Trailers: The Elder Scrolls Online Launch Trailer : 'The Siege'

Your average joe's magic doesn't work like that in the elder scrolls universe. If you could just bondage up some nice elf lady with cleavage and then blast through a wall, people wouldn't bother to build walls. They would build more bondage devices.

The more I see about this game, the more I am convinced that it has very little of the things that made previous Elder Scrolls games great.

Awesome trailer, shame it doesn't remotely represent gameplay.

nayrbarr:
Awesome trailer, shame it doesn't remotely represent gameplay.

This. I don't see the point in pointing out a cool trailer like this when the game won't look or play anything like it.

This really does nothing for me. Blizzard gets away with these prerendered eyecandy movies because they feature established characters and events that players are familiar with and eager to see outside of game. This one is great and all but it feels like something that belongs before an expansion instead of before release.

Did I miss something or did basically absolutely nothing whatsoever happen?

- Lots of rat things walking
- Lots of Dremora and Undead walking
- Lots of Argonians walking
- Big Nord dude walking
- Big Nord dude running

I mean there was a short part where a wall blew up but that was really about it...

If you're going to make a big CGI trailer that has nothing to do with gameplay then couldn't they have picked a better part to show, like the actual siege instead of what seemed to be the walking toward the siege?

My reaction to this trailer:

Argonians get screentime yay :D
Argonians get slaughtered D:

Yup let's use the Beastfolk as fodder T_T
No lover for scalie things there

After first two trailers a lot of people complained that they didn't show enough (or at all) Argonians. Well, at least they listen when it comes to making prerendered movies. Can we get a proper game now too?

MJpoland:
After first two trailers a lot of people complained that they didn't show enough (or at all) Argonians. Well, at least they listen when it comes to making prerendered movies. Can we get a proper game now too?

Better to stick to the pre-renders, they play better.

So someones been watching the Lord of the Rings films recently...

Just one question, why the hell does anyone want another WoW clone that you have to pay per month for? I don't care if its wrapped up in a light coating of Elder scrolls, this is such a twist on the material that it may as well be entirely new IP.

dorkrock2:
This really does nothing for me. Blizzard gets away with these prerendered eyecandy movies because they feature established characters and events that players are familiar with and eager to see outside of game. This one is great and all but it feels like something that belongs before an expansion instead of before release.

Well I was excited to see Mannimarco, didn't know he had a part in this game. Though it seems weird, after checking the wiki, that anyone who considers themselves a "hero" would work with the King of Worms.

Not that I have any interest in playing the game.

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here