Unskippable: Dark Souls 2 - Death, Doom and Creepy Old Women

I loved the myst reference. Made my day.

Too bad that tear in the sky is too straight. If it looked more like a creepy smile then...

Okay, really...if I have to tell you guys what I'm referencing, then I am VERY disappointed in you.

So you become a Hollow, like from Bleach? Better watch out for a guy with orange hair and huge sword.

The Myst quote has officially made this one of the most awesome Unskippables ever.

EVER.

Goddamnit! Who let the narrator out of their recording hovel?

The Gentleman:
Goddamnit! Who let the narrator out of their recording hovel?

relax, she is just making some nice blankets for everyone to cry in when they are endlessly dying.

LOL, very nice... When he started saying random phrases like the old woman, heh...

canadamus_prime:
So you become a Hollow, like from Bleach? Better watch out for a guy with orange hair and huge sword.

Not quite. It involves fewer masks and more rotting body parts.

ECasThat:

canadamus_prime:

Not quite. It involves fewer masks and more rotting body parts.

But still a lot of feasting on souls, right?

theApoc:
LOL, very nice... When he started saying random phrases like the old woman, heh...

Who let her narrate in the first place? She sounds like she has Alzheimer's, what with how nonsensical that sounded.

I'm way too jaded by previous Souls games. I was mad that this intro cinematic explained too much!

As previously mentioned, major bonus points for the MYST reference.

Also, when even Smoky says it's ok to burn down a forest, either something's really wrong with Smoky, or the forest just ain't worth saving. The key is knowing the difference.

Robyrt:
I'm way too jaded by previous Souls games. I was mad that this intro cinematic explained too much!

Eh, it boils down to "You're undead. This is Drangleic". Compared to Dark Souls which gave the vaguest idea of what was going on and why, its pretty non-informative. You get most of the introductory exposition when you get the Estus flask,

Darth_Payn:

theApoc:

Who let her narrate in the first place? She sounds like she has Alzheimer's, what with how nonsensical that sounded.

Oddly, I really like the way they set up the story in Dark Souls, just struck me as funny to see them point out how random her intro sounded. I guess it does all start to make sense later LOL

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here