.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here