Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 April Fool's Jokes

Top 5 April Fool's Jokes

Lisa has several big announcements in this totally legit episode of Top 5 with Lisa Foiles that has no jokes or pranks whatsoever.

Watch Video

Pretty great endjoke there, lol (IRL)!
The beginning ones where nice too, just because they're not trying too hard to fool people (because that makes 99.97% of them BAD).

What? No Blood Dragon 3: Vietnam War 2? I suppose it's a bit late for that though. Oh well.

Enter the Dominatrix for me. The gag that inspired an actual Saints Row sequel. And then they released the original gag as DLC.

I really liked the fake WoW patch notes Blizzard put out a few years back. It contained such wonderful game fixes like, "Fixed a bug that allows warlocks to die. This was never intended to be possible."

So far this year my favourites are Westjet's conversion to metric time video and Microsoft's SmartClippy blog post.

I gotta agree with the Assassin's Creed for the Kinect at number one.

I remember watching it and actually laughing at what the people acting out the moves. The squatting on a bench and the girl flailing onto a table before breaking it were my favorite bits.

Man I was gonna bring up Blood Dragon, I really didn't think anyone would. Great minds do think alike it seems.
That AC one does look very good, gonna go check out the whole video.

Also that ending totally cracked me up.

Good to see Sheng Long make the list. Even funnier than the joke itself were the line-ups of players in arcades trying to actually unlock him because the internet didn't really exist at that time and so no one immediately knew if it was fake or not.

I remember a bit from a gaming magazine (don't remember which one, sorry) that said Nintendo was making a Kingdom Hearts/Mario game. I honestly believed it, and boy was I embarrassed when I found out t wasn't true. Damn you for playing with my hopes and expectations!

This show makes me smile every Tuesday.

I had never seen the Assassin's Creed commercial...I wish I had I seen it though as it was pretty funny

I remember GamePro setting aside a whole section of their April issue for gag reviews, previews, and just totally fake news for fake games. Always cracked me up!

Nothing about Half Life 3 or the years of Duke Nukem Forever shots? Really, Lisa?

I remember that Goldeneye code in EGM. According to the code, you had to raise up the enemy aim/health/damage/reaction times percentage to a ridiculous degree and after many, many tries, I actually completed it. I'm pretty sure I burned that issue once i realized it was an April fools prank.

What about the one where Facebook bought Oculus. That was a good prank, right?

CrazyGirl17:
I remember a bit from a gaming magazine (don't remember which one, sorry) that said Nintendo was making a Kingdom Hearts/Mario game. I honestly believed it, and boy was I embarrassed when I found out t wasn't true. Damn you for playing with my hopes and expectations!

I believe that was also EGM. Another one of their best ones was unlocking Sonic (and Tails?) in SSB Melee by doing something ridiculous in Cruel Melee.

I laughed harder at the thought that a Smartcar could hurt anything other then an ego.

Tsukikagenoknight:
I laughed harder at the thought that a Smartcar could hurt anything other then an ego.

I was going to say something similar. "Kevin hit by a smartcar? Is the driver okay?"

heehee. In the closet at the end. Good timing on that. You and your cameraman did well on that. Still got it miss. You're great. Off to work! Thanks for the laugh as I go out the door!

Jimalcoatl:
I really liked the fake WoW patch notes Blizzard put out a few years back. It contained such wonderful game fixes like, "Fixed a bug that allows warlocks to die. This was never intended to be possible."

So far this year my favourites are Westjet's conversion to metric time video and Microsoft's SmartClippy blog post.

Agreed Blizzard did this before Google, but I think Google has taken the reigns. Ahh good humor...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here