Indie Developers Showcase, Day 2: Gravity Hook

Indie Developers Showcase, Day 2: Gravity Hook

Ever wonder what Metroid might have been like if the entire map was an infinitely deep explosive-filled mining shaft? Wonder no more.

Read Full Article

Wow, this is tough. I'm going to give up at 280m

The high scores list is unfortunate. This is why we can't have nice things.

Edit: OK, 429. I really give up this time.

Edit Again: 555! I broke 500, I'm happy now.

Edit Again: 1438!

hit 300m and just couldn't get any further, brilliantly addictive game, but quite frustrating. loving the old school graphics that really do tend to make it more addictive, a very good arcade machine feel

I....am....addicted! AGH!

Haha this is so addicting. I'm really bad at this though, I've only reached 128. Though I only have been playing for 5 minutes-ish.

EDIT: 384 I'm derermined to beat you all :D

FUN GAME :D

That is addictive. It really does prove that study right. I'm thriving on this challenge! Haven't played anything this hard since Icaruga!

EDIT 250! I got to 250!

706. I feel pretty important.

That I just got to 400 (after dying god knows how many times) I feel like a gaming god. Is that meant to be ok or have games really got that easy?

Bloody hell this thing is addictive.

320m for me.

edit: 509!

342 it shall be for me. Thanks to all the staff who are finding these awesome games and anyone else behind this Escapist Indie festival. I hope this becomes an annual, or even bi-annual event.

EDIT: 826!! Huzzah!

570. I'm the master of the universe.q

Really fun idea =].

What the fudge, Escapist. This is a cool game, yes. An interesting game. A game that can keep someone entertained for a long time. But unless I have a completely distorted view of the indie game industry, that's not worth a spotlight. It's just a cool flash game. There are thousands of flash games just like this one out there. Heck, yesterday's Auditorium, which unless I'm mistaken is also just a cool flash game, is eons beyond this.

I guess that what I'm saying is that I thought this should be a top ten, but I can't see a top ten including this. I hope the eight remaining games are closer to the Auditorium bar than this one.

"...and never take a game development job from someone who used to manufacture tires for a living."
that's some good advice right there. My score on this one really isn't worth posting. Pretty cool game overall, but I still prefer auditorium.

Add them all together - 6.
Multiply 6 by 1000 - 6000.

As you can see, I have won.

366. I give up. Really fun though.

EDIT: Has anybody seen the high scores? Bullshit those are real scores!

Must.... Stop... Have to go to... C...L....A...S...S...

Booya!

A simple virtual pat on the back will do :)

Eh, can't get much higher than 1k.

I like the guy's little dig at the "bob's game" idiot.

Good, entertaining game, easy start but more fun at bigger heights, got an easy 563 after about a minute of practice. Really like the concept.

Yay, got to one k! :D
This stuff is awesome. It's like pixelated crack.

EDIT: up to two k now :)

2443! WOO!
Take THAT Klutz!

Baby Tea:
2443! WOO!
Take THAT Klutz!

Wow. Y'know, I turned up to hand in my (to me) impressive 911m... And I see this.

Thank you so very much. ;_;

Admittedly, that puts me in third on this forum. Which is pretty cool.

EDIT: And now it's 1154. So close...

1052. After many, many tries, over the course of many, many days. Going for 1100 right now.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here