Miracle of Sound: Fires Far (Dark Souls II Song)

It has been entirely too long good sir!

I came for the Dark Souls. I stayed for the excellent musical composition and haunting melody.

This track not only evokes the spirit of decayed and mysterious Drangleic, but it stands on its own as a memorable piece of music.

Really great stuff Gav, and it really fits what's going on in the game from what I understand. Haven't finished the first one and I'm planning on getting this one since it looks like a good ride.

Video was nicely done as well.

Good stuff all around! :D

Oh man, this PERFECTLY suits Dark Souls 2. I'll be playing this when I finally get to try the game out- knowing full well that i'm in for a nice, nice treat. To die over and over again until I lose my sanity~ <3

But seriously, it sets up the atmosphere accurately. I'm not expecting to have epic music playing with high lighted tones... oh no, I am jumping into a world full of dread, death, and despair. I'm going into a game that hates me and will punish me for the slightest mistakes I make. This song sums up what i'm expecting to encounter in Dark Souls 2. Well done man!!

I've always loved it when you made songs like this, going in slow, then pull out the guitars about halfway through to give the song another level. You did the same thing for Sovngarde Song, and it's still a favorite of mine.

The callback at the end was fucking haunting. Really liked the tempo and build up. Another beautiful song. Thanks Gavin! :D

Another damn fine song, Gav! Hearing "Sisters of solace singing" made me think of the Milfanito you meet towards the end, singing the first Dark Souls' ending credits theme. Heck, "The mourning bells are ringing" made me think of, well, I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't gotten to that part yet, but I think anyone who has gotten to that point will know what I'm talking about, haha.

A new song?! 'Bout time! I've had the shakes it's been so long!
This really takes me back to the songs I spent my youth listening to. Keep up the good work, sir! In these bleak modern times, your stuff reminds us we don't have to mourn the death of rock and roll quite yet

First you give me my favorite song of all time in the form of Amnesia, now you perfectly capture the mood of one of my favorite games.

Well, off I go to give Gav some more of my money.

I created this account to post in this thread and say: How do you keep out-doing yourself Gavin? That was amazing.

This song is amazing and playing the melody of You Died at the end was just perfect. Really, great work.

Mistilteinn:
Hearing "Sisters of solace singing" made me think of the Milfanito

That's exactly what the line references :)

micuu:
I created this account to post in this thread and say: How do you keep out-doing yourself Gavin? That was amazing.

Many late nights, obsessive personality and not enough sleep :P <3

Jamous:
The callback at the end was fucking haunting. Really liked the tempo and build up. Another beautiful song. Thanks Gavin! :D

Thank YOU!

MiracleOfSound:
Many late nights, obsessive personality and not enough sleep :P <3

I can sympathize. Keep up the great work, though!

I think I speak for everyone when I say that we would all like to give a hearty welcome back to a long missed talented friend.

Welcome back Mr. Dunn, welcome back!
And what a great comeback it is.

So brooding. Much fatalism. Wow. Very epic. Wow.

Seriously rocking work here, Gavin. I was just thinking yesterday, "It has been far too long since the last MoS." Never stop, dude.

I closed my eyes and listened to this song and Suite Sister Mary popped in my head. Ha ha ha! Isn't that proof of quality? A song so damn good it reminds me of Suite Sister Mary.

I've never played Dark Souls because it doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but I think I might borrow it from a friend so I can understand the lyrics to this song a little more. That's something I've recently noticed -- The less I know about the game/movie/tv show, the harder it is to comprehend the lyrics to some of your songs. It doesn't make the songs any less enjoyable, but it just makes me asks questions like, "What does he mean be 'Fires Far?' What do you do in Dark Souls 2? Light fires?" :P

Steve Waltz:
I closed my eyes and listened to this song and Suite Sister Mary popped in my head. Ha ha ha! Isn't that proof of quality? A song so damn good it reminds me of Suite Sister Mary.

I've never played Dark Souls because it doesn't seem like my cup of tea, but I think I might borrow it from a friend so I can understand the lyrics to this song a little more. That's something I've recently noticed -- The less I know about the game/movie/tv show, the harder it is to comprehend the lyrics to some of your songs. It doesn't make the songs any less enjoyable, but it just makes me asks questions like, "What does he mean be 'Fires Far?' What do you do in Dark Souls 2? Light fires?" :P

I get that :) The songs are full of references so knowing the source material gives a new interpretation of them. And yep, you light a whooooole lotta fires in DS2 :D

Yeah I'm pretty sure this song just knocked The Day The World Died from my #1 Gav song spot. The line "the mourning bells are ringing" is a melodical masterpiece. Unfortunately I have yet to play Dark Souls 2 (I made the mistake of pre-purchasing in the same order as Watch Dogs which in turn delays DS2 until late May as well, at least I'll get twice the fun then) so I'm most likely missing some of the greatness in this tune. Nevertheless fantastic work as always.

I feel like I lack the words adequately convey awesome this song is, and I can't help but crack a smile at 2:30. But non the less, this popping up just before I went to bed last night, managed to make a rough day into a good one. So thank you for that.
Sadly, I've yet to play Dark Souls (or DS2). But, given all the recent praise for these games, I'll probably give it a go soon... and get horribly murdered over and over again xD
Also, I've got to say that the music in this one is fantastic. Really one of your best yet Gav, and I'd love to hear an instrumental version some time in the future.

Haunting and lovely, amazing as always Gavin! I loved the transition from a simply haunting melody with great visuals chosen to some straight up damn fine doom metal track.

I literally got chills listening to this song. I may have to make Dark Souls II my next purchase when I actually get spending money and free time and if my computer can handle it.

Finally your back!
And with a bang!!!
Well done again, been way too long since last time :D

This was one of the best musical pieces I've ever heard.
Truly hauntingly beautiful, managing to capture the spirit of Dark Souls 2 perfectly.

Why, I'd say this video right here would make for a better trailer than most of the trailers we've seen so far for this game!

Hot damn it feels like forever since I heard a Gavin song! It started off haunting and got heavier and louder in the middle, and it was badass! Can't wait for your next one!

Woha, that song struck a cord. Or several. I'm getting Bond soundtrack feels from the first part, but the rest is all very unique. At the drop literally every hair on my body is on end. Great job. *puts song on repeat*

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here