Escapist News Now: See New Smash Bros Fighters, Items, Stages, and More!

See New Smash Bros Fighters, Items, Stages, and More!

The Nintendo 3DS version of Super Smash Bros. is planned to launch this summer. The Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. is planned to launch in winter 2014.

Watch Video

I never understood the appeal of the flat 'final destination' stage, but it's nice to see Nintendo's actually acknowledging, and designing their game around, what people in the competitive community want, rather than actively fighting them.

Also, was that Pong? Fuck ya.

It pumps me up that Charizard is his own character now.

After talking about the Yellow Devil boss fight they said that other maps would have boss fights, and then switched to the Pyrosphere map from Other M and had Ridley's shadow fly across the floor. Well, colour me excited. And running from a fireball.

Olas:
I never understood the appeal of the flat 'final destination' stage, but it's nice to see Nintendo's actually acknowledging, and designing their game around, what people in the competitive community want, rather than actively fighting them.

Also, was that Pong? Fuck ya.

It has something to do with the hardcore competitive scene only wanting to play on it since it was the only stage without any special gimmicks, thus making it the most fair stage in the game.
There's even a meme for it.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/no-x-fox-only-final-destination

Hmmm...I wonder...

Charizard, Greninja, and Lucario. I wonder if...

Charizard > Lucario > Greninja > Charizard due to typing? Think about that for a moment...

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here