Escape to the Movies: The Raid 2 - Brutally Intense, Action-Filled, And Very Good

Pages 1 2 NEXT

The Raid 2 - Brutally Intense, Action-Filled, And Very Good

MovieBob takes a gander at The Raid 2, an Indonesian action film that's full of incredible action.

Watch Video

Nice. Now I have to see this too. Thankfully "ze Germans" do great dubs, so I won't need to study subtitles.

Thanks for the recommendation.

This

seems

so

AWESOME!!!!

Loved the first one, people saying the second one is THAT much better!
Can't wait :D

I liked the Raid so seeing it taken to the next level is gonna be sweet. And the baseball bat guy looks freaking awesome. Like Wolverine with pencak. lol

love the first movie.
just weird that even i live in hong kong, that none of the cinemas have it on the list. to even in the coming soon section. which is weird because the first one was everywhere in cinemas in hong kong.
hope this will change soon, otherwise i hope very much then that it will be at least available on dvd.

Yeah, I can't believe that they got Micheal Bay to do the new He Man movie. That'd make me a Sad Skeletor alright.

Hopefully I can see it since all the theaters that are showing it are pretty far away....

Sad Skeletor heard about the He-Man movie

Is this going to be more like the first half of the first movie, or the second half? If it's like the first half, then sign me up. If it's like the second half, then I'll skip since I don't care about watching an unbeatable super badass vanquish 30 dudes like it's nothing, or fight scenes that last so long I just start cleaning up my place out of boredom.

Argh it doesn't release here until July

and I was looking forward to seeing it.

I live in a third world country I tell ya...

"Go see it"

Will do. It looks great, and I'm a fan of confusing bullshit plots.

I SO have to find The Raid before seeing this. It looks off-the-wall crazy awesome!

walsfeo:
Yeah, I can't believe that they got Micheal Bay to do the new He Man movie. That'd make me a Sad Skeletor alright.

Wait, WHAT?! Is Bay the go-to guy now for these kinds of movies?!

That baseball bat scene was poetry. It's astonishing how organic it came out.

Now I have a strong feeling that I will be watching it this Christmas when my bro bring the film over since that what he did with the first film which I loved it!

I really liked the first Raid but I feel like it kind of peaked with that hallway scene, however the Raid 2 seems to be a more evenly with all the other characters.

Darth_Payn:
I SO have to find The Raid before seeing this. It looks off-the-wall crazy awesome!

walsfeo:

Wait, WHAT?! Is Bay the go-to guy now for these kinds of movies?!

Before this gets out of hand - I was just trying to make sad Skeletor seem relevant. I have no proof about He-Bay.

Man, I'm so relieved. I absolutely loved the first movie and loudly proclaimed it to be one of my favourite martial arts movies, up there with Ong Bak and Where's My Elephant (The Protector) for me. I was pretty hyped over the sequel and now I'm basically vibrating waiting to see this.
So many movies with such great potential this year, and with one of them totally exceeding my expectations already (The Lego Movie), I am just plain giddy for the summer.

Awesome. I'll have to drive 30-40 minutes to see this--and will do so gladly.

Mopey Skeletor? Oh come on Bob, getting the Kick-Ass writer attached to the He-Man movie reboot isn't *that* bad news.

Taking My Dad to see this like Cap 2, I can't wait, loved the first one.

Oh man that hammer shit looks brutal. Up close and personal fighting with improvised weapons and/or blades always makes me wince. Kind of a pussy like that.

Hah ... when you think about it, using two clawhammers as weapons makes much sense. After all, it's a short version of one of the most deadly weapons of medieval europe, the "Rabenschnabel".

Whoa. That one guy looks like an Asian Christopher Walken.

I haven't watched Bob's review yet because I don't want to spoil myself on any of the action-scenes. That said, I loved the first one and am looking forward to seeing this as soon as I can.

Having not seen the raid, and having only seen this review and the embedded trailer therein for its sequel:

- by Jove, the foley on that baseball bat is horrible. Sounds like he was hitting another piece of metal.

Small chick with hammers....hot.

meh, I'll wait for the poorly done American remake.

Are there any martial artists in this forum?

I ask because of the last scene of this video (in the restaurant kitchen).
The older guy on the right has his feet in the right distance from each other. His weight is two thirds on his left (the leg that is back) leg so he can fast change the weight distribution to be able to kick with the right (front) leg, or make a step back if needed.

But the younger guy on the left? He has his legs spreaded so much it would need much longer to distribute the weight, he basically handicaped his movement. He even spread his legs so far that i claim he does not stand as firm as he would if he put his legs about one and a half feet together.
Am i the only one who thinks so, or is there a deeper meaning behind this?

Edit:
Are these both left handers? Normally it's right handers right hand and right leg back, ready for kick/punch.

I got to see The Raid on DVD only because my local theaters rarely show foreign movies. Unless that changes soon or I'm able to go out of town to a theater that is playing The Raid 2, it looks like I'll be waiting for the sequel to hit DVD. -_-

Sounds great. I loved the hell out of the first one.

Oh my God, I had no idea this was coming out already. Holy shit am I pumped!

I'd absolutely go see it if there was a theatre in my city that was playing it. Oh well, maybe in a week or two.

The first one was very enjoyable if not to the level of some martial arts movies, but it's so rare to see this sort of movie in the theatre these days that I have to see them almost on principle.

I can't handle broken bones in movies.

I tried watching The Raid and couldn't get through it.
I can handle just about any amount of gore/violence in movies but broken bones get to me.

I want to watch The Raid 2...but I'm 99% sure it's not a movie for me.

Yeah, that opening scene is about how I feel about my work week...

I won tickets to an advance screening of this and boy was it brutal. There is a LOT of blood and broken limbs in this. Bob didn't mention it but to break up the martial arts, there's a hell of a car chase two thirds of the way through as well.

Oh, and if you thought Hammer Girl and Baseball Dude were awesome... they're a tag-team.

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here