Shut Up and Sit Down: Skulls & Roses (And Fresh Pizza)

Skulls & Roses (And Fresh Pizza)

This week, Matt Lees checks out the bluffing game Skulls & Roses. Also includes a bonus recipe for pizza!

Watch Video

Shut Up & Sit Down has come to The Escapist?

Oh hell yes!

That was quite enjoyable. Thank you! I'm also really hungry for pizza now...

if you put a little oil on your hands before mixing the ingredients it doesn't stick as much :)

Cheers for Shut Up & Sit Down! Also cheers for pizza, no matter how badly the dough is done!!

Well, welcome to the escapist chaps. Hope you'll like it here.

Definitely one of the best, if not the best, boardgame recommendation teams. They've been the deciding factor in many a purchases amongst my friends.

I have never heard of these before now.... But that was fantastic.
Lees really makes it far more than it should be to watch a video about a chap talking about boardgames!

Looking forward to seeing what else you guys have in store for us!

Welcome aboard, friends!

More venues for the Shut Up & Sit Down boys is nothing but a good thing. If you're not caught up on the excellent work they've done reviewing board games and illustrating why such games are worth playing (or, alternatively, why Monopoly sucks and should not inform your board gaming decisions), correct that.

This is an awesome show for the Escapist to pick up =D

Welcome to the escapist guys, hopefully here you wont have people trying to pay for you to fall into canals :P

I would like to officially welcome our new board game overlords.

Ho YES! I love these guys! Welcome to the escapist and Good job to the escapist team for signing you!

Quinns and Paul are good.

Hello team better than Tabletop. Welcome to the Escapist.

Hey hey! SUSD has a new home. To of my favourite things in one place!

Never made a pizza without kneading it before. Might try it.

*monocle pops out*
Shut up and Sit Down on the Escapist? Wow good work all round! I'll enjoy this.

This is great, real happy for you guys.

On the subject of the game though, I'm kind of miffed that the Hell's Angels version is out of print. I dunno how I feel about this new more Mexican style artwork.

teanabowlie:
Hey hey! SUSD has a new home. To of my favourite things in one place!

Never made a pizza without kneading it before. Might try it.

There's also, you know, the SUSD website where they post articles and podcasts and stuff.

pizza in the morning, pizza in the evening, pizza at supper time...

Congratulations to the Escapist for having picked up some great boardgaming-review-happy-fun-time talent. Shut Up and Sit Down is epic fun.

I didn't notice this yesterday, anyway as someone that used to work at a pizza parlor I can tell you that pepperoni pineapple pizza is actually fairly common, at least where I lived, but anyway nice work, looking forward to the next one but I do have one question, will there be a board game and a recipe in every episode?
Because the title doesn't really say anything about food, just curious.

Glad to see Shut Up and Sit down here. Nice vid and looking forward to more

Kaleion:
I didn't notice this yesterday, anyway as someone that used to work at a pizza parlor I can tell you that pepperoni pineapple pizza is actually fairly common, at least where I lived, but anyway nice work, looking forward to the next one but I do have one question, will there be a board game and a recipe in every episode?
Because the title doesn't really say anything about food, just curious.

Nah, "The Opener" is an occasional mini-series amongst SU&SD reviews that focuses on smaller or more compact games that work best as the warm up act or as a break between playing bigger games. There is also a recipe for something vaguely related to the game as The Opener is more focused on enhancing the experience of a gaming session as a whole, whereas their regular reviews really focus on the game in question. The differentiation is helped by the fact that Matt usually does The Opener solo, whereas the "big" reviews are done by Paul & Quinns (with an occasional Brendan).

Boba Frag:
Lees really makes it far more than it should be to watch a video about a chap talking about boardgames!

Far more what? Entertaining? But videos with chaps talking about boardgames can be awesome, as shown on The IT Crowd:

Extragorey:

Boba Frag:

Far more what? Entertaining? But videos with chaps talking about boardgames can be awesome, as shown on The IT Crowd:

Ah, poo, that video won't work in my country. Daft youtube. In any case, touché, I see your point, but let's face it, anything Moss touches turns to gold!

Unless it's a soldering iron....

i actually been using lavash rolls as pizza pads. works wonderfully actually and avoids the whole mess with the dought. been making pizzas for years, it really is a great thing to do.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here