Escapist News Now: Rocksteady Speaks On Their Final Batman Arkham Knight

Rocksteady Speaks On Their Final Batman Arkham Knight

Andrea Rene spoke with Brand Marketing Producer Dax Ginn from Rocksteady Studios about the final installment in their Batman franchise, Arkham Knight.

Watch Video

I was among the few who didn't think Origins, which wasn't developed by Rocksteady, was terrible. It was a nice little bite between City and Knight. Looking forward to this as long as it isn't totally hamstrung by marketing crap like "unique pre-order bonuses" etc.

Gamer looks pretty cool. Did anybody else hear "Skins for the Batmobile? How did we not think of this..."

PuckFuppet:
I was among the few who didn't think Origins, which wasn't developed by Rocksteady, was terrible. It was a nice little bite between City and Knight. Looking forward to this as long as it isn't totally hamstrung by marketing crap like "unique pre-order bonuses" etc.

I only recently got around to playing Origins and I'm genuinely loving it. Recently finished NG+, and I'm planning an I Am The Night playthrough soon (though the idea of taking out Bane on a no deaths run is terrifying...)

Definitely looking forward to Arkham Knight, although it looks like it might be the thing that finally forces me to get a gaming PC for next-Gen...

dammit still no Nightwing or Batgirl (Cassandra Cain). This games settles it for me though I'm getting a PS4 same day this game comes out. I really want to wait until the game of the year edition comes out but I don't think I'll be able to hold myself back

The entire Gotham City? Gotham City is supposed to be enormous! How the fuck? What the heck? AWESOME!

I just hope if they do a collectors edition (which all previous games have) that they release it for PC, because I don't know if I will have a PS4 by the time this game is out and I have all previous collectors editions, I'm assuming late this year? By the sounds of it, we may get a Batmobile statue or something if they're that pumped for it.

Like a previous commenter said though, this may be what gets me to get a PS4, because I'm not sure my PC could handle it anyway.

GZGoten:
dammit still no Nightwing or Batgirl (Cassandra Cain). This games settles it for me though I'm getting a PS4 same day this game comes out. I really want to wait until the game of the year edition comes out but I don't think I'll be able to hold myself back

The details have only just started coming out, so maybe one or both could make an appearance.

SilverStuddedSquirre:
Did anybody else hear "Skins for the Batmobile? How did we not think of this..."

Ha! I though the same when I heard that. And it really would not surprise me if they added things like "classic batmobile" in the way they seem to end up with a bunch of batman skins. And that is somewhat understandable, since it's my understandings that art assets, and to some extent animations, are among the first pats of the game to be completed. So artist and animators become free to add extra skins and such without really adding much in terms of development time.

Kerethos:

SilverStuddedSquirre:
Did anybody else hear "Skins for the Batmobile? How did we not think of this..."

Ha! I though the same when I heard that. And it really would not surprise me if they added things like "classic batmobile" in the way they seem to end up with a bunch of batman skins. And that is somewhat understandable, since it's my understandings that art assets, and to some extent animations, are among the first pats of the game to be completed. So artist and animators become free to add extra skins and such without really adding much in terms of development time.

There should be a classic Batmobile skin. Batman had the classic Batmobile in Arkham Asylum. But that was before Arkham universe was fleshed out as something slightly different from the comic books, and no one, including the developers, had a clue where they would go from there.

Adam Jensen:

Kerethos:

SilverStuddedSquirre:

There should be a classic Batmobile skin. Batman had the classic Batmobile in Arkham Asylum. But that was before Arkham universe was fleshed out as something slightly different from the comic books, and no one, including the developers, had a clue where they would go from there.

*does his impression of Phil Ken Sebben from Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law* WRONG! As the super-secret hidden room in Asylum that no one found for 3 years so Rocksteady finally came out and revealed it proves:

Anyone else think "When did Louis C.K. start working for Rocksteady...?"

Anyway, it sounds like a promisingly ambitious design; hope that now they're back in the driver's seat, Rocksteady can follow through.

"Things that can be only done with next gen."

Yeah... I think I see what you did there.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here